Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
LAR has a more gripper topsheet than Jupiter 3
J3 Asia is hard, euro is soft, it is no where close to being a same rubber.
Asia was out first, euro is hard to get, so i'm assuming TB is using Asia.
Can't help it but just see incorrect information, so just want to speak out.

J3 isn't that great from my 15 years of playing Chinese tacky rubbers.
LAR is actually pretty decent, but I did tell Loki that price point doesn't justify where they are at the moment.

Loki isn't looking to be another Yinhe, but looking to be a top tier TT company with respectable price and product.
I did chat to them on a lot of confusion on naming and I do understanding how some of their "top tier" product is actually of good quality and fair price. But the brand value still needs to improve for the market to willing pay a premium for it.

If I didn't use H3, and I was given J3 or AR to choose, I would go with Loki AC. It is closer to the feel of my H3.

Blade wises, I actually prefer a lot of high end Yinhe blades over Loki blades. Yinhe does have a longer history of blade craftmanship. Loki I do feel, has caught up a lot on rubber production quality, however they still only make "Chinese" rubbers. Either way, its good for table tennis, with brands being aggressive and seek to fulfill gaps in the market.
It is good that Loki focuses on the rubbers. There are too many Chinese brands making Viscaria and 968 clones, whereas the sponge is really where I think Chinese brands are far behind ESN/Daikin rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Tony, been following your post about loki before, i spoked with a brand representative & its true they seem to aim for respectable price & quality products, they came off to me like a serious and professional brand open to new ideas. im expecting a sample package to try some of their lineup.

Now that the wtt world championship is over Did you find time to test the new RXTON 9 & 7 you sneak peeked on another thread? This representative said to me the Rxton 7 is "similar to D09C" while Rxton 9 "is similar to Neo" (im assuming H3 Neo) what do u think about them?
i also asked for plans on more euro style rubbers and they give me some news about 2 new spikes/pimples series they will launch next month, the TELSON 450 & 475: 450 "is astringent(i assume they mean grippy topsheet not tacky) soft ligth elastic, close to proton 450 of GEWO and Donic F1.
475 "Close to XIOM Vega & Butterfly Rozena" So it appears they are looking to compete & fill some gap in that market too. Love to hear your opinion if you have any information about these new products.
i have high hopes for their young brand energy since they seem to be looking to expand on the latin american and other markets too where price/performance are crucial.
Hi Matt

I'm afraid, I still don't have time to test the new Rxton
Yes Loki does have a lot under planning and development and the amount of energy they have is actually very good since I haven't felt that "vibe" in a long time. I also did a video call factory tour and they do have some decent scale.

I don't have much info on the new rubbers, but I do feel they would need some time to "settle"everything in.
One of the biggest problems for Loki is world wide reseller channels. So they actually have a lot of work to be done there and then starting to introduce products into these markets. I feel they are product strong, marketing soso, sales channel zero.

For example, a friend of mine wanted to buy Loki, and asked me. He is in the USA. There is no one seller Loki in North America. My friend has no intention of buying 1 or 2 rubbers from Loki's store. The importing headache was not worth it.

Are you a seller too?

What I have done is to market Loki as a fun and exciting young brand with high quality for little of your money.
The Rxton 3 Pink/Blue, I just call it Rxton Pink and Rxton Blue, and half my sales is currently from these rubbers. I did not want explain the "3" on there and so far, no one asks lol.

The rest, the customers are leaving reviews and selling those rubbers for me, as it is really "surprisingly good"
I'm also using Pink on my BH, which before I had a 50 dollar ESN. So I was confident that most customers should be happy with the range.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It is good that Loki focuses on the rubbers. There are too many Chinese brands making Viscaria and 968 clones, whereas the sponge is really where I think Chinese brands are far behind ESN/Daikin rubbers.
that is so true
and with ESN basically being in monopoly. It is not healthy for tt consumers.
So I am happy on Loki's direction.

Yinhe is making a fun approached too with all those "Color" rubbers for 2023.
I can't remember (and didn't go dig in my email), but imagine, a Blue Big Dipper, or Purple Moon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi Tony, been following your post about loki before, i spoked with a brand representative & its true they seem to aim for respectable price & quality products, they came off to me like a serious and professional brand open to new ideas. im expecting a sample package to try some of their lineup.

Now that the wtt world championship is over Did you find time to test the new RXTON 9 & 7 you sneak peeked on another thread? This representative said to me the Rxton 7 is "similar to D09C" while Rxton 9 "is similar to Neo" (im assuming H3 Neo) what do u think about them?
i also asked for plans on more euro style rubbers and they give me some news about 2 new spikes/pimples series they will launch next month, the TELSON 450 & 475: 450 "is astringent(i assume they mean grippy topsheet not tacky) soft ligth elastic, close to proton 450 of GEWO and Donic F1.
475 "Close to XIOM Vega & Butterfly Rozena" So it appears they are looking to compete & fill some gap in that market too. Love to hear your opinion if you have any information about these new products.
i have high hopes for their young brand energy since they seem to be looking to expand on the latin american and other markets too where price/performance are crucial.
If 9 is similar to H3, then what is 5?

I already thought 5 is pretty similar to H3.

If 7 is similar to D09c, that would be remarkable. Would love to test it. Actually I have found GTX to be fill that D09c role very well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Hi Matt

I'm afraid, I still don't have time to test the new Rxton
Yes Loki does have a lot under planning and development and the amount of energy they have is actually very good since I haven't felt that "vibe" in a long time. I also did a video call factory tour and they do have some decent scale.

I don't have much info on the new rubbers, but I do feel they would need some time to "settle"everything in.
One of the biggest problems for Loki is world wide reseller channels. So they actually have a lot of work to be done there and then starting to introduce products into these markets. I feel they are product strong, marketing soso, sales channel zero.

For example, a friend of mine wanted to buy Loki, and asked me. He is in the USA. There is no one seller Loki in North America. My friend has no intention of buying 1 or 2 rubbers from Loki's store. The importing headache was not worth it.

Are you a seller too?

What I have done is to market Loki as a fun and exciting young brand with high quality for little of your money.
The Rxton 3 Pink/Blue, I just call it Rxton Pink and Rxton Blue, and half my sales is currently from these rubbers. I did not want explain the "3" on there and so far, no one asks lol.

The rest, the customers are leaving reviews and selling those rubbers for me, as it is really "surprisingly good"
I'm also using Pink on my BH, which before I had a 50 dollar ESN. So I was confident that most customers should be happy with the range.
Hi tony,
Its alright whenever you have time to test them i would love to hear your opinions (its not the same what the brand representative saids & the opinion of experienced players and seller like you) im sure the other members would find it interesting too.

Just like you said they seem to have confidence in their products and so they need to focus on marketing & sales channels.
I actually talked with them about being a brand representative in Argentina since there isnt one here, and the minimum deal they offer for exclusivity isnt so high, its just a bit of a risky gamble right now for a young brand like them due to the economy, Import difficulties, the state of the sport & market in my country (butterfly & donic dominates the market & there is also thibar yasaka etc to compete, then for the chinese brands there is still a lot of predjuice about the style of rubbers & of course DHS is the "only" brand.)

A nice thing is i feel the communication was real personal , they told me about their plans without mistery and where open to ideas, I even invited them to the forum just like the Sanwei representative that open thread a while ago to maybe help comunnicate with the english speaking community a bit more directly, since there is already post about their equipment for quite some time now. Will see if they make an account :)

They told me They are investing in brand development and their goal for this stage is to establish a global brand. In december they will aatend and exibition in Munich, Germany. And they also are negotiating a Dealer in Brazil, thats good news since for my region is the biggest market.

Im not a seller but Im involved with the sport on and off for about 10 years since my father coordinates a small table tennis club, started playing again december 2021, I love the sport but it always feel expensive to me, so i started searching for real equipment alternativ, esand something i noticed was the bad advice about equipment from veteran players (not always of high level ) to novices, and of course i know from the forum, youtube etc, that is common around the world. Of course is a hobby and everyone can do whatever feels like, but seeing a novice player with a butterfly ZLC & Tenergy when they dont know how to spin the ball yet fells so extrange. So i started kind of a personal endeavor to prove myself, my teamates & players from the league i play that is not about the equipment price in our level of play.

I mean any random junior from china with some 5 dollar rubbers could beat the crap out of us, and some brands are really overpriced too. I know for a fact i dont need professional equipment to win at my level, so im playing now with some reactor rubbers and still won most league tournaments this year. One of the junior players i have around since last year started playing for the u15 national team, of course his level rise incredibly fast they train & compete now at a higher level, If i use my friend viscaria with T05 i know i would still lose to him without doubt haha.

Its nice to see some competition with good quality and prices so im interested in these kind of brands.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
If 9 is similar to H3, then what is 5?

I already thought 5 is pretty similar to H3.

If 7 is similar to D09c, that would be remarkable. Would love to test it. Actually I have found GTX to be fill that D09c role very well.
Hi im not sure if RXTON 9 is similar to H3Neo i just shared what they told me exactly haha, i just assume they mean H3 Neo because the series seem like a Chinese or hybrid style rubber, thats why i asked tony since he give us a sneek peak a while ago on another post. Maybe is closer to blue sponge? or harder more tacky than 5? i dont now, we will see. i would love to test them too but i dont think they will send me a sample in the package im expecting. Looking foward how their ESN style products came out. I know they are open to oppinions so i hope they listen to people like Tony and other testers and make it right :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I'm surprised Loki Arthur China is not an even bigger deal than it is. It's fast, spinny, tacky and it is so crisp compared anything I've tried from DHS. IMO it suits me better than H3N, H8, H8-80, Big Dipper and Battle 2 Max, some (H3N, BD, B2) which feel like dull jelly to me. I just ordered another 3 sheets just in case others find out how nice this rubber is and drive up the price. If you like your Chinese rubber crisp feeling with that crack when you hit it hard, you'll be hard pressed to find any better for the price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm surprised Loki Arthur China is not an even bigger deal than it is. It's fast, spinny, tacky and it is so crisp compared anything I've tried from DHS. IMO it suits me better than H3N, H8, H8-80, Big Dipper and Battle 2 Max, some (H3N, BD, B2) which feel like dull jelly to me. I just ordered another 3 sheets just in case others find out how nice this rubber is and drive up the price. If you like your Chinese rubber crisp feeling with that crack when you hit it hard, you'll be hard pressed to find any better for the price.
Why do you like it more than Big Dipper?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
If you like your Chinese rubber crisp feeling with that crack when you hit it hard, you'll be hard pressed to find any better for the price.
Now don't get me wrong here, I am also very fond of Rxton5 and most of my blades have these rubbers glued to them and indeed the price is hard to beat.
The only "reservation" I have to make is that not everybody has the strength
to play and produce the above mentioned "crack" and hit hard on a continuous basis.
Therefore, for those of us who have to keep a tight game, the H3 is still the better choice, better for the slow, close to the table play and for creating spin .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hei, can someone please tell me what is the weight of Loki Arthur China rubber?
Is it heavy?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Because many consumers don't know about it, or know how/where to buy it.

It is a really good rubber indeed.

This user has no status.
I could finally capture a bit of training.
The material is okish, regarding the latest temperature we have in our training hall currently. But we do had some issues concentrating, so i had a loooot to cut out^^

Either way i guess you can get a decent picture of how the LAC plays on both sides from the video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I glued the Loki GTX to the same blade as Glayzer 09c to test how they compare to each other. I think they are somewhat similar actually, but I think GTX is slightly harder and may have more overall offensive potential.

I actually think that the G09c might underperform on slower blades, but may be quite good on more powerful blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

Have you tried Loki Rxton 3 Blue/Pink? It has that same snap, crackle, and pop that you describe compared to the other Chinese rubbers I've played with (I've tried Rxton 1, Rxton 5, Jupiter 3, and Battle 2 Pro so far).

I'm trying to develop a full Chinese style FH stroke so the Battle 2's tackyness is more useful for getting a heavy brush with. But the Rxton 3 Blue is more satisfying to hit with when it comes to feeling and the sound it makes.

Lot of praise going around for Loki lately. Think this company is doing a lot of things right.

Jan 2023
I glued the Loki GTX to the same blade as Glayzer 09c to test how they compare to each other. I think they are somewhat similar actually, but I think GTX is slightly harder and may have more overall offensive potential.

I actually think that the G09c might underperform on slower blades, but may be quite good on more powerful blades.
I think latest rubbers are mainly designed to play with composite/faster blades since they are becoming more popular. I previously put a sheet of Sanwei Target 3 Provincial on YEO and I found it very difficult to engage the sponge despite it being only 39 degrees. Today I tried it on my Rutis Revo and the rubber became alive, I could feel the sponge compressing and I can now topspin more consistently than when it was on the YEO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Well I have some good things to report. Indeed GTX is quite similar to G09c, but I would still pick GTX for the slightly harder power and spin.

More importantly, G09c performs much better on a fast carbon blade. In my opinion, it doesnt work as well on alc blades and outer blades. To me it works best on inner black carbon blades or inner zlc blades like Harimoto SZLC. The point is the blade needs to be fast enough to counter G09c's innate slowness and also soft enough to take advantage of G09c's control. I had it on the Sanwei CC, and it worked wonders. I think on HL5 it would be too slow.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ok, I have not had the time to read all the posts. Please see the photos below.

Blade is the same: Tibhar Stratus Power Wood (I told everyone, yes, I have 8 of them). Tested rubber:
Sanwei Target National (Black, not boosted)
Sanwei Target National (Red, boosted)
Rakza 7 red
Loki RXTON 1 black
Loki RXTON 3 Pink
Loki RXTON 3 Blue
Loki RXTON 5 black
Big Dipper black 40 degree (boosted)
Stiga Genesis (first generation black)
Fastarc G-1 red (really really old sheet)

I tested it mostly on my forehand side. Sorry, I cannot do a blind test like TT11 does. I don't have the time or energy. Plus, RXTON 3, I bought pink and blue for a reason. They look pretty! I bought them not intending to do a serious testing but since people asked, I provide the answer.

I like Sanwei Target National black unboosted the most. The loop is what I am familiar with (I use H3 neo boosted on my FH side). The loop is deep and spinning. Like I said before STN, right out of the package, without boosting, is like H3 neo boosted and not super tacky (you know, in the beginning H3 neo has super super sticky top sheet that makes the rubber sooooo slow; STN came out of the package sticky but the extra tackiness falls off right away so I like that about STN).

Second, I like Rakza 7. The loop is deep and cleared the net easily. The loop is a typical catapulty ESN rubber loop. Feels good and solid

Then Loki RXTON 3 Pink, Loki RXTON 3 Blue, Loki RXTON 5 black and Big Dipper black 40 degree (boosted) all feel about the same. Maybe RXTON 3 is slightly less bouncy than RXTON 5. When I do my forehand loop with all four rubbers, I just feel that I am barely crossing the ball over the net and my arc (and the amount of top spin I can generate) is not as good as I can execute the same shot with STN and with H3 neo boosted.

RXTON 1 black clearly softer sponge by far. But good beginner rubber. My backhand on RXTON 1 always goes into the net because I am used to using ESN rubber on my backhand side (EL-S, Rakza 7 soft, MX-S, T05 fx, etc. etc.)

STN red, boosted, posed a weird dilemma for me. It feels fine. The surface is tacky. But the sponge, after being boosted, feel a bit more solid, like a brick. I mean the booster is supposed to soften the sponge but in STN, it did the opposite. I preferred my STN black not boosted quite a bit, over STN red boosted.

Stiga genesis black first generation. Did not make much impression on me. Good arc. Nothing good, nothing bad. Not as catapulty as Rakza 7. Stiga genesis sasys it is made in china on the sponge! I think DHS makes that rubbre for Stiga.

Finally Fastarc G-1 red that is like 2 year old, I hated looping forehand with it. It gives a kind of hallow sound. I love it on the backhand. When I flipped it over and do the forehand shot, I hated it.

All my H3 neo has been pealed off and reattached to other inner carbon blades and 7-ply all wood blade so unfortunately, I cannot make a direct comparison.

I like RXTON series, especially 1. What I mean is, they are done well, not too tacky and good bounce. they can do well in internatonal markets! I think it is hard to sell Canadian and American customers on DHS or Friendship 729 products where the top sheet accumulates dusts like crazy and if you don't care for the rubber, the tackiness can go down very quickly. RXTON 1 is a perfect beginner's rubber but yet not too slow (When I ran university table tennis club, I used to buy premade Butterfly and Nimatsu Spinfighter blades from Paddle Palace; and those are real crap ). yeah two sheets of RXTON 1 slapped onto a cheap decent wooden bade from Loki will beat many of the premade recreational blades.

Test 1.jpeg
Test 2.jpeg
Test 3.jpeg
Test 4.jpeg
Test 5.jpeg

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Have you tried Loki Rxton 3 Blue/Pink? It has that same snap, crackle, and pop that you describe compared to the other Chinese rubbers I've played with (I've tried Rxton 1, Rxton 5, Jupiter 3, and Battle 2 Pro so far).
Nope, I draw the line on Blue/Pink :>, but seriously I was only looking for a faster alternative to H3N for the FH and was not really interested in Loki's other offerings after the initial research. I'm happy with non-tacky ESN or Hammond Z2 for my BH.