Fake table tennis rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Fake table tennis rubbers:

The situation of fake rubbers is defiantly getting out of hand.

Fake rubbers that has been identified around the world includes, but not limited to:
Butterfly Tenergy, Spinart, Bryce,
Donic Desto,
Nittaku Hammond,
Yasaka Mark V (AD, V, V M2,), Xtend, Xtend HS, Rakza, Pryde
DHS TG3, H3, TA3

Some fakes are easy to identify, but some fakes require experts (that work at the factories) to identify the differences.

Consumers get tricked into purchasing these fake product by really attractive pricing. So if the price is too good to be true, then maybe it is. So the best thing to do is to purchase from a reputabable reseller, especially that is also authorised by the brands themselves. This way, you have something like an insurance policy in place.

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
good to always know these kind of issues especially to enthusiasts of the game...if there could be a standard listing of the original stuff of every brand together with their price lists (or at least estimates or price ranges), then we would know which stuff is too good to be true...

sometimes if we visit manufacturers' websites, product prices are not available...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Some times price is not the only give away that it is fakes.
Ie some reseller can sell fakes at the normal retail pricing.

I think the best thing is to make sure you buy from a reputable source that is also the official distributor/dealer.
You can go to the manufacture website to get this information, or simple contact/email them to request the official distributor/dealers details.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
Well, I haven't seen a Tenergy 05 from reputable stores, or Butterfly Japan and Germany with foils on it.... :)
PS I used to buy direct from Butterfly Germany

Yeah and this looks too cheap to me, but I wonder if anyone has some experience with this store

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah and this looks too cheap to me, but I wonder if anyone has some experience with this store

The site is like ebay
selling is a user called eleven990
judging from other items in his store and the way things are named, I find this store to be extremely dodgy and chances of legaltimate stock to be really low.

Reactions: MDanielCRO
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
I wanted to try Bluefire from ttnpp since they have it at almost half price compared to everyone else, but it seemed too risky to me :( Same with some other rubbers like Rasant etc.

Feb 2013
I wanted to try Bluefire from ttnpp since they have it at almost half price compared to everyone else, but it seemed too risky to me :( Same with some other rubbers like Rasant etc.

I bought a lot of things from ttnpp and didn't have any trouble with them, but maybe it's a trick, when you check shipping it can be the other half of price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I bought a lot of things from ttnpp and didn't have any trouble with them, but maybe it's a trick, when you check shipping it can be the other half of price

They have free shipping for their standard bluefire so better not mix it with other stuff that may trigger shipping. I see bluefire price is pretty low in China comparing to other modern rubbers of the same level. They can't be all fake. I wonder why.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
its best to buy your european/japanese rubbers from european countries and japan.doing this reduces the chance of you buying a fake as these rubbers are made in these countries.

Its not about which country you buy from, but rather the reputable store or non reputable store in any countries.
IE, you can also get dodgy sellers in Europe and really reputable stores in China.

Lots of people end up buying fakes, because they are buying from ebay like sites. Most of the time they want to save some money, but end up wasting more money. So I would say, rather purchase from reputable stores, and even better if those stores are the authorised distributors as that is like an extra insurance policy. You shold be able to get a list of authorised distributors from the different table tennis companies website.