Fan Zhendong ALC Blade Review | With João Geraldo

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys! In this video we’re joined with the European Team Champion and World Number 40 Joao Geraldo who loves to test equipment!

So the World Number 1 and 2022 World Champion Fan Zhendong has his own signature ALC blade out now with Butterfly. We tested the blade to see how it stacks up to other blades we have tested including the Viscaria which this blade is based on. I used Tenergy 05 on my forehand and Dignics 05 on my backhand, Joao used the Dignics 05 on both his forehand and and backhand.

Enjoy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Nice review! Especially with Geraldo since he knows a lot about equipment.
I with you could sometimes be a bit more technical when reviewing. The Viscaria, Boll ALC and FZD have different wings and the handles are also different for example.

Additionally the characteristics of a blade are not only influenced by the layers but also the wood glue, the way it is glued (carbonado 90 vs 45 degrees for example), balance, wood treatment (hardened for example) etc.

Personally I feel that the TB ALC is the hardest of those while the FZD is on the softer side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
For a long time, the Butterfly went after Fan Zhendong that he needed a blade with his name, but Fan did not agree for a long time, he was so used to Viscaria. In the end, he agreed to replace the handles :D
PS Only it seemed to me that Joao Fang Zhendong's blade plays better than his main one?

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Is FZD ALC is softer than Lin Gaoyuan ALC ? Some people mentioning that FZD has more control and dwell time compared Viscaria even better than LGY alc
I don’t think that it softer then LGY alc, or super much softer than Viscaria. They are all almost the same alc blades. If you like Viscaria and new age design, you will like them all

Reactions: Okay Angi