Fan ZHENGDONG vs Fang BO Sweden final and winning the important points

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Recently as Im sure most of you know the Sweden pro tour final was played between Zhengdong and Bo. It was a great match. But I found one interesting fact when I looked at the score and did some quick math. The score is below:

14-12, 18-16, 6-11, 5-11, 11-8, 11-5

What's interesting is that although Fan ZHENGDONG won 4-2 he in fact only won 2 more points in the match than his team mate Fang BO.

Often there are matches where players win matches but in fact have not won as many points as their opponent. Im sure most players have experienced this...I certainly have.

I thought I would highlight this point to all the tt players out there as it just goes to show the importance of winning the big points in tight situations. Obviously that's easier said than done but in tights games and nervous situations its the players that keep their head and keeps their confidence high and commit and execute their game plan that are most likely to succeed and win the big important points.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
The same thing happens between Zhang Jike and Ma Long in the final of 2014 World Cup. ZJK won just 1 more point in that match. When they were leveled 10-10 in the 7th set ZJK played a very risky backhand banana wide to ML's forehand and won that point which led him to win the match. He was surely very confidence to play such a shot at that point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
The same thing happens between Zhang Jike and Ma Long in the final of 2014 World Cup. ZJK won just 1 more point in that match. When they were leveled 10-10 in the 7th set ZJK played a very risky backhand banana wide to ML's forehand and won that point which led him to win the match. He was surely very confidence to play such a shot at that point.

Thats what gives him an edge in a game.he is prepared to risk.