Finding the perfect rubber for your game

the app developer is a closet BTY fan-boi!
I think it’s just a limited number of rubbers in the data base as well as limited general knowledge. But it’s just a start. It could work (but the amount of data needed is quite huge.)

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
I think it’s just a limited number of rubbers in the data base as well as limited general knowledge. But it’s just a start. It could work (but the amount of data needed is quite huge.)

Cheers
L-zr
Either this (the data) or an AI that helps collecting and evaluating data.
Either way if you go the propper route trying to pick table tennis equipment that fits you and not adjust to your equipment, then this is and will be the harder way to pick the equipment.
Doing the last option myself for quite some time i know it is really frustrating, because there are simply too many rubbers and blade setups you could chose from.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Thank you very much. I was super pleased by all of your feedback.

I adjusted some questions and enabled multiple answers. On top of that i did some improvements on the mathematical side.

On www.blade-rubber.com you can see the results and find the best rubber for your individual style of playing table tennis.

I am happy about every kind of feedback. Especially about ratings of the recommendations on the website itself. Only this way we can keep improving the results. You can run the test multiple times and see the results adjusting to your ratings. Everyone can participate to create the best tool possible.

Reactions: Trevize84
This user has no status.
It suggested my current FH rubber, one rubber I don't know and the one I'd like to try the most. Definitely a better result than before. BTW you cannot mandate to rate all rubbers because people might know nothing about one of the recommended rubbers, so their rating would be potentially misleading.

Last edited: