Fixed draw in AsiaChamps

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Pasted Graphic.tiff

I just wanted to give this some prominence.
It seems shocking that the sports governing bodies (ITTF, WTT, China, or Korea ?) should have allowed this travesty to happen.
To say that China's previous non participation is the cause seems disingenuous to say the least.

Last edited:

RGo

This user has no status.

RGo

This user has no status.
May 2023
If a tournament says that seeding is done via the past year's performance and a team didn't participate the year before then I'd say it's not disingenuous but actually quite the opposite, it's entirely correct that the tournament should be held according to its statutes.

If the governing body starts to tinker with the rules of a tournament just because they don't like the outcome of the seeding just before a tournament, then I'd say that's corrupt. Now, the governing could decide that they want to avoid this situation in the future and instead go with seeding based on international ranking, then that's fine. But that change has to go through the proper processes to put that change into place first, well before seeding has been determined.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The seeding is based on previous years participation.
So since Japan won it (and Korea on the mens side), they got the 1st seed
Do you suggest that Japan/Korea should be moved to second seeds and gift the first seeds to China?