Fixing Arylate Carbon Blade

says I am Newbie in this forum...please take care of me...tq
says I am Newbie in this forum...please take care of me...tq
Mar 2012
Read 1 reviews
Hi, i have Michael Maze arylate carbon blade. Look at this blade, anyone know how to fix this little defect?

c16cf102aed24827572bb681fda676af.jpg

b4a77a2b23d7e8fcd33495d0e07fc69a.jpg

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey Firdaus, you keep this up and your blades will approach my battle damage !!! However, I tend to crack my blades at the neck which are a real pain in the neck.

Your blades looks pretty easy to fix up.

1) Get a resin wood filler, a plastic straight edge, some rags, sandpaper of medium, and fine courseness and something clean to mix it on like a manila folder. Oh, and get a little stick or something to stir the resin mix. You also need blade sealer.

2) Spread a news paper over your work area set blade and materials handy, and go to work.

3) Mix the wood filler together and promptly fill in the spaces that are empty. You will need to have a good touch with the straight edge plastic (like the ones used for plaster walls and drywall walls repair filling). The resin gets hard kinda quick, so you can't take all day to get the stuff right. Mix your resin, spread it in, use the plastic piece to make it even. Wipe the plastic piece clean with a rag after each try.

4) Let the stuff set and cure, your filler package will say how long.

5) After setting and curing, sand it in stages medium, and fine. Use light touch. You go heavy duty and you will regret it.

6) Clean the blade completely to remove all trace of dust.

7) Seal the blade (and the edge you also repaired. If you were too heavy with the sealing, the rubbers will have a hard time adhering to the blade. You might also need to sand with a light tough the sealing job you did. (if you over-did it)

8) Slap on rubbers and go to war.

Here is a link for some furniture, but the concept is the same.

http://www.ronhazelton.com/projects/how_to_repair_broken_corners_on_furniture

Last edited: