Friendship 729 battle 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Hey guys,

the new battle 3 was teased for multiple years. Now it seems like it was officially launched because you can buy it on AliExpress.
I'm a huge fan of the battle 2 prov blue sponge so I want to know if anyone played with the B3. I would love to receive some more information about that rubber.
There seems to be a new type of sponge which I'm really interested in.
Thanks in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Battle 3 will come with a new pre-treated sponge, and 729 has it in production as of now, so hopefully it will be available in April, May somewhere. And the earlier released version has a non pre-treated sponge. But I haven't played it yet :)

Oh ok interesting, ty. Where did u get that information?

This user has no status.
Watched a review from a russian youtube today and he concluded that this is very close to hurricane 3 national on blue sponge. It is very hard to play with unless you have amazing footwork and technique, but when you commit to your shots then you get absolutely vicious spin and penetrating power. So he said unless you are a professional or very advanced player with Chinese looping techinque this won't suit your play.

Reactions: Fnub and HorstFilet
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Watched a review from a russian youtube today and he concluded that this is very close to hurricane 3 national on blue sponge. It is very hard to play with unless you have amazing footwork and technique, but when you commit to your shots then you get absolutely vicious spin and penetrating power. So he said unless you are a professional or very advanced player with Chinese looping techinque this won't suit your play.
Booster may solve this ;)

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hey guys,

the new battle 3 was teased for multiple years. Now it seems like it was officially launched because you can buy it on AliExpress.
I'm a huge fan of the battle 2 prov blue sponge so I want to know if anyone played with the B3. I would love to receive some more information about that rubber.
There seems to be a new type of sponge which I'm really interested in.
Thanks in advance
I made a switch from B2 NT Blue to B3 and decided to drop it after 1 week and won't come back, it is softer, easier to play but lost the grip, the linear of the B2. It looks nicer btw.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Hi all, I am waiting for your personal experience with Battle 3 rubber. Please share the sweets & the bitters too 😀
I am new member of TTdaily, I am mostly penholder with RPB, my current setup is Yinhe Pro 12S (CS) - Inner ALC on FH covered w/ Sanwei New TN , Outer KLC on BH side w/ Palio AK47 blue sp. Currently looking for other rubbers setup, especially AK47Blue currently feel punchy but hard to loop kill/ looping underspin.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Hi all, I am waiting for your personal experience with Battle 3 rubber. Please share the sweets & the bitters too 😀
I am new member of TTdaily, I am mostly penholder with RPB, my current setup is Yinhe Pro 12S (CS) - Inner ALC on FH covered w/ Sanwei New TN , Outer KLC on BH side w/ Palio AK47 blue sp. Currently looking for other rubbers setup, especially AK47Blue currently feel punchy but hard to loop kill/ looping underspin.
I am currently using Presto MAX Spin on BH (also RPB), its spin level is very close to Baracuda that I used previously (at least I am not good enough to tell the difference). But it's double the price of AK47 and it rarely comes in red on Aliexpress.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Compared to the Battle II series it's softer, and the top sheet feels a bit more elastic. Battle III works better for players not relying too much on the brush loop kick feature. It's an easier rubber to use than B2. Good grip, tackiness and quite fast as well. The control features are better than with a stiffer B2 rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Just wait a bit... will be comparing to my main setup (YEO, Nittaku H3N 39, H3 37, both boosted) and fun 1) setup (729 Blue Arylate, H3 39 provincial, H3 37, also both boosted) during the next few weeks.
The B3 is a 38° one that's not really softer than my boosted H3 39 so I will try it unboosted or with just one thin booster layer first.
Weight: 64g uncut with protective foil, 16.4 cm x 16.4 cm
And for all H3 lovers: The fresh B3 stinks/smells like the good, old, shiny H3s I've got in 2019
b3_blue_arylate.jpg

1) currently my fun setup for summer but the already broken-in 729 Blue Arylate is not that much faster then my 93 g YEO so I might decide to use this as my main setup for the next season

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Compared to the Battle II series it's softer, and the top sheet feels a bit more elastic. Battle III works better for players not relying too much on the brush loop kick feature. It's an easier rubber to use than B2. Good grip, tackiness and quite fast as well. The control features are better than with a stiffer B2 rubber.
Sounds like it could be a worthwhile option for BH then since it’s also available in 38 degrees especially if boosted.

Anyone tried on BH yet and can share their impressions?

Reactions: rbtitco
Jan 2023
Doesn't sound like B3's higher price is justified, B2 38 deg or Battle MAX seem to fit the same purposes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Doesn't sound like B3's higher price is justified, B2 38 deg or Battle MAX seem to fit the same purposes.
Yeah. It's quite expensive, but its quite different from B2 and Battle Max, and many players might find it good for their kind of play. But the Battle 2 or Battle Max fits my forehand better.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Don't know what else to say but this describes the B3 perfectly well.

Weight: 46 g cut, sponge feels harder than 38°. Maybe I got an older one without factory boosting
Topsheet is more elastic than H3 or B2. B2 < H3 < B3 < Glayzer/Dignics 09C < Victas Triple Extra.
Easier to use than B2 but might still have lower throw than H3.
Speed: B3 > H3, spin: very high. Brush loops with thin contact are doable but harder to do than with a H3 but at least they were doable in these playing conditions 1) Need to wait for better playing conditions to give a final conclusion.
Still feels like a hard, tacky, Chinese rubber but more modern. Not more hybrid like than a Dragon-F somewhere in between.
Really nice, high quality rubber. If it gets some factory/non-factory boosting it could also be a really good BH rubber.

1) many gyms over here are closed for school summer holidays and some of the open gyms are quite overcrowded which doesn't help to keep temperatures or humidity comfortable...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Battle 3... I got my sheet in 2023 June?? I glued it on the W968 FH side and 3 things come to my mind: Slow, didn't like, glue didn't attach to the sponge. For me slow and didn't like is kinda the same thing, I hate slow rubbers, but in hindsight that I could remove it form my blade like I remove toilet paper from a roll was super disappointing. I probably was using Revolution 3 glue at the time, it doesn't work so well with the Battle 3 sponge, at least for the first gluing. Maybe for 2nd time, it's ok. So I guess I suggest if you put on some glue layers and they come off with zero effort then take the glue layers off and reglue again. The sponge has something on it that the first glue layer will (probably) remove.

So for me B3 was slow as heck with W968, I felt nothing just utter disappointment and darkness. I can't remember any redeeming quality. Maybe it was pretty light but I would just call that OK and it was sticky enough, which I was expecting and not a redeeming feature. Honestly, I felt like 729 should just make more B2 Gold or the orange sponge rubbers instead.

So I was like maybe I will boost it. This was around 2023 September after I got the Rxton 9 blue sponge, which I hated even more. So I applied 2 thin layers of Winion booster which is pretty much like a thin Seamoon. And then I let it sit until now. It is April 2024, so 6 months later? I never actually tried the rubber with the fresh booster on it. But now I was like what the heck I glued it on my Zhou Qihao SALC 90 blade. The rubber was totally flat, so not sure how much the 6 months old booster was in the sponge, I wager not much at all. I used Sueke No 2 glue 2 layer on the sponge and 2 layer on the blade. On the Joola ZQ SALC 90 the previously slow B3 (now "boosted") feels bouncy as FRACK. It is too bloody bouncy. I had warm up issues as it was so bouncy, and when I was doing some hard drives (topspin-drives) I felt something similar as with my 2021 H3N BS National rubber. My drives were going half a meter long. I am now used to Mantra Pro XH and much bouncier rubbers but still the B3 with 6 months old boost is fast as bloody hell.

What else? The topsheet grip is amazing, the tack disappeared over the 6-9 months, now it feels semi tacky, it can pick up the ball like a Dignics 09c, but the topsheet is grippy as hell. It has this sandpaper like quality like you can feel it's not smooth, it's dry and coarse but it grips the ball better than anything, and the topsheet is really strong and elastic.

I have the 40 degrees version in black "boosted" and on FH I love it. So I immediately scrambled to @harty shop since he has a discount for 23EUR for B3 black and bought it. And since he has not got any red at 38 degrees I went to Aliexpress and ordered a sheet of 38 degrees for BH since I tried the 40 deg black "boosted" on BH and it feels fracking amazing too. Like H3N national red is nowhere...
I read @longle is now on H3N 38 red on BH... but try the B3 I know you have B3, stick it on BH, maybe boost it even.
And B3 is light too, on a normal blade 46-7g... that is amazing.

First it might be slow, I read that it needs a few hours to break in. I know this is the case with many Chinese rubbers, I just recently experienced it within the same session so if someone gets 2 sheets of B3 just dedicate a session if not 2 for breaking in the rubbers, and on both sides. I see Chinese players breaking in their red Chinese rubbers too on FH so it's a thing. Still not enough? Boost it and I wonder if B3 just keeps a permanent boost?

The topsheet quality of B3 is really amazing. So strong, elastic without it being hard or empty as B2 on small impact. I had many B2 rubbers, never ever had a bubble on them. B2 golden I used for the longest I think, the topsheet lasts forever, usually the sponge dies, but I if the sponge can last I can see these rubbers lasting for a year maybe even more at least on BH. These are cheap rubbers, so if they last for 3-4 months on FH with super heavy hitting (even boosted) that is fantastic value for money. ESN has nothing that could compare in topsheet strength, from DHS you need to buy the national or even above quality and need to boost those perfectly.
You can get Dingtian Young Shine blue sponge and if you boost it perfectly it will be fast AF but not so spinny.
B3 so far for me has 6 month boost at least... maybe 12 months??? How can you top that?

Apart form @longle bro I know @latej bro is like B3 not so much for him... hmmmmm OK but maybe reconsider.
I know I rec good stuff easily but @Attitude B3 I think is stronger than STN if you wanna invest for the summer.
And @ttarc did you try on BH? Do you think the topsheet is fantastic for BH or am I just mad? 40deg black boosted on BH feels great, and I don't like too hard on BH sooooo?

Comment here or on my blog. Maybe more on my blog :3

Reactions: Attitude