FS Hurricane HAO III, Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
Hurricane HAO III (SOLD)
  • good as new; used only for a few hours
  • 60 euro + shipping(shipped from Belgium, price depends on the address)
  • delivered with everything you see on the pictures; original box, red card with detailed info,...

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5

• good as new, played for only a few games
  • 35 euro + shipping(shipped from Belgium, price depends on the address)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I accept Paypall or bank transfer. Send me a private message for more info.

Attachments

• Hurricane Hao III  2.jpg
    Hurricane Hao III 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 570
  • Hurricane Hao III  3.jpg
    Hurricane Hao III 3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 368
  • Hurricane Hao III 1.jpg
    Hurricane Hao III 1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 376
  • Hurricane Hao III 4.jpg
    Hurricane Hao III 4.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Hurricane Hao III 5.jpg
    Hurricane Hao III 5.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 362
  • Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 1.jpg
    Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 372
  • Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 2.jpg
    Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 354
  • Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 3.jpg
    Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
If it were not for the fact I've already spent a bit too much on equipment lately and don't have a steady Job, and using penhold I would have bought the hurricane Hao Iii. Of all the blades I've tried I would call it the Holly Grail for me. With the feel, sound and accuracy it has with that just perfect speed. This is indeed a very good offer. More or less half price for only a few hours use.
I'm pretty sure you'l get it sold by latest a week!
But I must ask, What blade did you pick to use instead of this one, and why?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Exactly, I was looking for best blade for me, so I bought mizutani, innerforce zlc and now liu shiwen. Still not happy about dwell time, maybe I glued rubbers badly or smth. I would definitely buy Your HH 3 if not for those 3 blades I have tried recently xD.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Exactly, I was looking for best blade for me, so I bought mizutani, innerforce zlc and now liu shiwen. Still not happy about dwell time, maybe I glued rubbers badly or smth. I would definitely buy Your HH 3 if not for those 3 blades I have tried recently xD.

If you want better dwell time and good feel I'd imagine you would not want a carbon blade though?
It depends what you put in the term when you say you want Dwell time... a lot of factors should be considered.
Because the more dwell time, the more it goes on cost of some other factor (speed?). Despite the Liu Shiwenn being a ZL fiber (which is not far from being Carbon: " ZL fiber is harder, more flexible, and lighter in weight than carbon fiber." )
7 ply blade, it is still said to have great dwell time (because of the other plies/composition in the blade "limba - limba - zlf - ayous - zlf - limba - limba"), a few review quotes: (you might have read them?)
"The blade is very linear in terms of speed, with high dwelltime gives inormous control. "
" Also great for looping close to the table because the dwell time and woody feeling,"
"The amount of spin one can generate with this blade (due to its insane dwell) is much higher than with the Viscaria and the TB-ALC. "
So I kind of don't get that... maybe it's more the feel you're not happy with?
As long as the rubber is stuck to the blade, and you did not stretch it when gluing (like squeezing it too hard with a roller while putting it on... did that once myself, gave a horrible feel) a bit uneven glue should still not change the dwell time.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
ZL fiber is harder, more flexible, and lighter in weight than carbon fiber." )
7 ply blade, it is still said to have great dwell time (because of the other plies/composition in the blade "limba - limba - zlf - ayous - zlf - limba - limba")

Zylon is a semisoft material that is sort of like plastic. It makes the blade faster but because of the softness of the material, most blades with Zylon and no carbon have a lot of dwell time. Like a Timo Boll ZLF has pretty darn good dwell time for how fast the blade is; and this is in spite of the hardness of the outer ply (Koto).

Innerforce ZLF and the Liu Shiwen blades have more dwell time than the TB ZLF because Limba is softer than Koto and there are two Limba plies before the Zylon. But Zylon without Carbon gives a blade pretty good dwell time. Zylon with Carbon makes a blade really fast and still gives it decent dwell time.

Also, unlike Carbon, with Zylon alone you retain much more of the wood feeling from the blade.

Zylon is also similar in some ways to Kevlar and at one point was used in making bullet proof vests, but then they found out that the strength of the material degrades over time and then the vests stop being bullet proof. So they stopped making body armor with Zylon.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
If it were not for the fact I've already spent a bit too much on equipment lately and don't have a steady Job, and using penhold I would have bought the hurricane Hao Iii. Of all the blades I've tried I would call it the Holly Grail for me. With the feel, sound and accuracy it has with that just perfect speed. This is indeed a very good offer. More or less half price for only a few hours use.
I'm pretty sure you'l get it sold by latest a week!
But I must ask, What blade did you pick to use instead of this one, and why?

I play with hurricane III provincial blue sponge unboosted on my forehand and the combination with the Hurricane hao III felt too slow, too hard. I normally play with TSP Balsa 6.5. The Balsa Carbo X5 came close to being ok, but it's not heavy enough for me. It has been like this since years; I am so used to the TSP Balsa 6.5 I can't seem to find another blade that doesn't feel awkward to me. Still, they are very good blades, they are as good as new and my prices are low.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Zylon is a semisoft material that is sort of like plastic. It makes the blade faster but because of the softness of the material, most blades with Zylon and no carbon have a lot of dwell time. Like a Timo Boll ZLF has pretty darn good dwell time for how fast the blade is; and this is in spite of the hardness of the outer ply (Koto).

Innerforce ZLF and the Liu Shiwen blades have more dwell time than the TB ZLF because Limba is softer than Koto and there are two Limba plies before the Zylon. But Zylon without Carbon gives a blade pretty good dwell time. Zylon with Carbon makes a blade really fast and still gives it decent dwell time.

Also, unlike Carbon, with Zylon alone you retain much more of the wood feeling from the blade.

Zylon is also similar in some ways to Kevlar and at one point was used in making bullet proof vests, but then they found out that the strength of the material degrades over time and then the vests stop being bullet proof. So they stopped making body armor with Zylon.

I see, I did know the Limba vs Koto facts, though not the " unlike Carbon, with Zylon alone you retain much more of the wood feeling from the blade." so pretty interesting, but then the more, I'm wondering why he could not get enough dwell time in that blade... because it seems like plenty.

I play with hurricane III provincial blue sponge unboosted on my forehand and the combination with the Hurricane hao III felt too slow, too hard. I normally play with TSP Balsa 6.5. The Balsa Carbo X5 came close to being ok, but it's not heavy enough for me. It has been like this since years; I am so used to the TSP Balsa 6.5 I can't seem to find another blade that doesn't feel awkward to me. Still, they are very good blades, they are as good as new and my prices are low.

Ah I see, I have yet to test it with a Chinese tacky rubber hehe, For me the speed was perfect considering the amount of control it had.
The hardness does indeed feel a bit different and that TSP Balsa 6.5 is of the more dwelly soft type, so compared to softer blades, it might indeed feel a bit weird or different. I'd like to call it special though.
When I play with softer wood blades with more dwell, I feel the ball sink into the wood a few milli seconds extra, and has a very comfortable feel. But when I play with HH3, it has a very different, yet very precise and magical response.
On my HH3, it has a very light vibration (a good feeling vibration) on impact, despite being a bit hard, it was not rock uncomfortable hard, but just hard enough to have a very unique but direct feel and yet better dwell and feel than you would think for such a hard blade.
Considering you played with Balsa 6.5, which has a softer feel than HH3, I can see why you would not pick it.
As you'd have to get used to a completely new feel in the blade. Balsa blades are also very lightweighted..
Though, If you Prefer the TSP Balsa 6.5, why not get the same, or from the same series?
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/catalogsearch/result/?q=Balsa

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
Every time I try another blade, I hope it plays better than the TSP Balsa , but sadly no such luck yet.

My next guess would be a Butterfly Innerfore Layer ZLC, but the money is holding me back to give it a try. It's anoying you cannot try blades before you buy, unless you are so lucky you know someone who plays it and even then you can't test it with the rubbers you want.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
The funny thing is I had better control with donic waldner legend carbo than with liu shiwen now. I will probably give it to some more experienced player to glue. I have played with his innerforze zlc tenergy 05 both sides and the dwell time and control were good enough so I was very supprised when I couldn't get that feeling from liu shiwen

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The funny thing is I had better control with donic waldner legend carbo than with liu shiwen now. I will probably give it to some more experienced player to glue. I have played with his innerforze zlc tenergy 05 both sides and the dwell time and control were good enough so I was very supprised when I couldn't get that feeling from liu shiwen

That sucks that the Liu Shiwen didn't work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk