FS: Xiom Power Hinoki Jpen + Rakza 7

says Stuff for sale
Xiom Power Hinoki japanese penhold blade with Yasaka Rakza Red rubber 2mm

Price: £62 + shipping (£5.00 for UK shipping, 1st class)

(Message me for outside UK if you want shipping price)

Bat was purchased from new from tabletennis11 to play for fun and has been used approx. 10 times for approx. 1 hour a time.
It has not had any other owners and was purchased in around April 2023.
Rubber has a small chip at bottom as photographed.
For the last three months it has just sat in a bat case without use.
The blade has been sanded around the right side of the handle for grip comfort and at the back for the same purpose (see photos)
This is a lovely 1-ply hinoki blade which has a terrific feel and very fast speed.
Includes original box (box not in mint condition as photographed)
Any questions, pls ask away.
Paid over £120 for it

IMG_20230923_121314_326.jpg
IMG_20230923_121257_546.jpg
IMG_20230923_121340_351.jpg
IMG_20230923_121441_369.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Sorry for opinion, but this is ugly....
Lol, you must have not played with penhold before.

I grew up playing Jpen and you HAVE to sand the edges down. There is no other way. Your index finger would hurt a lot if you don't sand the blade down. But that also makes each blade very custom to each individual.

In general, it is just harder to sell Jpen and Cpen blades.

To me, the blade looks fine. But the way it is sanded down makes it individualized and therefore harder to sell. But that's just the way Jpen is.

I am now playing with shakehand.

Reactions: Womble1066
says Stuff for sale
Lol, you must have not played with penhold before.

I grew up playing Jpen and you HAVE to sand the edges down. There is no other way. Your index finger would hurt a lot if you don't sand the blade down. But that also makes each blade very custom to each individual.

In general, it is just harder to sell Jpen and Cpen blades.

To me, the blade looks fine. But the way it is sanded down makes it individualized and therefore harder to sell. But that's just the way Jpen is.

I am now playing with shakehand.
Thanks for the comment. Yes, that is very true. Simply unplayable without sanding and sanded for my comfort.

Jpen blades are still popular in Japan and Korea but I have never seen any players in the UK using Jpen so people are generally confused by the look.

I am playing shakehand currently but will try a reverse Jpen blade at some point (like what dang qiu used to use).

Sadly, I got a bad finger burn when playing the traditional bh so had to sand the backside more to accommodate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thanks for the comment. Yes, that is very true. Simply unplayable without sanding and sanded for my comfort.

Jpen blades are still popular in Japan and Korea but I have never seen any players in the UK using Jpen so people are generally confused by the look.

I am playing shakehand currently but will try a reverse Jpen blade at some point (like what dang qiu used to use).

Sadly, I got a bad finger burn when playing the traditional bh so had to sand the backside more to accommodate.
If you are asking for 62 quids for it and you can afford it, then you should consider keeping it for your own enjoyment. I can see if money is tight and you want to sell it and buy something else to bring you more joy, then by all means sell it. However, if you think you will enjoy it, then keep it.

I have like 3 Jpen paddles, 5 Cpen paddles and numerous shakehand paddles now. I like my penhold paddles. I have not fooled around with penhold for a while because my partners in doubles at the club have been serious about winnig each match at the club so I cannot fool around right now.