Glue usage reduction 😁

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
Just use VOC glue if you're not playing official tournaments. Far cheaper per ml, less sponge wastage, dry more quickly and better adhesion.
You're my man!
This is VOC glue, normally used for photo glueing. So it must be very gentle for photos and photos have to come loose easily. Nice characteristics for glueing rubber.
I apply it with a brush.. it dries very thin in a few minutes. It loosens perfectly when removing the rubber. There is no risk of damaging the blade, the wood or the rubber. The rubber sits perfectly during playing and loosens very easily.
I was tired of waiting for the white glue layers to dry. It is difficult to get the rubber loose, and then trouble to remove the glue from the blade and or rubber.

Reactions: SFF_lib
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
You're my man!
This is VOC glue, normally used for photo glueing. So it must be very gentle for photos and photos have to come loose easily. Nice characteristics for glueing rubber.
I apply it with a brush.. it dries very thin in a few minutes. It loosens perfectly when removing the rubber. There is no risk of damaging the blade, the wood or the rubber. The rubber sits perfectly during playing and loosens very easily.
I was tired of waiting for the white glue layers to dry. It is difficult to get the rubber loose, and then trouble to remove the glue from the blade and or rubber.
i bought a bottle of the voc glue, for when i am in a rush 😁
problem i have with it is that it comes out all lumpy and is difficult to spread.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
use your finger after you've applied it and there are still lumps ;-)
no chance doing that, it starts to go off in seconds.

1706572883579.jpeg

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
А great selection of organic solvents sold now on market, varying by odour and dissolving effect. You need consulting a chemist.

• Haha
Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
So i don't know much about this (in terms of non-water based glues)

- is VOC glue the same as speed glue? or just a solvent based glue so isnt just one use?
– If speed glue is used - does it stay attached to the blade after the 3/4 hrs, you just dont get the speed effect?

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
I don’t know much about speed glue either. Never used it. I was looking for an alternative for the white rubber glue. It just sucks imho.
I tried to find a European alternative for Elmers glue. Probably Collall glue isn’t that alternative but it has all the nice characteristics you need from glue.
Dries quickly, one layer needed on each side, bonding is strong enough. Removing is a breeze. Glue residue is minimal you won’t even need to remove it from blade or rubber.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Doesn’t voc glues have that boosting effect ‘naturally’?
in the old days it used to do both, act as a booster and as a glue.
Now, you can get it separate, just voc- glue and just voc booster BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE, some manufacturers do sell products that still do both.
Are you confused ? Well, join the club :D:D

• Haha
Reactions: riemsesy