Good Blade for MX-P

This user has no status.
Hi so I'm planning on switching from Hurricane to MX-P because I want to spin more on my forehand loop and my coach thinks I should get a slightly less stiff and softer blade. Right now I am a power player but I am trying to transition my game to more spin. I am a junior player with pretty decent technique and I still want to have a lot of power with the new blade as well as spin. Any recommendations? I've been considering the Timo Boll alc, zlf and zlc as well as the innerforce zlc.

Note: Please don't make this thread a battle about how there's no "best blade" I just want to see if anyone has anyone has any reccomendations

NDH

says Spin to win!
HI Lermanator,

As you've mentioned a few Butterfly blades, I thought I'd point you to this site (which I love), but I'm not sure many people know it's there.

https://butterflyonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/BladeSpecifications.pdf

It's from Butterfly, and it ranks their blades on a chart (speed/feel which are called "reaction" and "vibration").

Ultimately, any of the blades you have said will be good, it would be ideal if you get a chance to have a knock with any ALC, ZLC or ZLF blades (even if they aren't the ones you are interested in).

I found I preferred the ZLC blades over the ALC, which is why I went for the Garaydia ZLC (moved from a T5000 blade).

Good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Nothing really wrong with the Clipper with H3, although I don't like the WRB effect. You may find that just adding some weight to the handle is beneficial. Try a temporary fix by sticking on a few grams. Don't change both blade and rubber at once.

NDH

says Spin to win!
To add to both comments.......

MX-S will be better for spin - I found MX-P had a slightly lower trajectory which suited more of a power player (something you say you are trying to move away from).

Also - I'd personally say H3 is great for spinny forehand loops - However, you need to get more of your body into the loop (Chinese style), whereas MX-S or Tenergy 05 allows for more spin with less body effort (European Style).