Good Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hey, I dont know a lot of things about blades woods etc. I was thinking of buying a TimoBollSpirit or a Stiga Rosewood.
I like looping with my backhand and using my forehand for midrange. Which do you think is better? I use chinese rubbers

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Both are great blades. A lot of pros use both blades. Look at Wang Liqin. He uses the Stiga Rosewood. I personally would go with the Rosewood because it is all wood. I like al wood blades better than carbon blades. You get more feeling and control from all wood. So I like that. The Rosewood is also a great blade for looping with a lot of dwell time. I like that also. Someone mentioned Ma Long. He used to use Timo Boll Spirit. Then he used Timo Boll ALC. Then, in August he switched to an all wood blade. Since he did that, he has not lost a match. :) But it all really comes down to personal preference. I would also say, the first pro ever to win a world championship with a carbon blade was Zhang Jike. All the rest were using wood when they won the worlds. That is also worth noting. That being said TBSpirit is one of the best carbon blades out there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Ma long's blade is a custom one, probably with some carbon piles in it. Some said that he used tbs with pg7 handle haha. Both tbs and rosewood are good blades. Since you play more of midrange, tbs will suit you btr. Wood blades are normally more for close to table play. Plus $180+ for an all wood blade is kinda ridiculous...

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Both are great blades. A lot of pros use both blades. Look at Wang Liqin. He uses the Stiga Rosewood. I personally would go with the Rosewood because it is all wood. I like al wood blades better than carbon blades. You get more feeling and control from all wood. So I like that. The Rosewood is also a great blade for looping with a lot of dwell time. I like that also. Someone mentioned Ma Long. He used to use Timo Boll Spirit. Then he used Timo Boll ALC. Then, in August he switched to an all wood blade. Since he did that, he has not lost a match. :) But it all really comes down to personal preference. I would also say, the first pro ever to win a world championship with a carbon blade was Zhang Jike. All the rest were using wood when they won the worlds. That is also worth noting. That being said TBSpirit is one of the best carbon blades out there.

Do you know what blade Werner Schlager used when he won the worlds in 2003? He is using a carbon blade after the speed glue ban, just like J-O Waldner.. But what kinda blade did he used before?

Really interesting that every world champion before ZJK used all wood blades :)