Good rubber for improving player

says Hi, This is my first post. I have observed TTD for...
says Hi, This is my first post. I have observed TTD for...
Sep 2017
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the DF ("Dynamic Friction") is the newer version which is supposed to have a grippier topsheet. To be honest, for a beginner player as you've described, I don't think it'll make much difference either way. If anything the regular Vega Euro might be a bit easier to play with if it's a bit less spin sensitive.

Yes you are probably right. Easy to get side tracked with all the possible options.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
A newish player at our club wants to change from a pre-made bat to something better. She plays 3 hours a week and has a fair idea of the strokes, but she has reached the limit with her current bat.

She doesn't want to spend much so i am giving a cheapish Yinhe W1 blade (reviewed some years ago by Der Echte as a controlled looping blade) with one sheet of a year old MPX. Normally MPX would be too fast for her but i guess an old rubber will be OK for a while. Then she needs one decent quality rubber but not top of the range. Can anyone compare Vega Europe with Rozena, they are about the same price Vega a bit cheaper in UK. The Vega comes in 1.8 or 2.0. Another possible is Nittaku Fastarc. Any other rubber suggestions of similar price?

Thanks

Hey Young,
Highly recommend something like Tibhar Evolution EL-P or MX-P (if she's fine with a slightly harder sponge), or DONIC Baracuda. You can also consider a Rozena if she is planning to transition to another more advanced Butterfly rubber (eg. Tenergy/ Dignics), because the Rozena is only lacking a bit of speed and spin compared to other butterfly rubbers, but the price difference is fascinating, wonder how Butterfly make profit??? In Hong Kong, most beginners and intermediate players I know use those 3 rubbers either on the FH, BH, or they have it both sides, including me 4 years ago.

Glad I could share my views!