Hammond Z2 compared to Fastarc G1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016

Wich is the blade that are you using?

HI, I had a blade made for me by SDC Blades. (very well made and a joy to play with by the way).

It is a 5 ply wood, Limba/Spruce/Kiri/Spruce/Limba.

I particularly wanted it to be as light as possible, 75g and it is around an All round plus / off - in its action.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Another question for those who have used both the G1 and the Z2.

Does either perform better on service receive,
I suppose I'm asking is one less spin sensitive than the other?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Another question for those who have used both the G1 and the Z2.

Does either perform better on service receive,
I suppose I'm asking is one less spin sensitive than the other?

From what I can remember, they're similar in serve receive, the G-1 might be a tad less bouncy there, but the Z2's feel is so great and it's still controls well in the short game. You'd think it would jump more like Tenergy.

Yea, the difference is in the topsheet and to me T05's is more dynamic and I prefer the feel.

It must be a little bit softer then, I’ll probably like that. It stays longer on the surface (dwell time I hate that expression…).

Cheers
L-zr

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
It must be a little bit softer then, I’ll probably like that. It stays longer on the surface (dwell time I hate that expression…).

Cheers
L-zr

T19 felt marginally harder than T05 for me, I didn't like it as much and couldn't tell much difference except in feel, but a lot of people enjoy it especially with the plastic ball.

T19 felt marginally harder than T05 for me, I didn't like it as much and couldn't tell much difference except in feel, but a lot of people enjoy it especially with the plastic ball.

Hmm, I heat mostly reports on T19 being slightly faster, no reports on bounciness though.
I’m quite happy with T05 right now but I figure the chase the best never ends…

I got a few sheets T19 too and I will find out eventually.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hmm, I heat mostly reports on T19 being slightly faster, no reports on bounciness though.
I’m quite happy with T05 right now but I figure the chase the best never ends…

I got a few sheets T19 too and I will find out eventually.

Cheers
L-zr

Never hurts to try and find out for yourself!

Let me know what you think.

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

HI, I had a blade made for me by SDC Blades. (very well made and a joy to play with by the way).

It is a 5 ply wood, Limba/Spruce/Kiri/Spruce/Limba.

I particularly wanted it to be as light as possible, 75g and it is around an All round plus / off - in its action.

What are you looking for? The people described very well how goes each rubber so you can take a decision in consonance only to benefit your game style.