Harimoto vs Ovtcharov blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2024
42
10
138
Hi Guys.

I currently use the Ovtcharov innerforce Alc with Dignics 05 on FH and Fastarc G1 on BH (going to change to 05fx soon)

Was looking at getting a Harimoto blade.

2 questions:

1. Not sure what version to get out of the Harimoto Alc, Super ALC or the regular ZLC

2. For anyone who has tried them and the ovtcharov what are the differences between them.

I do like the Ovtcharov, I’m just going through my EJ stage again 😂

Will likely have the same rubbers on the Harimoto unless you guys would recommend a different rubber that suit the blade better.

Thanks in advance
 

NDH

says Spin to win!

NDH

says Spin to win!
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Moderator
Feb 2016
1,632
2,924
5,235
Read 3 reviews
1. Not sure what version to get out of the Harimoto Alc, Super ALC or the regular ZLC
I've not played with the Super ALC or ZLC, but they aren't the fairest of comparisons with the standard OALC.

2. For anyone who has tried them and the ovtcharov what are the differences between them.

OALC feel closer to an outer carbon blade - I didn't really feel MUCH difference between a TBALC and the OALC to be honest.

I think the OALC holds on to some of that woody feeling and a little less "outer carbon" - But it's not crazy different.

The HALC is slower (more control) and woody-er.

If you like the OALC but want something a touch more controlled and slower - The HALC may suit you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haito and TTPassion
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2021
343
284
770
I used the Harimoto ALC for about six months. Being used to stiffer outer ALC blades, I felt that the HALC was sometimes a bit too unpredictable. When you really put power into your shots, it isn't any slower than an outer ALC blade. In fact, it can sometimes feel extremely fast, and the ball just flies off the racket and lands far away from the table. I assume this is due to flex, and it's probably something you can get used to over time.
Otherwise the difference is a lot less than you might think reading forum threads here. Suppose it is the same with the OALC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haito and TTPassion
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jul 2022
283
123
418
Hi,
I have used both briefly - two friends got them. The big O (6.2mm) I found is a bit stiffer, faster, heavier and harder feeling than the harimoto alc (6mm) and slightly lower throw. Its a bit better at attacking (its pretty fast like an outer carbon) but slightly less control than the harimoto, harimoto is a bit better at defence. I found both can be bit head heavy and prefer the normal head size blade. I have the Butterfly innerforce alc a lighter version of harimoto (normal size head).
I preferred the Butterfly Freitas alc blade (6mm), - lighter and more agile (as lighter head). It has the same outer layer Limba which seems to help with dwell.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TTPassion and Haito
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
May 2023
299
322
1,432
I'm glad this thread is up because I'm starting to experiment with my racket as the year comes to an end. Looking at the Harimoto ALC, OALC, and Freitas ALC.

Having some issues with the head heaviness of the inner carbon blades, especially close to the table, so was looking to experiment with other limba top-layer based blades. Trying not to sacrifice my feeling on serves, but the head-heavy blades are a bit tiring and a bit more difficult to make FH-BH transitions closer to the table.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TTPassion
Top