Head shape of a blade: Does it matter?

It does, it determines the sweet spot. But not by a huge amount. The cybershape for instance claims to give better access to low shots. It does but if you don’t hold the racket in the right angle it makes it worse…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: NextLevel
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
It does, it determines the sweet spot. But not by a huge amount. The cybershape for instance claims to give better access to low shots. It does but if you don’t hold the racket in the right angle it makes it worse…

Cheers
L-zr
my preference is a large round head, not because of its attribute or anything like that but rather, I love symmetrical shapes and big things.

So I am curious what does a large round head do best? What will it do better compared to a oval slimmer head?

It’s easier to hit the ball and have a larger sweetspot. On the negative side it’s a little bit heavier and have a larger air resistance.

I see nothing wrong with a little bigger head size.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
It’s easier to hit the ball and have a larger sweetspot. On the negative side it’s a little bit heavier and have a larger air resistance.

I see nothing wrong with a little bigger head size.

Cheers
L-zr
Larger air resistance = more clumsy to handle and less flexible in terms of last minute adjustments to the ball. Also it will absolutely hurt your wrist more if you do chiquita with them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Larger head means more rubber which means heavier total and balance away from the handle.