Help choosing a custom racket

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
hey buddy,

all u need is a new good blade like TB ALC it's very good to start, and for ur record the coach is very helpful in the match only, the other thing is to work on ur self just practice more and more again to get some speed, control and movement technique.

fine a person who love this game and make a friendship with him then start to practice together and improve ur skills.

This user has no status.
hey buddy,

all u need is a new good blade like TB ALC it's very good to start, and for ur record the coach is very helpful in the match only, the other thing is to work on ur self just practice more and more again to get some speed, control and movement technique.

fine a person who love this game and make a friendship with him then start to practice together and improve ur skills.

I may try to play with that university coach, he is very good at it, so he can always give me hints or guides or whatever, even if he didn't but at least i will try hard to match or get used to his high level, so then i will see improvements no doubt, in fact i was playing with some students when i was studying there and they don't know about playing at all, then they started to play against this coach sometimes time to time and their skill improved a lot and they even became tough opponent to me that time, so i will ask him to play few games and i will be very serious and hard playing so he can play seriously with me too.

Having a coach is in my list, but it is not as top priorities right now, first i must have a racket, then second step is to play with some regardless of their levels, and if i go to that club there are many who are trained or better levels and i can play with them if i ask sometimes and they don't came with their own friends, or maybe even one of the coaches there if they don't have any training sessions even for 1 game, and one day when i feel i am planning to move to a higher level or want to take it seriously to compete and i have good enough budget then i can pay for coaching.

This user has no status.
Most of these answers depend on the user

In which way? if the user is fast or he is slow?
Same with cars, there are cars fastest in the world but sure if the driver is blind or dumb or just got license he will be the last.

Well, i just talked about the tools only, i didn't mention the human element [players or users].

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
In which way? if the user is fast or he is slow?
Same with cars, there are cars fastest in the world but sure if the driver is blind or dumb or just got license he will be the last.

Well, i just talked about the tools only, i didn't mention the human element [players or users].

It depends on the player in the sense that for example,a new player picks up what some people call slow,but cannot control it at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Just curiosity questions:

1. What is the most control blade in the market or the world?
2. What is the best rubber for control?
3. What is the fastest blade out there?
4. what is the fastest performance rubber?

1-i think stiga allround classic.
2-any classic rubber or tacky rubber
3-according to nexy.they are in the process of making the fastest blade.the name i think,not sure,is Akrasia or Zealot
4-this i think is T64

I answered 1 and 2 from experience with the equipment

This user has no status.
1-i think stiga allround classic.
2-any classic rubber or tacky rubber
3-according to nexy.they are in the process of making the fastest blade.the name i think,not sure,is Akrasia or Zealot
4-this i think is T64

I answered 1 and 2 from experience with the equipment

Great, thank you very much, this is what i look for.

Well, i know that the user has its factor there, but i was talking about just pure tool/gear just to understand more or have more knowledge, nothing more nothing less.

Well, just want to ask more regarding the equipment only.

1. What will happen if you place that fastest rubber on most control or slower blade, will the blade become fast or it doesn't matter?
2. Same if you place a slower or best control rubber on a fastest blade?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There is a problem with the first set of questions. There are a lot of rubbers that are the "fastest" but most of them aren't very good. Tenergy 64 is definitely NOT the fastest rubber out there. But it is fast and has good spin; better spin than a lot of rubbers that are faster than it.

When you are talking about fastest blade or rubber you are most likely talking about equipment designed for offensive play.

When you are looking at control the equipment used by a defender, blades and rubbers, have a different level of control but you could say they have more. But would you want to be using a racket with an extra large head that is super slow and designed for defensive chopping with long pips? Maybe.

So are you talking about an allround blade that would be good for playing both defense and offense? Are you talking about a blade that is for offense that has a lot of control? Or are you talking about a pure defensive blade that has control for chopping and would only be okay for offense because the rubber on one side is long pips with a very thin sponge (or no sponge) so that even though the head size is very big the setup isn't too heavy because of how light the rubber is on one side?

The reason an Allround blade with good control (a blade that you can use for offense or defense) or a controlled attack blade (Off-) blade is recommended for person who has been playing less than 3-4 years and whose level is lower than Semi-Pro, is that, with an All, All+ or Off- blade, you can develop all strokes and all play styles well.

Whereas, with one of the Off blades that you are looking at it may be harder to develop certain strokes and improve them. If you were at an expert level that would not be a problem.

The experts on this subject are also recommending an all wood blade rather than a composite blade. Composite blades have substances like Carbon which makes it harder to feel subtle differences between different kinds of contact. Whereas, with an all wood blade that has good feeling, as you feel the blade give you different feedback and different feelings with different kinds of contact, your body learns better contact. This learning is subcortical so it is not part of cognitive learning. It happens without you even knowing it. With a carbon blade you will not get the same feedback so your contact will usually get better much more slowly.

One thing I think you are missing is that a controlled offensive racket is not one you would have to outgrow. As pointed out with those videos of Vladimir Samsonov, many top pros use controlled offensive blades that are all wood. Another player who uses a controlled offensive blade (Off-) is Xu Xin: the number one ranked player in the world.

What most of the people who know what they are talking about are recommending for you is an All+ or Off- blade that is all wood for good ball feel, and control rubbers.

Something like this:

Butterfly Primorac Off- blade
Butterfly Sriver FH
Butterfly Sriver FX BH

Notice, you want Butterfly, I listed a setup that would actually be good for you that is all Butterfly brand.

Since you are more interested in the fancier composite blades that cost much more I recommended:

Innerforce ZLF with Tenergy.

Of the setups you were looking at, that would definitely be the best for you and it is, to my opinion the best of those setups for most people. There are other threads on TTDaily where I have written about that blade. You can search if you want to read what I wrote. That is, in my opinion, one of Butterfly's two best blades. There is one other that is almost as good. But that is the best.

But the Primorac Off- would be better FOR YOU.

Your second set of questions is more valuable than your first. Can you put slow rubbers on a fast blade. Yes. It won't make the blade slower, but the overall speed of the setup would be not as fast. I don't think that scenario is as beneficial as the next scenario:

Can you out fast rubbers on a slower blade? Yes. It also won't make the blade faster but the overall setup will be faster.

Because of the way I contact the ball (brush loop) the speed of the blade makes very little difference to the way I play. You could give me a very fast blade and a very slow blade and if I am looping the speed of the blade will have almost no impact on the speed of my shots because I am using the topsheet and sponge of the rubber to generate the speed and spin. I would only feel the difference in blade speed if I made drive, drive loop or flat hit contact. So to a high level player, often the speed of the blade won't matter as much because of how they contact and how they use the sponge and topsheet of the rubber.

In my opinion it is much more useful to use a slower blade with faster rubber than to go the other way.

And this setup:

Primorac Off- with
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05FX

Is almost exactly what I use right now. The blade and rubbers are just from different brands but they are pretty much the same.

My blade and rubbers are listed right below my user name. I can use any blade. I have over 20. I have a Viscaria. I have a TB ALC. I have a TB ZLF. A Clipper. I also used to have a Primorac Off- which I liked so much I gave it to a friend so he could learn with a good setup.

Now even though I have all those blades and many more that I didn't mention, I play with an OSP Virtuoso Off-. WHY? Because I am good enough to use anything I want and this blade is awesome. So much spin and control. I SUPPLY THE POWER BECAUSE I HAVE THE TECHNIQUE. I don't need the blade to give speed I do not know how to generate myself.

I have a friend who is a tennis pro, at one point he was top 300 in the world in tennis. He plays table tennis too. In switching blades back and forth on him to feel the difference between a slower and a faster blade, I asked him if he noticed the difference. (Between TB ZLC [very fast] and my blade Virttouso Off- [turtle slow in comparison]). He said there was no noticeable difference in the pace of the ball. He knows the difference between a 145 mph serve and a 150 mph serve in tennis. No noticeable difference. Because the technique was solid.

You also should know that rubbers last between 2-6 months depending on how much you use them. A higher level player, playing 3-5 days a week 2-3 hours a day will usually change rubbers, after about 1 month. A lower level player will often wait longer to change rubbers which is fine.

There is no reason you shouldn't get the Primorac with one set of rubbers while planning to change to something more high tech like Tenergy 3-6 months later. The blade stays but the rubbers get changed.

In the end you will do what you want but that is a little extra information for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TareqPhoto
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Don't quote Carl's big post unless you wanna have the forum tell you hiz phone is a bad word then you gotta manually change his phone into NSA stuff.

Carl had me hit with this coach he mentions in his post on my NYC 2.0 adventure. This guy can use his wheels and rally.

So many different setups that can work OP only needs to keep thread going for conversation haha.

OP, your TT situation is only slightly better than my own. Get any of those setups, they are basically the same high end of the spectrum for OFF play and go to battle, take pics of your victims and come here to talk about it. There isn't any profit in sweating it out to gnat's azz detail, your shots are not going to be a ton different with any of those setups you proposed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Don't quote Carl's big post unless you wanna have the forum tell you hiz phone is a bad word then you gotta manually change his phone into NSA stuff.

Carl had me hit with this coach he mentions in his post on my NYC 2.0 adventure. This guy can use his wheels and rally.

So many different setups that can work OP only needs to keep thread going for conversation haha.

OP, your TT situation is only slightly better than my own. Get any of those setups, they are basically the same high end of the spectrum for OFF play and go to battle, take pics of your victims and come here to talk about it. There isn't any profit in sweating it out to gnat's azz detail, your shots are not going to be a ton different with any of those setups you proposed.

He is probably asking to see how objective some of these websites are. Usually people like TareqPhoto clearly enjoy this kind of thing.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He is probably asking to see how objective some of these websites are. Usually people like TareqPhoto clearly enjoy this kind of thing.

Agree. Probably also likes getting people mad based on how many people at Ooak have gotten POed at him. And the ones at TTDaily too. But Der_Echte has a good and interesting point. Someone who spends that much time writing all these questions and then tries to argue with people even when they are agreeing with him, MUST have a LOT of free time and NOTHING better to do. If he was really interested in rackets rather than banter, he would be playing rather than writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Well, i said before that i don't have any budget at all and i am just waiting to have it sooner or later from somewhere, so until that time i can ask and have more details, is it forbidden or not allowed to ask questions and to argue? if so then i am sorry that i did, delete this thread and imagine that nothing happened and i will not come back here again.

Well, i went to a store where they sell blades and rubbers, and to my surprise they sell some Butterfly blades but they don't have any InnerForce models, and now you recommend me about Primorac Off-, well, i don't have another choice as long that Innerforce ZLF is not available, and i don't think Timo Boll models are recommended, also going with ZK or JM are like wasting money from your point and it is too soon and so high level to me so they are not good to start with as well from your point.

I don't think i will go to that store because it is far and so difficult to reach, but i will call it and will ask about that Primorac Off- if it is available, if not then i don't have any choice but once i get the budget so i order the blade from the net online, and the rubbers are available here so i will buy them from here.

First you said i should go with T05-FX and T64, but then for Primorac you said i should go with T05 and T05FX, so if i didn't buy Primorac and go with InnerForce ZLF, should i go with 05FX and T64 or T05 and 05FX?

Last thing, if the budget is really high enough, then i can buy 2-3 rackets at once, but for that i for sure will buy one Butterfly, the other two is open choice, so in this case i just **** up my mind and telling myself i have Butterfly but i will use another racket as you said which will help me to control and grow up with, but i still remember my offensive style and i can attack and use speed if i really want to, but sounds all just underestimate me and think i don't know how to play at all and i should never look at Butterfly first place at all.

Thanks for all your help, and your post is what i look for and you answered me, i have more information now or better idea and this will help for sure, please don't take my questions as i am trolling or having nothing to do, and yes i have free long time and i can't play anywhere yet, i went to the university and the coach told me that the students are not coming to play because they are in exams weeks, later when they start the classes again he will call me and i will go, don't rush me because i post a lot here please.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Last thing, if the budget is really high enough, then i can buy 2-3 rackets at once, but for that i for sure will buy one Butterfly, the other two is open choice, so in this case i just **** up my mind and telling myself i have Butterfly but i will use another racket as you said which will help me to control and grow up with, but i still remember my offensive style and i can attack and use speed if i really want to, but sounds all just underestimate me and think i don't know how to play at all and i should never look at Butterfly first place at all.

Hahaha. Either you are funny or you are not very smart. Can you understand what I said about Allround blades and Controlled Offensive blades and why they might be better for someone whose style isn't fully developed? You yourself have said many times that some days you play defensively and other days you play offensively. Can you remember what I said about all wood blades instead of composite blades and why they might be better for anyone and how even many pros use all wood blades?

What kind of blade is the Primorac Off-? Do you remember at the beginning of the thread that I recommended this blade to you? Wait, what company is it again? Butterfly? So why are you saying that someone said not to look at Butterfly? Is it because you are trolling? Because you are trying to get people mad? Because you are just making up false arguments? Get Butterfly. Get what ever you want. But you are a silly, attention seeking person who is clearly being ridiculous and is not really understanding the answers to the questions and isn't paying attention to the information.

And then you throw out statements that have nothing to do with the conversation like:

Why do you tell me not to get Butterfly? Why shouldn't I get the best? Why should I get something and then get something else later? I want to get the later blade for now? Why are you trying to save me money? I can buy an expensive blade and don't think it is too expensive to spend $300.00. I just have no money for budget now so now I can't buy anything. Why do you all underestimate my playing and think I cannot play?

All of these are red herrings and have nothing to do with anything that have been said and are just false arguments to get people riled up. Nobody said anything about not getting Butterfly. Nobody said anything about underestimating you. But, you yourself have said you don't have a defined style.

So feel free to keep trying to get people angry with fake arguments about stuff that didn't get said. But but people will be able to see that you are really just a joker.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hahaha. Either you are funny or you are not very smart. Can you understand what I said about Allround blades and Controlled Offensive blades and why they might be better for someone whose style isn't fully developed? You yourself have said many times that some days you play defensively and other days you play offensively. Can you remember what I said about all wood blades instead of composite blades and why they might be better for anyone and how even many pros use all wood blades?

What kind of blade is the Primorac Off-? Do you remember at the beginning of the thread that I recommended this blade to you? Wait, what company is it again? Butterfly? So why are you saying that someone said not to look at Butterfly? Is it because you are trolling? Because you are trying to get people mad? Because you are just making up false arguments? Get Butterfly. Get what every you want. But you are a silly, attention seeking person who is clearly being ridiculous and is not really understanding the answers to the questions and isn't paying attention to the information.

And then you throw out statements that have nothing to do with the conversation like:

Why do you tell me not to get Butterfly? Why shouldn't I get the best? Why should I get something and then get something else later? I want to get the later blade for now? Why are you trying to save me money? I can buy an expensive blade and don't think it is too expensive to spend $300.00. I just have no money for budget now so now I can't buy anything. Why do you all underestimate my playing and think I cannot play?

All of these are red herrings and have nothing to do with anything that have been said and are just false arguments to get people riled up. Nobody said anything about not getting Butterfly. Nobody said anything about underestimating you. But, you yourself have said you don't have a defined style.

So feel free to keep trying to get people angry with fake arguments about stuff that didn't get said. But but people will be able to see that you are really just a joker.

I am not talking about you, it is like you are the only one or second person, but the majority are against me to go with BTY from beginning, in fact even that the owner or salesman in the store told me immediately why to go with those BTY blades, they are not my level, so he said that and he never met me before or saw me before, he even didn't mention any other BTY blades such as Primorac, so i am tying to show you that you are the only one who is recommended very very thanks of a model from BTY, and i keep that in my mind, and i can go with what you recommended me no problem.

It is a misunderstanding again, i understand your posts very well and i know what you told me about that All+ or all around racket, great idea, but i don't know why others not saying the same as you, some doesn't care and telling me to go with whatever, but you mentioned models, this is different, and again thank you very much, but i am trying to show what others thinking of my plan, and same as with my photography, i go mostly with WANT gear more than NEED gear and i am happy so far.

I will read your last post this i quoted again carefully as i am in rush, but i understand you and i didn't reject or disagreed with your recommendations.

This user has no status.
I will stop talking much about it so far, i got the answers for my actual OP post and curiosity ones, and i am done and i am sure you all mad now of my attitude because of misunderstanding, i mixed people thinking here and there [even locally] so i made this kind of crap posts you think about me, but don't be mad, just you helped me more than i need, and i keep going only to see what's wrong, and also to have more knowledge as i said.

Even in Photography sites, when i ask about a lens to do this kind of photography i get 1-2 recommendations, but when i ask about other lenses just for curiosity people think i am trolling, so it is like i have to ask 1 specific question and get answered then i shut up and go with what people answered me, and i can't ask more because it will confuse people about what i am talking about.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I will stop talking much about it so far, i got the answers for my actual OP post and curiosity ones, and i am done and i am sure you all mad now of my attitude because of misunderstanding, i mixed people thinking here and there [even locally] so i made this kind of crap posts you think about me, but don't be mad, just you helped me more than i need, and i keep going only to see what's wrong, and also to have more knowledge as i said.

Even in Photography sites, when i ask about a lens to do this kind of photography i get 1-2 recommendations, but when i ask about other lenses just for curiosity people think i am trolling, so it is like i have to ask 1 specific question and get answered then i shut up and go with what people answered me, and i can't ask more because it will confuse people about what i am talking about.

Well, as I said, it is because of the way you ask questions it makes it seem like you are trying to argue with people. Perhaps it is that you are arguing against people who are not on the thread like the person in the store. But you throw things out after people have made recommendations to you that make it seem like you are discrediting them and arguing with them and then people who actually know what they are talking about just don't respond. You insulted TTTony on the first page of this thread and he is one of the most patient and most experienced guys on TTDaily. I saw a lot of people on Ooak get annoyed with you. And you keep on responding as though you are arguing with them. So it is not as much the questions you ask but how it seems like you are accusing them of things they did not say and arguing with them. So, if you are finding that in person and on many sites that you are getting people upset and angry at you, and they are experts on the subject you are asking about, you should try and see what you are doing that is getting people all upset. There are a few specific things that you are doing that are antisocial and problematic and I could see that it would cause you trouble elsewhere in life as well.

This user has no status.
Fair enough and well said, i am very sorry for my way and i apologize to cause all this kind of problematic situations.

Anyway, nothing much to say so far, you gave me recommendations and i am done, and for another or second racket i will go with all wood blade not a problem, i got mad and it made me to go so far in my responses and i am new so i didn't know who is well respected here or so expert who replied me and felt my wrong way.

Sorry again, and i appreciate all your help and your recommendations, next time i will not ask anything as i may end up mad or misunderstanding then i go arguing for no reasons, but don't worry, i have good respect in photography sites, i started before like here, so annoying, but after a while things became smooth for me and clear and people understanding me very well, and issues or arguing or debating happens even in the best families.

Thanks for the help again.

Last edited: