Help choosing bh rubber for penhold

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hello everyone!

I'm looking to build a cpen racket for fun to see how it's like playing penhold. I love xu xin and want to try out the style that got me into the sport!

I've decided to buy a fake dynasty carbon blade from aliexpress, just for the looks and an original blue sponge provincial skyline 2 for the forehand. I've played the normal tg2 and I'm confident about that choice.

At shakehand, I have a reasonably strong backhand, good consistency and spin. Generally I play with soft rubbers with a lot of grip, low sensitivity and medium to low throw, like the 05fx and nowadays the bluestorm z3.

I want to get a rubber that is decent for rpb, lasts a long time and has similar properties to the z3. I don't want much catapult though because I want to have full control of my progress and have linear and predictable power from the rubber.

My mind went to the dhs hurricane 3-50, 37 or 35 degrees. It has the sponge from the tinarc and the top sheet of the hurricane 3. From what I've heard it has a long medium throw, good speed and spin, but have found nothing regarding the feeling, does anyone know what it feels like to play?

Thanks in advance and feel free to suggest anything else that comes to mind!

Just keep in mind that I care about budget since I just want the racket for fun, hence why I chose a cheap blade and rubbers. (And yes the skyline was pricy, but it's durable as heck, I don't think I'll ever change it.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
M
Hello everyone!

I'm looking to build a cpen racket for fun to see how it's like playing penhold. I love xu xin and want to try out the style that got me into the sport!

I've decided to buy a fake dynasty carbon blade from aliexpress, just for the looks and an original blue sponge provincial skyline 2 for the forehand. I've played the normal tg2 and I'm confident about that choice.

At shakehand, I have a reasonably strong backhand, good consistency and spin. Generally I play with soft rubbers with a lot of grip, low sensitivity and medium to low throw, like the 05fx and nowadays the bluestorm z3.

I want to get a rubber that is decent for rpb, lasts a long time and has similar properties to the z3. I don't want much catapult though because I want to have full control of my progress and have linear and predictable power from the rubber.

My mind went to the dhs hurricane 3-50, 37 or 35 degrees. It has the sponge from the tinarc and the top sheet of the hurricane 3. From what I've heard it has a long medium throw, good speed and spin, but have found nothing regarding the feeling, does anyone know what it feels like to play?

Thanks in advance and feel free to suggest anything else that comes to mind!

Just keep in mind that I care about budget since I just want the racket for fun, hence why I chose a cheap blade and rubbers. (And yes the skyline was pricy, but it's durable as heck, I don't think I'll ever change it.)
aybe try rakza 7, very forgiving for a first time learner, or look for another rakza excluding the rakza 9. Another choice is the xiom vega series.

Reactions: Lowday20298