Help me choose a blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Hi can you please advise what is the better blade from Korbel OFF vs KORBEL SK7 OFF for tenergy 05 2.1 rubber.

Playing experience = 9 years.
Skill = Have played at school, college and university level in the past
Play style = Strength 1 is forehand flat hits/drives, smashes and topspin. Strength 2 is serves. Backhand just block at the moment. But I would like a racket where I can also develop my backhand and make it an attacking option. Also most of time I play close to the table, unless I am forced to move away.

I have done some research and I think pro players have used both these blades with t05s but I can't make up my mind and there is too much technical discussion on forums and too much (sometimes contradictory) information. Does someone have experience with these blades who could help me? As butterfly describes it the sk7 has a hard feeling and korbell has a soft feeling.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Imho,

In short, original korbel fit tenergy 05 better as a looper blade, but,

Your description on your play style gave hint that you should try a harder blade, more block and drive than loop, so,

Imho, Sk7 shall fit You better. :)

If you have friend that using Tenergy 80 FX or Sriver G2, You should try for couple of hits. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
hi bego,

thanks a lot for your reply. i have used tenergy 80fx with michael maze blade. my subjective experience was that it was quite fast but i found it a bit tricky to control for chopping. the ball would just fly off the racket out of the table. it wasnt horrible but ocassionaly this happened. also it was first time i was playing with this racket. also i found the racket a bit lacking in spin department. again my subjective experience. in any case after spending a lot of time thinking about it, i have just pulled the trigger on the normal korbal (non-sk). i really hope i like it! cos its quite an investment for me. btw do you have any suggestions for racket maintainence. some liquid or cloth i could buy and also a case or protector for the rubber. don't want to spend too much but now that i have got this racket i would like to make the rubbers last as long as possible.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
thanks chris. but i have already ordered my bat! i will keep it in mind for next time!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
thanks chris. but i have already ordered my bat! i will keep it in mind for next time!

Rain, I think you actually made the right choice. That racket is fine for your style of play, but you will also be able to learn how to develop your loops and spin more and learn to loop with the backhand and developed a game where you have power and spin from both sides. The faster blades would have encouraged you to keep hitting flatter. But the regular Korbel will be fine for that and you will be able to develop more spin.

As far as cleaning the rubbers: get a simple, inexpensive sponge and water. You can keep the sponge in a plastic bag or a travel soap dish. If you wanted to be fancier you could have a Tupperware container for it. If you wanted a fancier sponge: Absorb 'N Dry Vacuum Sponge, (PVC sponge) is pretty cool. But a damp sponge with just water cleans and protects the rubber better than anything else. The reason is that the chemicals in the sponge cleaners actually break the rubber down a bit and cause it to wear out a tiny bit faster.

Plastic sheet covers are worth having in my opinion. They actually protect the edges of the rubber when you put it in and take it out of the case.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Thanks carl, really appreciate your reply it was reassuring. actually this is my first fairly expensive racket. I have found technology has moved on a lot since last time I bought a racket (5-6 years ago). I will also keep your tips in mind for cleaning.

This user has no status.
hi bego,

thanks a lot for your reply. i have used tenergy 80fx with michael maze blade. my subjective experience was that it was quite fast but i found it a bit tricky to control for chopping. the ball would just fly off the racket out of the table. it wasnt horrible but ocassionaly this happened. also it was first time i was playing with this racket. also i found the racket a bit lacking in spin department. again my subjective experience. in any case after spending a lot of time thinking about it, i have just pulled the trigger on the normal korbal (non-sk). i really hope i like it! cos its quite an investment for me. btw do you have any suggestions for racket maintainence. some liquid or cloth i could buy and also a case or protector for the rubber. don't want to spend too much but now that i have got this racket i would like to make the rubbers last as long as possible.

Yes, basically harder combi better for drive, poor for spin and loop. :)

That means I am agree with everyone, for brushing up your loop, original korbel better. :)

For me, I am keeping strict play - clean - protect - store policy to ward of dust.

I am using original plastic protector from dhs h3, rushawa, sponge, and simple resin storage, but that the 1st combi I have use, so cant recommend which better, sorry. :)