Hey there

This user has no status.
Warning debo table tennis is highly addictive. If you ordered your first combi online and are waiting anxiously to give it a try, you are starting to get hooked. You pretty much could have gone to your friendly local sport store a get your first blade there. I least that is how I got started...

Today I own 5 blades...

Anyway now you know what are you getting yourself into [emoji33]

By the way UpSideDownCarl... Looking at the Bulgaria Open I noticed that Kim Donghyun winner of the open is using the same blade you led me into Petr Korbel BTY [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way UpSideDownCarl... Looking at the Bulgaria Open I noticed that Kim Donghyun winner of the open is using the same blade you led me into Petr Korbel BTY [emoji120]

Yep. That is a top notch blade that could get you to the highest levels of play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Warning debo table tennis is highly addictive. If you ordered your first combi online and are waiting anxiously to give it a try, you are starting to get hooked. You pretty much could have gone to your friendly local sport store a get your first blade there. I least that is how I got started...

Today I own 5 blades...

Anyway now you know what are you getting yourself into [emoji33]

I think that the fact I spend a good part of my day begging my colleagues to play with me is the terrible sign that I'm already lost :)

This user has no status.
Too bad [emoji85]

Next step go find yourself a local TT Club.

BTW welcome to the forum! You came to the right place to learn TT. I'm learning tons!!!

My next challenge guided by this bunch is to beat the coach at my club. The other day he came close [emoji28], really close.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Nope. What you are saying is accurate. I have no problems with what you said.

It is true. The racket doesn't get you there. And of course that is not what I meant. I meant that as a player's skills improve, the racket is still good enough. There is no need for a better racket. Not faster, slower, fancier, with turbo boosters or substances they sound like they would help defeat superman like Zylon.

A player with good technique who is at a level of top 200 could use that blade.

Perhaps even the $6.00 nock-off from Ali Express. Lol.

So what you are saying is actually good info.

I do actually think you have a ton of experience and great info to offer. I think I have an inkling of where you are coming from. I think people don't like all the insults. I don't think your manipulation of language is a big deal. Underneath it is a desire to get people to wake up and understand some of the hypocrisy.

I may clown around but I do get that the ITTF is big time messed up.

I would add, on this front that, the original rule for the ball change to plastic 40+ was supposed to be seamless only. That rule change was made shortly after Adham Sharara had cut a deal with XSF brass that out a patent on the process of making 40+ seamless plastic balls. Ever seamless 40+ ball that is sold, part of the profit gets kicked over to Sharara.

After the rule, the other companies went to court to be allowed to produce seamed plastic balls. They did win that. Only problem is, the seamed plastic is so bad it is unusable. I have played matches where I broke 3 in one match. So many of the companies are bowing to Sharara and XSF and putting their brand label on the seamless XSF balls. More money for Sharara and company.

The only comedy of the whole deal, the plastic ball was supposed to be easier for offensive players and harder for defensive players. But the slipperyness of the ball and the slowness makes it actually harder for an offensive player vs a defensive player even at the higher levels. Top offensive players are having much more trouble ending points with the 40+ than they were with the celluloid ball.

Nevertheless, ITTF is definitely not my favorite organization.

This user has no status.
Nope. What you are saying is accurate. I have no problems with what you said.
The only comedy of the whole deal, the plastic ball was supposed to be easier for offensive players and harder for defensive players. But the slipperyness of the ball and the slowness makes it actually harder for an offensive player vs a defensive player even at the higher levels. Top offensive players are having much more trouble ending points with the 40+ than they were with the celluloid ball.

Haha, I have also asked some choppers about the new 40+ ball, and it seems that they really have benefits from changing to the poly ball.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here are my thoughts on the subject at hand:

Listerine is not strong enough.

The recommendation of nice bedtime reading material like Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" may be completely incomprehensible to our resident pacifist. But nothing could communicate the true believer's message more effectively and persuasively. Empathetic dreaming, I mean communication, will out.

However, my money says, that handy little masterpiece would wither away, unappreciated and collecting dust.

So if you can withstand the dragon breath and hazard the courteous demeanor, then under the pugnacious words and names, the self proclaimed inner pacifist's message might be unearthed.

What that message is, seems to me, very much......ambivalent......but interesting nonetheless.

However, most people won't do that when being abused by verbiage and good seeming bile.

So I say, open the doors, let the RobertNastis have a party with the SPiN-less cowherds; have the true believer invite them to dinner and whisper sweetly in their ears. The message at least will not be met with arms when it arrives on wings of dulcet breath. But salamanders dream to fly like fearless Hungarian Horn Tails. Who can blame them.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For a moment there, you almost had me convinced that he wrote in English when he wasn't insulting people... then you made me realize again that I do not know wtf he is writing in.

It's one of the lesser known Romance languages! Hahaha.

Reactions: Liten
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I personally think much of the recent success stories of some modern amature defenders has more to do with how the attacking player is failing to better cope with the ball than the defender getting a better natural advantage form the properties of the ball. After all... There is less spin to manipulate and fool the attacker.

Reactions: Cornel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
hey corbytoffee, thanks for the warm welcome. I already had the chance to taste the kindness of other members in a couble of other posts and in dome pvt messages. Yes, that's the intent, to slowly improve my technique and start getting competitive, the way is long but I have time and will power.

Hey Debo, Welcome to TTD :) There are many members who will help you out here on TTD! We are all for learning!

See you around buddy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Welcome debo! Watch out for those two oldies but goodies (upsidedowncarl an Der_Ecthe). They seem to be good guys but once you are lured into their web, they are ones who laugh last :) Again welcome to the TTD Fun House.

This user has no status.
TT @ work can be a friendly and social activity... Or after 2.5 years, with total devotion from you and a coworker, be the one thing you spend every day preparing for and be what makes you whant to practice more!

I hope you find what you need in here! I sure do! :)

And [insert sex pistols debut album title] !

:)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Welcome debo! Watch out for those two oldies but goodies (upsidedowncarl an Der_Ecthe). They seem to be good guys but once you are lured into their web, they are ones who laugh last :) Again welcome to the TTD Fun House.

Unless someone good, like GiangT, catches us off guard and ensnares us in our own trouble-maker jokes! [emoji2]

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl got a corner on the trouble making market, but i will be around NYC someday soon to cause my own brand of trouble.

I say it again here. Just about everyone has a smart phone and maybe a digicam.

Used to be "What happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas." but with all this camera technology and instant youtube upload stuff around, not it is...

What happens in NYC STAYS on the internetz."

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl got a corner on the trouble making market, but i will be around NYC someday soon to cause my own brand of trouble.

Anyone who believes that Carl can out trouble-make Der, well, I have a bridge I'd like to sell to you.

But anyone who has seen the two of us in the same place at the same time, or even on the same thread at the same time could tell you from first hand experience that when we get together it's almost like an allergic reaction of trouble-making antics. People jump off bridges to escape. The goon squad falls through the trap door and gets caught, yet again, in the sceptic tank of the secret hideout. And people win ZJK Dragon blades signed by Ma Long and Xu Xin.

In all those antics the only person who seems to have caught us off guard and used our antics to ensnare us successfully is GiangT who most of the time is pretty straight laced and by the book. But when he wants to loosen up the tie and unbutton the top button on his shirt, he has shown himself to be as funny as anyone I've ever met.

Sent from my TroubleMakerPhone using HijinksTalk

Last edited: