How Coaching Videos Should be Recorded

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Just bumped into this video and the channel.

I think this is the first time I see a video being filmed from the back (first person angle) more or less for the entire duration. It's like a time trial ghost. Much better than shooting from the front where the table would block the lower body, and is usually complemented from the side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syFrh_3hEEM
oovlyxr.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Regarding the video (pointers on looping against backspin), starting @5:24, she talks about the common issue of pulling the upper arm backward with the elbow angle remaining static throughout (Harimoto1 still has that issue to this date). She continues on about how one should open it up, "wrap" like a whip and "brush" the ball.

Starting @12:00, she demonstrates how the swing should not be abruptly ended with the premature forearm snap and you can see the curve path of the swing when she turns to the side.

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Regarding the video (pointers on looping against backspin), starting @5:24, she talks about the common issue of pulling the upper arm backward with the elbow angle remaining static throughout (Harimoto1 still has that issue to this date). She continues on about how one should open it up, "wrap" like a whip and "brush" the ball.

Starting @12:00, she demonstrates how the swing should not be abruptly ended with the premature forearm snap and you can see the curve path of the swing when she turns to the side.

This is interesting, because I think I have an opposite problem. When I posted that video of myself (I'll post as soon as there is the feature [x] Show for registered users only (for new threads)), someone said that my back-swing is sometimes clumsy. This was a very valuable critique for me, because also I think that is true. I tend to drop the arm (like relax it) too early, and as a result I am sometimes bringing almost a straight arm back. Which is slower, and sometimes I can hit my leg with it. So now I am trying to improve my back-swing by first bringing the elbow close to the body (with the arm not straightened yet), rotate with it backwards (and straighten a bit during that, and then even more on forward swing). Such rotation should be faster, because the mass is closer to the center of the rotation. I also believe this is what some players do. Of course it is not quite possible to think about it, it all happens quickly, but this idea of bring the elbow close body right after hit is there.