How does TTDSL work as far as team format, points etc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I help run our local tt club here in the states and I find the TTDSL pretty entertaining. I like the comradery the guys feel playing in a team.

To my knowledge, we don't really have team leagues here in the states and TT is very much an isolated, work on your own craft game. That's fine and I don't mind it but I think the team aspect would be fun to try too.

I'd be curious to see if our club and the neighboring club close to us would be interested in doing something similar to TTDSL but is there a link to how the match format & scoring of points works?

I just watched an episode and the two teams had the match format as follows

1 - Frog, 2 - Captain, 3 - Rocket, 4 - Ringer
vs
A - Duran, B - Ferguson, C - Dodd, D - Israel

The matches played out in the following order.

1 v B
2 v A
3 v D
4 v C
_____
1 v A
3 v B
2 v C
4 v D

So it looks like whatever seeding you are on a team you'll never play vs someone who is more than 1 rank away from you. For example they'd never have a 1 v 3 (or C) as that'd be probably pretty lop-sided. But there was never a 2 v B or 3 v C. The only "even" matchups were the 1 v A & 4 v D.

In the episode the opposting team won 5 games to 3. How does that work for point standing? etc.

Or of you are unfamiliar with how TTD does theres, are you a part of a team league and how is yours run? Anybody with some info or links to how this works I'd appreciate. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I help run our local tt club here in the states and I find the TTDSL pretty entertaining. I like the comradery the guys feel playing in a team.

Or of you are unfamiliar with how TTD does theres, are you a part of a team league and how is yours run? Anybody with some info or links to how this works I'd appreciate. Thanks.
Google translation

Many possible team sizes (2, 3, 4, 6), with and without doubles. Even systems like the Braunschweig system that allows teams with an unequal number of players (3 vs 3, 3 vs 4, 4 vs 4) are in use over here.