How to catch-up on a race? (Inferior players always remain that way)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Persson was younger than Waldner, Ma Lin was younger than Liqin..Chen Qi was not able to beat Liqin once Liqin got past his prime.

Personally, I am a younger brother myself and seen lots of younger brother give a good try but never able to surpass their older..like some people say, its all about what time period you are in...Oldest do seem to have the advantage..Ryu Seung Min vs. Wang Liqin proved how young energy cannot beat wise-old experience.

If you cannot take over mental toughness by physical strength, then how is it supposed to be able to be done? Michael Maze tried innovation, it got him 1 tournament, after that, his style got cracked, same goes for other youngster who tried very hard.

I am afraid the answer may not lie in innovating, but adaptation. However, how can a young mind subject itself to more experience, if an older mind is trying just as hard? Is it just a limitation we have to accept? That weak can never overpower the strong unless the strong is careless?

~Lost Soul~

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Its just a fact that you have to deal with. Some people just have the misfortune of being sandwiched between the careers of two legendary players. Just as the first player is getting past his peak, the next player is just reaching it, and you therefore you find yourself sandwiched between them without an opportunity to win. Its not even because either one of them are better than you, but that you just happened to come along at the wrong time.