How to remove the glue from the rubber's sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Sueke No 1 is the first glue I've found that peels away from Tenergy sponge (and other rubbers) the way you would want it to, in nearly a complete film. So happy I've found something thanks to your advice in this forum.

Haven't played with it yet, will update this when I do.

Update: Plays just fine, no noticeable difference to other glues.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
For testing purpose, I've ordered 1 bottle no1 along with 2 additional bottles of no2.
No2 is described pretty well but it's hardly find any information about differences between no2 and no1.
The only info which appeared is/was the no1 might be probably speed glue version whatever it means.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
For testing purpose, I've ordered 1 bottle no1 along with 2 additional bottles of no2.
No2 is described pretty well but it's hardly find any information about differences between no2 and no1.
The only info which appeared is/was the no1 might be probably speed glue version whatever it means.
Will be great to know. There is no VOC smell from No 1 so I don't think it has anything old school speed glue about it. The translation does mention extra speed though! Here's the back of the bottle crudely translated by Google Translate.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-01 100051.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-01 100051.png
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2024-02-01 100051-2.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-01 100051-2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
This user has no status.
Will be great to know. There is no VOC smell from No 1 so I don't think it has anything old school speed glue about it. The translation does mention extra speed though! Here's the back of the bottle crudely translated by Google Translate.
Someone wrote that AliExpress shop replied that difference Is a out color. I'm wondering if they were talking about the bottle or the glue. @BHSlapper is this glue blue-ish? Can anyone confirm no. 2 is perhaps green-ish?

This user has no status.
The actual glue is white. The bottle is the colour in the photos above.
No, it is white.
It was me who was told by the chinese merchant that the difference between 1 an2 was just the color of the bottle.
So we need someone in this group with mass spectrometry equipment at home 🤣 to see whether the 2 are actually the same glue.

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
I don’t understand why you’re putting up with this VOC-free glue and at the same time you boost your rubbers. Like if you’ve a conscience suddenly when it comes to using VOC-glue and boosting isn’t a problem.
And when you’re an amateur who gives a sheet what glue you use?
The VOC glue I use I don’t have to remove it at all. The rubber strips of easily from the blade. It’s strong enough to keep the rubber attached to the blade.
It’s a contact glue but leaves almost no residue. Just apply a new glue layer and smack the rubber on. Gluing takes just 10 minutes for both sides.
And when you’re done you can use it to glue some photos of your grandma in the photo album. 😁

This user has no status.
I eventually found the image of the rear side of a Sueke rubber cover. Translation says:

Hangzhou Suke Sports Goods Co., Ltd.
TEL: +8613115739772

I guess the best way to understand the difference is by asking to the producer, but we may need a chinese speaker for that.

BTW on Chinese market I also see "Suke no. 1" and "Suke no. 2", I guess that's same glue as Sueke but in different bottles, this time is same color and different labels.

EDIT: from another Sueke rubber:
Shanghai Lianke Trading Co., Ltd. | SHANGHAI SUEKE Trade Co.,Ltd

Address: 1G113, No. 225 Gong Road, Tinglin Town, Jinshan District, Shanghai PC: 201505 No.225 Xinggong Rd, Tinglin Town, Jinshan, SHANGHA

TEL: 13115739772
WEB: suekesports.com

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I don’t understand why you’re putting up with this VOC-free glue and at the same time you boost your rubbers. Like if you’ve a conscience suddenly when it comes to using VOC-glue and boosting isn’t a problem.
And when you’re an amateur who gives a sheet what glue you use?
The VOC glue I use I don’t have to remove it at all. The rubber strips of easily from the blade. It’s strong enough to keep the rubber attached to the blade.
It’s a contact glue but leaves almost no residue. Just apply a new glue layer and smack the rubber on. Gluing takes just 10 minutes for both sides.
And when you’re done you can use it to glue some photos of your grandma in the photo album. 😁
An even easier approach would be the contact glue in a spray can, sold by 3M and other manufacturers. Pfft on the rubbers-Pffft on the blade and as they say "Bob is you uncle and Fanny is your aunt" 😁

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
why not, as an amateur, use whatever glue you want.
Yes, I agree. Most player in my clubs have never even heart about ITTF anyway.
Amateurs of course often go to the local sport shop and bring back one of those horrible ready-made units and the notion of changing rubbers never enters their mind.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Analysis is maybe a too big word I have no skills to perform such, it will be rather shared opinion when the opened green one be will be almost empty then I will open blue one and maybe will notice any difference. From some time I have been using green one and that why I ordered additional bottles as its really good.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Finally came, this time very fast. Previously I was waiting almost 2 months, and this time only 2 weeks.
View attachment 28353
they sure have pulled their socks up when it comes to the speed of delivery. On the other hand, I still received a blade that was advertised as carbon outer but is a carbon inner 😁