How to remove the glue from the rubber's sponge?

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
Use paint thinner or booster on it. It will make the glue softer and you can remove it easier. Paint thinner is probably the best option since it evaporates quickly and it is more 'aggressive'. After let to rubber air for a few days so the nasty smell is gone.

On another note I have bought a bottle of Sueke No1 glue. I wonder if the difference is only in the bottle color.
I love the No2, best glue I ever touched so far but maybe the No1 is also as good but with slightly different properties.
The sueke 2 glue I have is very thick. it comes out of the bottle as a turd. Is that normal?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The sueke 2 glue I have is very thick. it comes out of the bottle as a turd. Is that normal?
Maybe not normal and the photo you posted when all your bottles arrived
showed the bottles are now different and your sponges are red and mine where white.Still, if your turd is so thick that it cant be spread evenly on the rubber and the blade , try decantering a part of the turd-bottle into empty bottle and try to thin it slowly with water first. Next step will be a solution of water with a very low percentage of Ammonia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Not normal at all, I think you got spoiled glue. Problem is that during winter the shipping is an issue. It's water based glue so I guess it can freeze and then the remaining stuff turns into a turd. It has a storage temp range on the bottle from the top of my head I think 5-25deg, but just imagine it sits in a non heated warehouse for a week in sub zero temps...

Not sure what lodro is saying works or no or how good the result will be but I suppose you better order a new bottle if you still want it. (I'm sure it should work but how well... The turd that remains looks awfully similar to the cautchuk that drips into the catching pot... If someone cares to check how they extract cautchuk from a tree there are videos on YouTube.)
Now it's spring so less chance for this to occur. Thankfully it's a cheap glue.

Sorry about your loss.

Reactions: riemsesy