Hurricane 9 official news

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hopefully only the pink ones have this problem otherwise it would be a no-go. Half tacky: Could be good competition for all those ESN hybrid rubbers and good for backhand.

The green and purple versions use the #80 sponge in H8-80. They are meant to compete with ESN rubbers in the BH market. Being half tacky will provide the speed needed for BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022

Exactly what I was thinking indeed: the typical FH rubber for mainstream EJ amateur players who wants something that "looks like" the real deal. Their hardnesses says a lot about their marketing strategy. It's an amateur/hobby player thing, it's even softer than the H3 NEO commercial versions.

Pink, blues or green?
Next generation sticky RUBBER for children!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mocker88
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Pink, blues or green?
Next generation sticky RUBBER for children!

Thats the basic idea!!! To try and make TT a little more attractive to youngsters, instead of the boring to look at red black combo that everyone has to use, now there will be some more scope to be a bit more ‘individual’.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
for me it is rubber for backhand, maybe you can get in future two different colors on both sides so one will be ESN professional rubber like Dynaryz AGR/ZGR and second on backhand will be Hurricane 9-80 that's why I didn't care right now and the price is too high

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
It is personal attack when you try taunts me in three different threads between 10 minutes
Sorry guy you can say whatever you want in thread that Upsidedowncarl bloke but not here OK? IT is clear offtopic which only shows that you have bad manners and upsidedowncarl said it is my fault that you make a joke about me, okay but he haunts me without any reasons, so I feel bad when someone talk about me in different threads like it was my fault if the blade broke without my interference, okay ? thanks

This user has no status.
It is personal attack when you try taunts me in three different threads between 10 minutes
Sorry guy you can say whatever you want in thread that Upsidedowncarl bloke but not here OK? IT is clear offtopic which only shows that you have bad manners and upsidedowncarl said it is my fault that you make a joke about me, okay but he haunts me without any reasons, so I feel bad when someone talk about me in different threads like it was my fault if the blade broke without my interference, okay ? thanks
Okay, I get it, I apologize.

I have deleted the posts you’re upset by, I hope that helps.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Konrad Bak

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Okay this news is not official, but two sheets of H9 showed up at my club yesterday. The neighborhood ej only glued up the purple one 37 degrees. I didn't get to hit with it, there was a queue. But it's not tacky at all. Picks up a ball for zero ms.

I'm trying the H8-80 38 and I like the sponge. It doesn't need booster, and my coach thinks it's better for me than boosted 39 degree regular H8. So I'd like to try the H9 with the #80 sponge. Colors look nice too. I'm just not sure how much difference one topsheet being tacky vs not at all will make.

This user has no status.
Okay this news is not official, but two sheets of H9 showed up at my club yesterday. The neighborhood ej only glued up the purple one 37 degrees. I didn't get to hit with it, there was a queue. But it's not tacky at all. Picks up a ball for zero ms.

I'm trying the H8-80 38 and I like the sponge. It doesn't need booster, and my coach thinks it's better for me than boosted 39 degree regular H8. So I'd like to try the H9 with the #80 sponge. Colors look nice too. I'm just not sure how much difference one topsheet being tacky vs not at all will make.
It’s been out for a while now. A bunch of sellers are promoting it in China.
my friend got the blue one. It felt horrible to me, not enough grip, and not enough “bite” into the sponge either. It’s like the worst of both worlds, a non tacky top sheet with a dense, dead sponge.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
It’s been out for a while now. A bunch of sellers are promoting it in China.
my friend got the blue one. It felt horrible to me, not enough grip, and not enough “bite” into the sponge either. It’s like the worst of both worlds, a non tacky top sheet with a dense, dead sponge.

The #80 red sponge feels very different from the #20 orange or #22 blue sponge. 80 is not made to be boosted, or at least I can't imagine why anyone would choose it and still boost. It's not dead out of the package.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

The #80 red sponge feels very different from the #20 orange or #22 blue sponge. 80 is not made to be boosted, or at least I can't imagine why anyone would choose it and still boost. It's not dead out of the package.

The #80 sponge is a ESN killer. It's very lively, provides clear feedback, fast and generates a decent amount of spin.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
So what's the difference between the H9 topsheet and H8, now that both come with #80 sponge? Is the tackiness of H8 the only difference?

Oh, it doesn't matter. I'll have to buy a sheet of H9 no matter what. Purple or green is the only decision point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I didn't try 80' sponge but what I found from using ESN hybrid - sticky rubbers...not linear attitude after hours of use, like this rubber is different if it is new or have 20hours but when it have 60 hours the sponge it is too bouncy so
if 80' sponge is ESN killer, it makes me believe that is truu

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I got to hit with my club ej's H9. It was 37 degree purple with the 80 sponge. It's fast for me, coming from boosted regular H8 or unboosted H8-80. Of course he has it on an HL5 and I use NAC outer, so his blade is like twice as fast. But still, I felt the absence of tack.

Bottom line H9 felt fine, okay, like any modern fast ESN rubber. It would be more useful to try it on my own blade. But based on one brief hit, and it costing twice as much as H8-80, why bother?

I do really like the #80 sponge so far, have played and trained a few weeks with 38 degree H8-80. So if you are interested in the sponge but don't want to mess with tacky rubber then H9 could be a good one to try.

Reactions: pilami and ttarc