I need help with technique: FH loop / top-spin against short backspin ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes you can tweak the amount of lift and pressing down easily with your body instead of with the arm.

There's also 2 ways of looping half long balls. One is a slow spinny loop (which the girl is doing) where you wait for the ball to drop - the other one (my preference) is much more forward and hitting focused - you never wait for the ball to drop, just for it to come off the end of the table. Imo both are very difficult and the girl is training more of the former. Especially against good servers sometimes it is very easy to misjudge where the 2nd bounce will land.
I see you are in Melbourne
Do you recognise these 2 girls?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
In my usual game play, if the ball has no spin, and I were to loop upwards, the ball will surely fly over the table. Why is she able to get the ball on the table. Is it due to her brushing the ball thinly?
I was training the player to play with more spin.
If you only play with spin, the ball will always spin onto the table with an arc.
If you only hit the ball with power and not enough spin, the ball won't arc back in.

So the answer to your question is - spin the ball more.
So you will just need to practice to balance spin and power and know when to use more spin and less power.
the weight, waiting and quick acceleration is the key

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I played against a few juniors before but haven't actually seen them lol...
Well, both are at Loops and both represent Australia in the junior level.
Sanaya (the one is in the video) is actually playing in the WJTTC at the moment

Here is a video I made of them in Taiwan recently where I took them to Lin's former school for 3 days during their 8 week stay in Taiwan

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
Well, both are at Loops and both represent Australia in the junior level.
Sanaya (the one is in the video) is actually playing in the WJTTC at the moment

Here is a video I made of them in Taiwan recently where I took them to Lin's former school for 3 days during their 8 week stay in Taiwan

No wonder... loops is super far from where I live haha...