Is Sanwei Target National a good forehand rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
As you can see it is based on self experience and the good think with Target National is that is super cheap and you can give it a try. I got to know this rubber at the middle of the season, at the beginning I thought it was not for me, but I gave a chance couple of trainings more and now is my only choice for FH rubbers. It is spiny but easy to control, fast for attacking and good for chopping close to the net. IF you want to give it a try, let me know, I have a promo code for buying it even cheaper in their web page. Regards And success with your choice.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
Sanwei gave me a discount code, I think it's still working for all products on their website: PASSION

And yes, if you have good technique definitely give the Target National a try but you have to use Haifu Seamoon same way as Hurricane III blue sponge and need to play couple hours for tackiness to stabilise (be patient!!) or else it will be a very negative experience. It's worth the effort. Enjoy.

Reactions: kindof99 and DiegOX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Sanwei gave me a discount code, I think it's still working for all products on their website: PASSION

And yes, if you have good technique definitely give the Target National a try but you have to use Haifu Seamoon same way as Hurricane III blue sponge and need to play couple hours for tackiness to stabilise (be patient!!) or else it will be a very negative experience. It's worth the effort. Enjoy.
I hear the it does not work well with Haifu because of the kind of sponge, this you try it?? I would suggest use it as such with just glue.

Regards.

This user has no status.
I hear the it does not work well with Haifu because of the kind of sponge, this you try it?? I would suggest use it as such with just glue.

Regards.
left is Target National, right is Hurricane III Provincial. 3 layers Haifu Seamoon each. Plays almost exaclty the same, Hurricane throw is slightly higher. Target has a bit more kick and speed when doing very hard FH drive with full arm extension. Sponge is very very similar. Tested at same time back to back with two same blades.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-18 112738.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-18 112738.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
left is Target National, right is Hurricane III Provincial. 3 layers Haifu Seamoon each. Plays almost exaclty the same, Hurricane throw is slightly higher. Target has a bit more kick and speed when doing very hard FH drive with full arm extension. Sponge is very very similar. Tested at same time back to back with two same blades.
Thanks for sharing 👍 good to know

Reactions: Tony Funk My Racket
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I am impressed that you can get STN and Hurricane Provincial blue sponge to curve like that. I put two layers on mine and both sponges barely curve at all. I used to boost Hurricane commercial orange sponge and that does curve up like that.

I agree with you in regarding to STN v.s. Hurricane Provincial blue sponge. I find STN just a bit less dynamic than Hurricane blue sponge but they are close enough!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I would recommend pinyi cuifeng blue sponge. Unboosted or boost one layer is good. Needs break in even if unboosted though. But very solid, lower throw than h3, a bit less top-end spin that h3. But very direct and straight flying arc. Easier to generate speed and spin than h3. Tackiness is around h3 level??
Where can you buy these rubbers? It seems that one can only buy it in china.

This user has no status.
I am impressed that you can get STN and Hurricane Provincial blue sponge to curve like that. I put two layers on mine and both sponges barely curve at all. I used to boost Hurricane commercial orange sponge and that does curve up like that.

I agree with you in regarding to STN v.s. Hurricane Provincial blue sponge. I find STN just a bit less dynamic than Hurricane blue sponge but they are close enough!
The layers were "generous" and the Target reacted mainly with third layer. The first layer did very little, the second was like: meeeh. But the third was the kicker..

Reactions: JJ Ng