Is Sitga Rosewood NCT V and Tenergy 05 good combination?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Reactions: abhay
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
says Hello guys, I play the highest junior division in...
Jan 2012
Read 3 reviews
Hello.
I play that exact combination, and it is very good. But I do recommend boosting your 05 rubber on the Rosewood, because the 05 is hard surfaced, and the blade is also hard surfaced, and you can gain a little softness and touch by boosting it. I do that.

says Aging is a killer
Hello.
I play that exact combination, and it is very good. But I do recommend boosting your 05 rubber on the Rosewood, because the 05 is hard surfaced, and the blade is also hard surfaced, and you can gain a little softness and touch by boosting it. I do that.

Just curious. What do use and how do you apply it to get more 'softness and touch' ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks Carl for your inputs. I will go for the Tenergy 05 for fh and 80 as bh, with zlf. Just one last question... Is the zlf lighter than nct ? And in general will a difference in say 17gm be a noticeable difference?

Between a Rosewood NCT VII and an Innerforce ZLF, there should be a 10-15 gram difference depending on the blade you get since the weight of wood blades can always vary +/- 5 grams. 10 grams is a huge difference. Also, most people who play Butterfly blades always complain that Stiga blades are too heavy, even when you give them a Stiga blade that weighs the same amount as the Butterfly blade they are using. This is because Stiga makes blades with hollowed handles, even the ones that look like they are solid are actually hollowed. This makes the blades head heavy. The balance of the weight is in the head. With Butterfly blades, the handle is solid and heavy. The balance of weight is in the handle. So a Butterfly blade that is the same weight will feel lighter than a Stiga blade that is the same weight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Between a Rosewood NCT VII and an Innerforce ZLF, there should be a 10-15 gram difference depending on the blade you get since the weight of wood blades can always vary +/- 5 grams. 10 grams is a huge difference. Also, most people who play Butterfly blades always complain that Stiga blades are too heavy, even when you give them a Stiga blade that weighs the same amount as the Butterfly blade they are using. This is because Stiga makes blades with hollowed handles, even the ones that look like they are solid are actually hollowed. This makes the blades head heavy. The balance of the weight is in the head. With Butterfly blades, the handle is solid and heavy. The balance of weight is in the handle. So a Butterfly blade that is the same weight will feel lighter than a Stiga blade that is the same weight.

So essentially, NCT VII + Rakza 7(max) on both sides weighs more than Innerforce ZLF + Tenergy 80 2.1 + Tenergy 05 (2.1) , is it?

Jan 2012
Read 3 reviews
Just curious. What do use and how do you apply it to get more 'softness and touch' ?

Hello Tinykin.

I apply the Dandoy booster, which in my opinion is the best for Tenergy rubbers. You just spread the booster on the sponge.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So essentially, NCT VII + Rakza 7(max) on both sides weighs more than Innerforce ZLF + Tenergy 80 2.1 + Tenergy 05 (2.1) , is it?

I assume you mean Rosewood NCT VII. Yes the Rosewood NCT VII should weigh more with Rakza 7 on it than the Innerforce ZLF with Tenergy 80 and Tenergy 05.