Is the DHS Hurricane III Neo suited for slow spinny topspins?

This user has no status.
Will Not encourage you to boost, it will only eatup much of your time rather than spend your time honing your skills
Boosting with the right booster will only take 3 days and it will probably last 4-6 weeks....I would love to see what you can actually do to hone your skills within 3 days.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Boosting with the right booster will only take 3 days and it will probably last 4-6 weeks....I would love to see what you can actually do to hone your skills within 3 days.
You as a student a player 1day of training is impt. its all about discipline. Dont tell me you dont have a program plan when you train.
.And boosting is ILLEGAL.. as you should know [emoji4]. so if youre bragging and very proud about your knowledge about boosting then keep up the good work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
It's illegal, so I can't tell you.
But someone else said - applying boosters to the sponge :)
You get TT boosters, or you can use some oils. Something easy and doesn't boost too much is like baby oil

Never the less, its pretty troublesome and long process (take days for it to try etc)

What boosters? I find my HN3 a bit hard and want more dwell time. Is there a way to do that via boosting? If it's illegal you can always reply via PM :p

This user has no status.
I train 5/6 days a week and a day playing league matches while only 2 sessions are compulsory. No discipline is required when training sessions become the thing you wake up and look forward to everyday.

Of course I have a training program plan. But if 3 days of waiting can ensure that the quality of my shot goes up by a pretty big margin of 20+% with only 60% of the power u would have to use, the trade off seems pretty reasonable doesn't it? This is my conclusion after doing a before/after boosting test on my friend's 40deg 2.1 orange H3 National.

Also, its not like you cant train at all during the 3 days of waiting for the booster to sink in.

Illegal? Can you actually detect and prove that one is using VOC free boosters? Yes it is exploiting loopholes in the rules but even if you hold your virtues and not go for them, are you sure your competitors wont as well? Why make it difficult for yourself?
Toto Wolff from Mercedes Benz F1 Team once said this:
"Yes, there are tons of regulations in F1 imposed by the FIA, but we have about 200 top-notch engineers trying to find loopholes in them."
And look at them this season.

Well I dont do boosting myself, I don't even use VOC glues after the ban in 2010. But boosting is more or less a not-so-discreet secret by now isn't it? You dont actually believe that all these top notch player play without boosters do you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Oh sorry but your standards doesnt fit mine.. illegal is illegal.. and i wont encourage people to follow your bended mentally just to say you can play better with wrong doing. You are still young yet you are stupid enough to engage yourself with illegal stuff.
Oh just to let you know non fake H3 doesnt need boosting.

This user has no status.
Oh sorry but your standards doesnt fit mine.. illegal is illegal.. and i wont encourage people to follow your bended mentally just to say you can play better with wrong doing. You are still young yet you are stupid enough to engage yourself with illegal stuff.
Oh just to let you know non fake H3 doesnt need boosting.

Not sure about you, but I find it hard to make a powerful shot with a piece of unboosted 40 deg H3, and then recover in time to make another one of it. Maybe I am too used to the softer Japanese sponge.

I dont engage in it, but I dont care if my teammate or my opponents do it. I am all for players optimizing their game with anything that is not too blatantly illegal. It makes it more fun to play with and in this case, more spectacular.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Not sure about you, but I find it hard to make a powerful shot with a piece of unboosted 40 deg H3, and then recover in time to make another one of it. Maybe I am too used to the softer Japanese sponge.

I dont engage in it, but I dont care if my teammate or my opponents do it. I am all for players optimizing their game with anything that is not too blatantly illegal. It makes it more fun to play with and in this case, more spectacular.

I want to know how to boost.
What needs to be done?
What materials you need? etc...

I play only for recreational purpose but always enjoy making some awesome shots :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Not sure about you, but I find it hard to make a powerful shot with a piece of unboosted 40 deg H3, and then recover in time to make another one of it.

Answer is simple.. you talk too much about boosting H3 and yet presently is says on your profile that you dont use H3.. oh you also changed your rank from national to local. LoL

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Answer is simple.. you talk too much about boosting H3 and yet presently is says on your profile that you dont use H3.. oh you also changed your rank from national to local. LoL

I didn't change any settings except for my setup and signature ever since I join the forum. Probably just messing with it when i came in. Not sure what's your point for picking that out. Do you actually think I am that idiotic to think I am playing at a national level?

Also, not sure if your English is really that bad or is it you are simply too dim witted to not understand "I did a before and after test on my friends bat."
That guy is a Yun nan provincial 3rd team , and he said it himself he can't use it properly without boosting. I don't know about you but I won't question his level of stroke-correctness or his power exertion level (not sure what is it called exactly in English, but we the Chinese calls it 發力, go google translate it or something.)

So what if I know a lot about boosting and talk about it? I know a lot about choosing a single piece kiso hinoki blade by its wood pattern, even though I don't use it all that much. Isn't this what enthusiasts do? Can't a Motorsport fan talk about the tunings of a race car even if they don't drive it?

This user has no status.

Please guys don't move away from the topic. I am also interested in, if it is suited for slow spinny topspins and not if someone plays a boosted one or changed his rank from national to local. Important is the amount of opinions given in this thread. You see many different opinions regarding this rubber and decide for yourself thats it. And yeah so please stop with it.
As for me i use the Hurricane Neo 3 on my forehand and i can surely say that it is possible to make spinny and slow loops. Also i didn't boost this rubber but still even without it being boosted it is possible....The rubber just needs a time to break in, is what others also say. Yeah... :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Not sure about you, but I find it hard to make a powerful shot with a piece of unboosted 40 deg H3, and then recover in time to make another one of it..

Are you talking about your friend here yun an .. or is your english really bad? Hahahaha ok ok your posts are coming out funny now. Take my advice it will be helpful. " practice what you preach"

This user has no status.
Cakezxc280 practice what you preach. Peoples comments and shared points on this forum are based on experienced.. i looked at your profile a week ago hahahahaha. Idiotic? It came from your mouth not mine, it was your impression on yourself not mine. Practice what you preach. Thats all. Thats all.

Ha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. This is getting pathetic.

Are you talking about your friend here yun an .. or is your english really bad? Hahahaha ok ok your posts are coming out funny now. Take my advice it will be helpful. " practice what you preach"

Okay that just confirms it. You're helplessly ignorant and also a blithering idiot.
Yunnan
Hope this helps.

Practice what I preach? You keep use that phrase, I dont think it means what you think it means.
Mainly because it stopped your comments, which were as weird as it was, from making any sense.
I am practicing what I preach, and I am not afraid to admit you are doing it too. So I dont see the purpose of that post.

Mate. I was simply trying to rationalise and explain the use of boosters on a rubber that is hindered by its own sponge hardness, which i explicitly stated, was what I FEEL and IN MY OPINION. And you decided to pull personal and moral factors into this fiasco of an "argument", in which you simply dodge the challenges against your perspective and start picking on random things.

I am f**king done going in circles with you. Hope you do well in life with that incompetent mind of yours.

EDIT: 1 week ago I put my level as national? Pretty sure you got the wrong profile mate, even the signature was done like 2 weeks ago.
"The last 3 visitor(s) to this page were:
Pretty sure Mr. AndySmith visited my profile like half a year ago.
Either that or you can pass me that herb you've been smoking :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Not sure about you, but I find it hard to make a powerful shot with a piece of unboosted 40 deg H3, and then recover in time to make another one of it. Maybe I am too used to the softer Japanese sponge..

This is you talking about yourself.. i dont think you are talking about your friend.
Yah exactly practice what you preach.. and idiom meaning since you dont use H3 i dont see the point you being arrogantly explaining things about boosting H3 which is illegal. As simple as that. Then here comes your next post stating it was your friend.. hahahahahahaha [emoji1]

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This action is like a Ping Pong ball going back and forth, grab Ur popcorn, it's heating up. Fire it up moar or put it to rest, it's all good either way.

Throw Der_Echte under the bus anyone who wants. I put a little oil on the sponge of an H3 NEO a couple years back and it softened the sponge a little to my liking just fine. Was it a fast rubber? NO. Just a control rubber I made LESS tacky by wiping it constantly with sweat so it plays more Euro/Japanese. I use it on a spare bat on BH when I am in between main blades (they all seem to get too much battle damage !)

My normal BH rubber is un tuned XP 2008 S. Power. My FH rubber is either Aurus untuned or Evo series untuned.

Sometimes in summer, H3 NEO is a decent FH rubber substitute as it does much better than other rubbers in humid conditions, I mean extreme humid summer. T05 is worthless in those conditions.

I tried regular commercial orange sponged H3 (#19 sponge?) and it was so slow I wanted to assign a negative value to it. I reglued it and it improved to extremely slow. I don't think even 3-4 layers of lamp oil would save that rubber, it seemed to need some seriously strong tuner and I wasn't going to spend that money just to find out, I wasn't THAT bored. I simply moved it to a $3 blade I bought in Wallmart and gave it to a new player at the rec center. One of my suppliers always tosses in a freebie rubber or something that I either test and pass on or put on a blade I give to Soldiers. Cole helps out the military this way and with his help, I can help others.

We ask ourselves what is intent of LAW and letter of LAW and if the LAW is really a LAW or rightfully one that we obey like sheep. many things in our lives have LAWS made by governments that serve others' interests and not ours, but we are taught to follow along like quiet sheep and not complain or make a fuss, even if people die over the rules a govt makes and some others greatly financially profit (like say GMO pesticide laced products that are killing us made legal in US everywhere and no law requiring them to be properly labled so we can avoid them)

If anyone want so to be upset at someone who tunes a $20 rubber to make it 80% the performance of a $80 tenergy untuned and make a big deal about it, then go right ahead, I for one am not going to get in your way not in the way of an opponent who I KNOW tuned, cause I saw him tune his $20 rubber and talk about it on the forum. His tuning isn't going to help his footwork when I give him a fast underspin to his crossover that he fails to step-around in time and is comically off balance as he misses the shot. Instead of Cho, I would shout Falco Long ! or something.

I am not going to complain about the "factory" being able to tune a certain rubber for pennies extra cost, package it as "extra super duper special", then turn around and sell it for more dollars or Euros, yet if WE AMATURE players do the exact same thing to the exact same cheap rubber, we are cheaters and evil scum.

I am not going to complain about someone having the ability to "buy" his way to a superior performing rubber over a TT player with less money or willingness to spend on rubber and get a "lesser" performing rubber that is not tuned at factory.

If a poor player wants a rich man's rubber, he can sacrifice his meals or something or get good enough at TT to get sponsored and not worry about it.

You wont see me complaining about any of this, maybe just see me point out irony and hypocrisy of governments and IITF mandated & blindly followed by Natl assn, etc.

Anyone who wants to tune by me can do it all day long and sing along while they do it. Anyone who wants to call a tuner a cheater in public can do so all day long fine by me.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For the record, Rajah is an outstanding poster here on TTD and I haven't seen enough of Cake just yet since he is new, but I already see a vid of him and his posting to see a decent trend that he is legit to what he says.

Men shouldn't take any crap from anyone, it is their right to defend by attacking or defending or by silence, but it has got to end one day, from both sides.