is yasaka mark v a slow rubber compared to tensor rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
i have been using yasaka mark v for about 2 months.... the control,spin are exeptional...but i find it to be very slow......is it just my imagination?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Go back a few years and it was regarded as a fast rubber - almost one of the fastest around. But now as equipment technology has moved on it has moved back considerably on the speed charts (relatively speaking). Compared to tensor it is slower for sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Back in the day Mark V was THE rubber for gluing up with. I would be very surprised if Mark V + Tip Top was not considerably faster than Tenergy 05

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Back in the day Mark V was THE rubber for gluing up with. I would be very surprised if Mark V + Tip Top was not considerably faster than Tenergy 05

Yep, Mark V is for speed gluing. About a year and a half ago I used this guys racket and he had Joola Mambo on it which is pretty similar to Mark V and Sriver. It was speed glued. It felt soooooo good. With the speed glue it definitely felt better than Tenergy. Without the speed glue, it feels like a slow rubber. And the sound it made was soooo good.

Last edited: