Is your club organizing a Year-end Tournament?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Our club organizes a last tournament.
Anyone may join (family, neighbor etc) and many members have created delicious treats for the evening.
In the meantime there will be tournament where everyone wins a price.
sounds great.
One of my clubs is having its summer-break now and the other closed shop on the 22 of december and will play again on the 11th of January.
Big summer holiday now here.
All the best to you and your friends

Reactions: riemsesy
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I always felt people is southern hemisphere are cursed & are satan’s children because God gave you summer in December so you can NEVER have a white Christmas

Oh Well

But then of course we don't freeze our arses off, do we.
And of course the majority here isn't doing the Satan/ Dog thingy anymore either, I mean, why would you when you can have a barbeque near the beach between swims 🤣 :devilish:

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Just came home from my club internal tourney. The result as follows:
1. Stage 1: Round Robin Format. There are six pairs per team. And there are two teams: A & B. I was placed in Team B. The first four pairs in terms of points get to go to the knock-out stage. Winners get two points while the losing pairs get only one point. I won three games and lost two and obtained the 3rd placing in my team. Hence I advanced to the knock-out stage.

2. Stage 2: Knock-out format. In this stage I could not go pass to the semi-finals as the pair that I am unlucky to meet is the top seeded pair. But the saving grace was we nearly defeated the top seeded pair. I was in the lead with 1-0, then 1-1, followed by 2-1. In the 4th set, I was leading 5-1, then 6-4 but after that everything went downhill. I lost the 4th set and had to fight it out in the fifth and final set and our game-play continue to go downhill from there on with a final score at Game 5 losing 2-11.

The saving grace was, we were the only pair that managed to trouble the top seeded pair and brought them to G5. This top seeded pair eventually went on to take the champion spot.

Below is the video of one of the game. I did not take all the games ( six games in total ).

Last edited:
says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
Just came home from my club internal tourney. The result as follows:
1. Stage 1: Round Robin Format. There are six pairs per team. And there are two teams: A & B. I was placed in Team B. The first four pairs in terms of points get to go to the knock-out stage. Winners get two points while the losing pairs get only one point. I won three games and lost two and obtained the 3rd placing in my team. Hence I advanced to the knock-out stage.

2. Stage 2: Knock-out format. In this stage I could not go pass to the semi-finals as the pair that I am unlucky to meet is the top seeded pair. But the saving grace was we nearly defeated the top seeded pair. I was in the lead with 1-0, then 1-1, followed by 2-1. In the 4th set, I was leading 5-1, then 6-4 but after that everything went downhill. I lost the 4th set and had to fight it out in the fifth and final set and our game-play continue to go downhill from there on with a final score at Game 5 losing 2-11.

The saving grace was, we were the only pair that managed to trouble the top seeded pair and brought them to G5. This top seeded pair eventually went on to take the champion spot.

Below is the video of one of the game. I did not take all the games ( six games in total ).
What is that you do with your hand/thumb underneath the table just before a serve?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
What is that you do with your hand/thumb underneath the table just before a serve?
Communicating btw partners using hand signal on what serves to use so that the other one knows tactically what to do next: where to stand, preparing for FH attack of BH attack, prepare weight to be centered on the Left feet or right feet. All these are vital communication for a successful doubles partnership.

It can be the server who tells his partner what serves he will serve or vice-versa. In my case, I let my partner tell me what serve he wants me to serve so that he is tactically prepared to react accordingly.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
No season end tournaments at my club, but my league and club open the new season with two tournaments.

Fall 2023 league ended first weekend of December, new Spring 2024 season starts last week of January. First weekend of January is my local leagues tournament for all classes, goal is to make it out of groups, which will be a challenge.

The second weekend of January my clubs annual Club Championships are held. All level of players in a group stage, top 2 goes to a winner bracket, rest to an alternate bracket. Last year I got to top 16 in the alternate bracket, so striving for a top 8 this year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Nothing end of year competition wise but did catch up and have a friendly hit with a couple of the forum members at two of the venues over Christmas.

Great time had by all I will say 😊