ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The 3rd players who didn't want to play want to play now. Can't wait to find out who.

混合団体ワールドカップへの参加ついて
https://jtta.or.jp/news/16312
混合団体ワールドカップについて、お知らせ
https://jtta.or.jp/news/16282

日本がITTF混合団体ワールドカップに参戦。ITTFが「参加許可」
https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/134883
ようやく日本の参戦が決まり、代表選手は近日中に発表の予定。ほぼベストメンバーを送り込むと思われる。
It has finally been decided that Japan will participate in the tournament, and the representative players will be announced soon. It seems like they will be sending almost all of their best members.

参加? 不参加? 混合団体ワールドカップの参加許可を日本は待っている 
https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/134534

Slapstick drama... LOL
【卓球】ドタバタの末に…日本が中国で開催の混合団体W杯出場へ ファンは賛否
https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/282450
 このドタバタ劇にファンからは「日本の卓球界の進展を喜びつつ、さらに国際交流を大いに推進してほしいと思います」「こういうドタバタのしわ寄せはすべて選手にいく」「混乱させた罰として(中国選手はTリーグの)試合に参加させない等の処置をしないと日本は甘く見られる」などさまざまな声が上がっている。

Jan 2018
Ito means it. No singles, no team.

https://jtta.or.jp/tour/16320
男子選手
張本 智和(智和企画)WR9
戸上 隼輔(明治大学)WR31
吉山 僚一(日本大学)WR137
曽根  翔(T.T彩たま)WR272

女子選手
早田 ひな(日本生命)WR5
平野 美宇(木下グループ)WR17
木原 美悠(木下グループ)WR24
張本 美和(木下グループ)WR13

混合団体ワールドカップの日本代表を発表。張本、戸上、早田、平野などで臨む
https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/135576

卓球混合団体W杯 一転参加の日本はエース張本智和、早田ひなら8人が出場 伊藤美誠はメンバー入りせず
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2023/11/13/0017023663.shtml
 男子は世界ランク最上位の張本智、パリ五輪代表選考ポイント2位の戸上隼輔(明大)らが名を連ね、同3番手の田中佑汰、4番手の篠塚大登らは不参加。女子は世界ランク5位の早田、同17位の平野美宇(木下グループ)、同13位の張本美和(木下アカデミー)らが出場するが、同9位の伊藤美誠(スターツ)はメンバーに入らなかった。

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ito means it. No singles, no team.

https://jtta.or.jp/tour/16320

Announcement of Japan's representative for the Mixed Team World Cup. Visit Harimoto, Togami, Hayata, Hirano, etc.
https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/135576

Japan's ace Tomokazu Harimoto and Hinara Hayata will participate in the Table Tennis Mixed Team World Cup, with eight players participating, but Mima Ito will not be included in the team.
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2023/11/13/0017023663.shtml
Somewhat unrelated but do you know what has happened to Yukiya Uda? He looked like a very strong player for the japan national team but have barely seen him recently and again isnt selected for a japan team event

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
That's fine. It leaves a spot open for a player that wants it.

On the men's side, a bit surprising Matsushima is not going. Yuta Tanaka would have also made it interesting.
Matsushima will be busy with the 2023 World Youth Championships from 26 Nov to Dec 3, so this may be a factor why he wasn't considered. Given the format, where one match is Men's Doubles, it might have been ideal to have chosen a lefty like Uda, Shinozuka, Kizukuri, or Morizono rather than Sone or Yoshiyama. The current Men's roster guarantees a righty-righty Men's Doubles pair, which shouldn't be the case given the surplus of lefties in Japan.

Given that WR points will be awarded, perhaps Japan's Coaching Staff may consider playing strictly playing Hirano for Women's Singles and save Hayata for both Mixed Doubles with (either T. Harimoto or Togami) and Women's Doubles (with either M. Harimoto or Kihara.) Hayata is the only lefty among both men and women, making her ideal for doubles this time around (even if she is also exceptional singles players). Hirano is just outside the Top 16 for WTT Women's Finals Nagoya, and Zhang Rui and Cheng I-Ching aren't playing this tournament, so if she plays singles and wins a good number of matches, she may take the 16th and last spot for the WTT Women's Finals. Hirano is only 10 WR pts behind Zhang Rui in the Race.

The playing system where a player can play only a maximum of 2 individual matches and the mixed doubles players cannot play singles will produce some intriguing lineups. See the playing system here:

Jan 2018
Ito has lost the support of 5ch users.

https://mao.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/pingpong/1699140979/
0565名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/11(土) 17:06:27.66ID:nlksPqJB
選考会のドローは平野が伊藤よりは有利だけど
俺を含めた伊藤ファンはもし伊藤が張本に負けても文句は言えない
なぜなら第5回選考会で同じように平野が準々決勝で張本と当たってストレートで勝っているのだから
もちろん張本はその時より強くなっているがそれを言い訳にするぐらいなら本当に伊藤にシングルス出る資格はないと思う
Hirano has an advantage over Ito in the selection draw
Ito fans, including myself, can't complain if Ito loses to Harimoto
This is because Hirano faced Harimoto in the QF in the same way at the 5th selection trial [TL's note: Zennoh Cup Tokyo] and won in straight games
Of course, Harimoto has gotten stronger since then, but if she's going to use that as an excuse, then I don't think Ito really has the qualifications to compete in singles

0692名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 12:34:57.18ID:+bQrWWT1
前向きに考えると平野はファイナル出れなくても良かったのかもね
昨日の試合見てると復調しだしたみたいだし、
逆にここのところ海外とTリーグでずっと酷使され続けた美和を見てると6〜7月頃と同じ勤続疲労ぶりが出てしまっている
平野にとってはパリでドローが悪くなってしまうのは仕方ないが、とにかく2枠目を死守しなければドローもへったくれもないので、ファイナルで早田はともかく伊藤や美和の負けっぷりを見ながらほくそ笑むぐらいでいいと思う
Thinking positively, maybe it isn't a bad thing that Hirano couldn't make the WTT Finals
Looking at yesterday's match, it seems like she's starting to get back into shape
On the other hand, looking at Miwa, who has been overworked overseas and in the T.League for a long time now, she seems to be showing the same fatigue from work as she did from June to July
It can't be helped that Hirano gets a bad draw in Paris, but if she doesn't protect the 2nd spot, she won't get a good draw either, so putting aside Hayata, for the WTT Finals, I think it's fine for her to smile while watching Ito and Miwa lose

0696名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 16:23:43.07ID:KYWdtQ++
混合団体は  早田 平野 木原 美和
伊藤は辞退か?
本当に国際大会出なくていいよ。
XT: Hayata, Hirano, Kihara, Miwa
Did Ito decline?
Really doesn't need to participate in international competitions

0697名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 17:09:13.15ID:1SxEeaMT
早田はミックスのランキング上げたいだろうから伊藤はシングルスのランキングを上げるチャンスなのに辞退するのかな
Hayata probably wanted to raise the XD ranking, so Ito declined the chance to raise the WS ranking?

0698名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 17:20:33.14ID:cChSgMWn
木張がダブルスで早田がミックスで平野がシングルスってことか
KiHari for WD, Hayata for XD, and Hirano for WS?

0704名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 19:18:30.51ID:1Ho7EbTY
早田をシングルスに使うには張本兄妹のミックスもあるのかな
男女合わせて左は早田だけだとペアの選択肢が狭まる
If using Hayata for WS, then the Harimoto siblings for XD?
If Hayata is the only lefty of both men and women, the pairing options will be narrowed down

0706名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 19:37:57.42ID:A9BTNreQ
>>697
伊藤はこれ以上海外にデータを吸い取られたくないから辞退したんじゃね?
あるいはあんまりパリポイント対象試合以外に出すとまた試合数が多過ぎるだのケツが痛いだの駄々こねだすから協会の方が敬遠したか
たとえ中学生だろうがぶっ壊れそうになるまでこき使う木下からすれば願ったりだけどね
Ito probably declined because she didn't want any more data to be absorbed overseas?
Or did the association shy away from it because if she played too many matches other than those eligible for Paris Points, she'd start complaining about how there were too many matches and how her butts hurt?
Even though a junior high school student, I wish Kinoshita would push her until she almost breaks down

0707名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 19:42:50.32ID:cChSgMWn
世界ランク考えたらファイナルに専念する選択もありじゃないか
Considering the world ranking, wouldn't it be possible to focus on the WTT Finals?

0716名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 21:02:52.36ID:izYQCIh8
伊藤いなくても良くね?
Wouldn't it be better if Ito wasn't there?

0717名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 21:13:18.83ID:pydFLcc5
はい
Yes

0718名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 21:35:39.87ID:jcs2bFN8
>>716
それはこないだの団体戦でも言われていた
That was also said in the team match the other day

0719名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 21:54:22.06ID:ALyuYB2R
協会はもうわがままデコちゃん見捨てちゃえばいいと思うな
選考2位に入ったらどうしようもないけど3位だったらバッサリでいいでしょ
I think the association should abandon the egocentric deco-chan
If she comes in 2nd place, then there's nothing you can do about it, but if she comes in 3rd place, then just "cut her off" without hesitation

0720名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 22:10:47.03ID:5qtPoCXH
伊藤はもう代表チーム編成の中心からは外されてるんじゃないかね
最近孤立感がはんぱないし
I think Ito has already been removed from the center of the national team composition
The feeling of isolation has gotten stronger and stronger lately

0722名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 22:24:38.48ID:RvghZAIC
親友(?)の早田さんも伊藤がいない代表団体戦に慣れてしまうな
つーかフランクフルトでも絡んでる姿がまったくなかったけど
Her best friend Hayata-san is also getting used to the team event without Ito
Speaking of which, they didn't seem to be intertwined at all in Frankfurt

0726名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 22:38:51.53ID:A9BTNreQ
でも俺は中国にたどり着くまでは伊藤は必要だと思うんだけどな
平野だと中国どころか下手をするとインドやドイツあたりに足すくわれそうな気がするし
他の団体競技みたいに試合ごとにターンオーバーとかリザーブがスタメンと途中交代なんてできればいいのに
But I think Ito is necessary before meeting China
If it's Hirano, I feel like if we don't do well we'll be crushed by India or Germany, let alone China
It would be nice if there were turnovers and reserves that could replace the starting lineup halfway through each game like in other team sports

0730名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 22:51:51.90ID:m8qvw7Ke
>>726のような意見をたまに見かけるが平野について誤解されているようなので説明さると
平野は東京五輪の前も移籍が安定しないときがあって不安定さを心配する人がいた
しかし結果としては平野は大きな団体戦に強かった
五輪、世界卓球、ワールドカップの団体戦では中国以外のシングルスに全勝している
I sometimes see opinions like 726, but it seems like there is a misunderstanding about Hirano, so I would like to explain
Even before the Tokyo Olympics, there were times when Hirano's transfers were unstable, and some people were worried about the instability
However, in the end, Hirano was strong in large team event
She won all singles matches against non-CNT teams in the Olympics, WTTC, and Team World Cup

Last edited:
Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Matsushima will be busy with the 2023 World Youth Championships from 26 Nov to Dec 3, so this may be a factor why he wasn't considered. Given the format, where one match is Men's Doubles, it might have been ideal to have chosen a lefty like Uda, Shinozuka, Kizukuri, or Morizono rather than Sone or Yoshiyama. The current Men's roster guarantees a righty-righty Men's Doubles pair, which shouldn't be the case given the surplus of lefties in Japan.

This is better than Japan double lefty at tokyo
Given that WR points will be awarded, perhaps Japan's Coaching Staff may consider playing strictly playing Hirano for Women's Singles and save Hayata for both Mixed Doubles with (either T. Harimoto or Togami) and Women's Doubles (with either M. Harimoto or Kihara.) Hayata is the only lefty among both men and women, making her ideal for doubles this time around (even if she is also exceptional singles players). Hirano is just outside the Top 16 for WTT Women's Finals Nagoya, and Zhang Rui and Cheng I-Ching aren't playing this tournament, so if she plays singles and wins a good number of matches, she may take the 16th and last spot for the WTT Women's Finals. Hirano is only 10 WR pts behind Zhang Rui in the Race.

The playing system where a player can play only a maximum of 2 individual matches and the mixed doubles players cannot play singles will produce some intriguing lineups. See the playing system here:

What you say makes sense if things are run like CNT, but I won't think Hayata who will think like that and agree to it.
In the real world - its each for they own.
You see, the problem with doubles and XD, it doesn't help individual ranking points.
So, everyone will prefer to play singles and Hayata is no difference.
Why should Hayata sacrifice for someone else and gain useless double ranking points?

This is why this mixed team world cup is really... just for fun and can't be taken serious

Taiwan's side, it was asked who wants to go... not many was interested.
Again, whats the point of going to play doubles, or mixed doubles

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

Thanks, apacible. On the Race to the WTT Finals page it mentions "Only the Top 16 singles players and Top 8 doubles at the entry deadline receive a ticket to compete". However, I cannot find when the entry deadline is (WTT needs to do better communicating on website or providing a Prospectus). So it's not clear to me if the ranking results from the Mixed Teams tournament count towards the WTT Finals Women.

Reactions: apacible
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ito has lost the support of 5ch users.

https://mao.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/pingpong/1699140979/
0565名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/11(土) 17:06:27.66ID:nlksPqJB
選考会のドローは平野が伊藤よりは有利だけど
俺を含めた伊藤ファンはもし伊藤が張本に負けても文句は言えない
なぜなら第5回選考会で同じように平野が準々決勝で張本と当たってストレートで勝っているのだから
もちろん張本はその時より強くなっているがそれを言い訳にするぐらいなら本当に伊藤にシングルス出る資格はないと思う
Hirano has an advantage over Ito in the selection draw

Ito fans, including myself, can't complain if Ito loses to Harimoto

This is because Hirano faced Harimoto in the QF in the same way at the 5th selection trial [TL's note: Zennoh Cup Tokyo] and won in straight games

Of course, Harimoto has gotten stronger since then, but if she's going to use that as an excuse, then I don't think Ito really has the qualifications to compete in singles

0692名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 12:34:57.18ID:+bQrWWT1
前向きに考えると平野はファイナル出れなくても良かったのかもね
昨日の試合見てると復調しだしたみたいだし、
逆にここのところ海外とTリーグでずっと酷使され続けた美和を見てると6〜7月頃と同じ勤続疲労ぶりが出てしまっている
平野にとってはパリでドローが悪くなってしまうのは仕方ないが、とにかく2枠目を死守しなければドローもへったくれもないので、ファイナルで早田はともかく伊藤や美和の負けっぷりを見ながらほくそ笑むぐらいでいいと思う
Thinking positively, maybe it isn't a bad thing that Hirano couldn't make the WTT Final
Looking at yesterday's match, it seems like she's starting to get back into shape
On the other hand, looking at Miwa, who has been overworked overseas and in the T.League for a long time now, she seems to be showing the same fatigue from work as she did from June to July
It can't be helped that Hirano gets a bad draw in Paris, but if she doesn't protect the 2nd spot, she won't get a good draw either, so putting aside Hayata, for the WTT final, I think it's fine for her to smile while watching Ito and Miwa lose

0696名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 16:23:43.07ID:KYWdtQ++
混合団体は  早田 平野 木原 美和
伊藤は辞退か?
本当に国際大会出なくていいよ。
Mixed group: Hayata, Hirano, Kihara, Miwa
Did Ito decline?

Really doesn't need to participate in international competitions

0697名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 17:09:13.15ID:1SxEeaMT
早田はミックスのランキング上げたいだろうから伊藤はシングルスのランキングを上げるチャンスなのに辞退するのかな
Hayata probably wants to raise the XD ranking, so Ito declined the chance to raise the WS ranking?

0698名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 17:20:33.14ID:cChSgMWn
木張がダブルスで早田がミックスで平野がシングルスってことか
KiHari is WD, Hayata is XD, and Hirano is WS?

0704名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 19:18:30.51ID:1Ho7EbTY
早田をシングルスに使うには張本兄妹のミックスもあるのかな
男女合わせて左は早田だけだとペアの選択肢が狭まる
If using Hayata for WS, then the Harimoto siblings for XD?
If Hayata is the only lefty of both men and women, the pairing options will be narrowed down

0706名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 19:37:57.42ID:A9BTNreQ
>>697
伊藤はこれ以上海外にデータを吸い取られたくないから辞退したんじゃね?
あるいはあんまりパリポイント対象試合以外に出すとまた試合数が多過ぎるだのケツが痛いだの駄々こねだすから協会の方が敬遠したか
たとえ中学生だろうがぶっ壊れそうになるまでこき使う木下からすれば願ったりだけどね
Ito probably declined because she didn't want any more data to be absorbed overseas?
Or did the association shy away from it because if she played too many matches other than those eligible for Paris Points, she'd start complaining about how there were too many matches and how her butts hurt?
Even though a junior high school student, I wish Kinoshita would push her until she almost breaks down

0707名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 19:42:50.32ID:cChSgMWn
世界ランク考えたらファイナルに専念する選択もありじゃないか
Considering the world ranking, wouldn't it be possible to focus on the WTT Final?

0716名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 21:02:52.36ID:izYQCIh8
伊藤いなくても良くね?
Wouldn't it be better if Ito wasn't there?

0717名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 21:13:18.83ID:pydFLcc5
はい
Yes

0718名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 21:35:39.87ID:jcs2bFN8
>>716
それはこないだの団体戦でも言われていた
That was also said in the team match the other day

0719名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 21:54:22.06ID:ALyuYB2R
協会はもうわがままデコちゃん見捨てちゃえばいいと思うな
選考2位に入ったらどうしようもないけど3位だったらバッサリでいいでしょ
I think the association should abandon the egocentric deco-chan
If she comes in 2nd place, then there's nothing you can do about it, but if she comes in 3rd place, then just "cut her off" without hesitation

0720名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 22:10:47.03ID:5qtPoCXH
伊藤はもう代表チーム編成の中心からは外されてるんじゃないかね
最近孤立感がはんぱないし
I think Ito has already been removed from the center of the national team composition.
The feeling of isolation has gotten stronger and stronger lately

0722名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 22:24:38.48ID:RvghZAIC
親友(?)の早田さんも伊藤がいない代表団体戦に慣れてしまうな
つーかフランクフルトでも絡んでる姿がまったくなかったけど
Her best friend Hayata-san is also getting used to the team event without Ito
Speaking of which, they didn't seem to be intertwined at all in Frankfurt

0726名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 22:38:51.53ID:A9BTNreQ
でも俺は中国にたどり着くまでは伊藤は必要だと思うんだけどな
平野だと中国どころか下手をするとインドやドイツあたりに足すくわれそうな気がするし
他の団体競技みたいに試合ごとにターンオーバーとかリザーブがスタメンと途中交代なんてできればいいのに
But I think Ito is necessary before meeting China
If it's Hirano, I feel like if we don't do well we'll be crushed by India or Germany, let alone China
It would be nice if there were turnovers and reserves that could replace the starting lineup halfway through each game like in other team sports

0730名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!
2023/11/13(月) 22:51:51.90ID:m8qvw7Ke
>>726のような意見をたまに見かけるが平野について誤解されているようなので説明さると
平野は東京五輪の前も移籍が安定しないときがあって不安定さを心配する人がいた
しかし結果としては平野は大きな団体戦に強かった
五輪、世界卓球、ワールドカップの団体戦では中国以外のシングルスに全勝している
I sometimes see opinions like 726, but it seems like there is a misunderstanding about Hirano, so I would like to explain
Even before the Tokyo Olympics, there were times when Hirano's transfers were unstable, and some people were worried about the instability
However, in the end, Hirano was strong in large team event
She won all singles matches against non-CNT teams in the Olympics, WTTC, and Team World Cup
If Ito, Hayata, Hirano, Miwa went
who will play single, who will play WD and who will play XD?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Thanks, apacible. On the Race to the WTT Finals page it mentions "Only the Top 16 singles players and Top 8 doubles at the entry deadline receive a ticket to compete". However, I cannot find when the entry deadline is (WTT needs to do better communicating on website or providing a Prospectus). So it's not clear to me if the ranking results from the Mixed Teams tournament count towards the WTT Finals Women.
On page 18 of the WTT Handbook (WTT Series and Feeder Series) - 2023, it reads:

The players and pairs who participate in the WTT Finals will be selected based on the respective ITTF TTWR list published after the end of the last event before the WTT Finals, or where WTT determines the need to implement a cut-off date due to extenuating circumstances.

The last event before the WTT Finals is the ITTF Mixed Team World Cup, with the relevant ITTF TTWR being the one published on 12 December 2023. The WTT Women's Finals starts on December 15.

Last year, the WTT Finals was from October 27-30, 2022 and the relevant ITTF TTWR used for qualification was the one published on 24 October 2022 (They published it on a Monday instead of the usual Tuesdays. It should have been 25 October 2022.) so that the 2022 WTT Finals player list could be released right away. The last event before the WTT finals was the 2022 WTT Champions Macao which was from October 19 to 23 October 2022.

Perhaps WTT will release the TTWR list on 11 December instead of 12 December again so that the player list for the WTT Women's Finals can be released right away.

Reactions: pongfugrasshopper
Jan 2018
Somewhat unrelated but do you know what has happened to Yukiya Uda? He looked like a very strong player for the japan national team but have barely seen him recently and again isnt selected for a japan team event
Like I touched on a month ago, he's turned his focus to domestic leagues. He signed up for WTT SCT Lanzhou 2023 but likely had to pull out due to low back pain.

宇田幸矢、感謝を胸に明大で最後の団体戦に強行出場「コートに立ちたかった」
https://hochi.news/articles/20230914-OHT1T51281.html?page=1
(13)秋季リーグ戦後コメント 宇田幸矢
https://meisupo.net/special/detail/14120
――パリ五輪に向けて、意気込みや目標をお願いします。

「まずは腰やコンディションをまず整えること。2週間後にスターコンテンダーが控えているので、まずはそこに向けて世界ランクを上げられるようにしっかり勝てるようになっていくことと、やはり一番はパリオリンピック選考だと思うので、上位というか優勝を目指して頑張りたいです。全日本もパリオリンピック選考の2カ月後に控えていて、そこまでには技術力だったり、メンタル、あとはコンディションを全部整えていきたいです」
--Please tell us your enthusiasm and goals for the Paris Olympics.

"First of all, I need to get my back and condition in shape. The Star Contender is coming up in 2 weeks, so first of all, I want to be able to win well so that I can raise my world ranking in preparation for that, and the most important thing is the Paris Olympics selection, so I want to do my best to get to the top, or rather, win. The All-Japan TTC will be held in 2 months after that, and I want to improve my technique, mental health, and overall condition by then."

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Jan 2018
Possible match-ups:
XD
WS
MS
WD/MD*
MD/WD*
* If required. The order of play for the last 2 matches shall be determined before the match by the team captain of the lower ranked team.
Each player is allowed to play in a maximum of 2 individual matches (doubles and singles) per team match.

Put another way, a player can play either:
XD and/or D
or
S and/or D

Without Hayata, Ito doesn't fit in at all:
Harimoto/Hayata, Togami/Harimoto, Harimoto/Harimoto for XD
Kihara/Harimoto, Hirano/Harimoto, Hayata/Hirano for WD
Yoshiyama/Sone?, Harimoto/Togami for MD

Ito's last WD match (w/ Hayata) and XD match (w/ Uda) were back at WTTC 2023 and WTT CT Zagreb 2022. Who would've thought Ito can't play anything other than singles now? 我估伊藤自己都冇諗過有一日會淪落到敢嘅田地。

https://mytabletennis.net/forum/for...eder-usa-fremont-5-3-westchester-5-10#1126167
01/2022
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202201270000627.html
Ito: I have graduated from mixed doubles! No Jun, no Mima!! I will focus on defeating China in singles and doubles from now on!!!

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...e=wtt-singapore-smash-2022-03-0703-20#1124862
Ito has become the limiting factor of the Ito/Hayata pair. There are points in which Ito is clearly not keeping up.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...le=european-summer-series-2022-7-1122#1128822
Ito's serve is a double-edge sword. Hayata often misses on the 3rd ball because SYS just redirects Ito's spin back at her. If Ito can't get an advantage early on, then once into the rally, her shot quality tops out sooner than the other 3.

At this point, JTTA should break up the pair and raise the ranking of Hayata/Kihara, Hayata/Hirano and Hayata/Harimoto just for a change.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...7&title=wtt-contender-tunis-2022-8-16#1129907
Hayata and now Harimoto are the 2 most valuable JNT players, who can play in WS/WD/XD w/ various partners. Ito's value has greatly diminished in this cycle, and at this point, she is just hoarding up Hayata and Uda. Hayata has won titles w/ Hirano/Miwa's brother/Togami.

https://mytabletennis.net/forum/for...=wtt-cup-finals-xinxiang-2022-10-2730#1134119
Ito's problem doesn't stop with her record against China. She no longer shows that overwhelming advantage over players from other countries like she did in the last Olympic cycle, whether it be WS or XD. WD is the only event she still has a chance, all because of Hayata, which is why she said she didn't want to play singles anymore at WTTC 2021.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...tle=wttc-finals-2022-chengdu-9-3010-9#1131688
Before drawing parallels between RSM and Ito, one should note that RSM never lost in straight games between 2003 and 2006. The 4 matches from late-2003 to late-2005 were actually close. Ito had a similar period against WMY between 2017 and 2019, and against SYS between 2018 and 2019. Yes, it ended in 2019.

I'm not suggesting Ito should not play. I'm responding to your suggestion that Hirano does not deserve to play if she couldn't beat Ishikawa, who keeps getting in the way. At this rate, Ito will be reduced to Ishikawa if she doesn't win. Coming close against a half-crippled opponent doesn't cut it. when multiple teammates show the potential with the same feat, it then comes down to your value, but Ito's value as the go-to player for singles, doubles and mixed doubles is also being chipped away right now. Once again, Ito is already getting in the way of Hayata by dragging her down in doubles. That's the dilemma Ito faces.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91479&PID=1132346
Ito: I want to play doubles only.
5aDry2h.jpg

Ito: No more singles.
qUFtU0B.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Baba: I definitely wanted to avoid anything that would put the players at a disadvantage.

日本、卓球混合団体W杯への参加が正式決定 馬場強化本部長「選手の不利益になるようなことは絶対に避けたかった」
https://hochi.news/articles/20231112-OHT1T51002.html?page=1
 日本卓球協会は11日、12月4~10日の混合団体W杯(中国・成都)への参加を表明した。この日の早朝に国際卓球連盟(ITTF)から「参加許可」のメールが届いた。これを受け、日本協会の馬場美香強化本部長がスポーツ報知の取材に応じ「選手の不利益になるようなことは絶対に避けたいという思いがあった。今回大会に参加できるということになり、それを避けることができたので非常に良かった」と語った。

そのため、参加申込期限の10月25日にITTFに対し、不参加の意向を伝えた。馬場氏は「強化本部としては来年の五輪まで1年を切っているので、選手の意志を尊重したいと考えていて、最初の締め切りの時には日本は不参加ということになった」と説明。だが、その後にITTFが一転してWRポイント対象大会とすることを決めた。

参加申込を締め切った後の後付けのルール変更だったため、日本はITTF側の手続き上の不備を主張した上で、締め切り後のエントリーについて打診した。前提条件が変わったことで危惧したのは、選手がWRのポイントを得られる可能性自体を失うこと。「(大会に)参加するかしないかは選手の自由ですが、ポイントが付かないという条件で最初は参加をしないということだった。後から付くとなった場合にどうするかということで、(参加か不参加かの)選択肢がなければ選手の不利益になる」。当初ITTF執行部からの回答の期日として伝えられていた6日を過ぎても連絡を待つ形となったが、参加が正式に認められ、まずは胸をなで下ろした。

出場選手については選手に再度意向を確認し、近日中に決定する方針だ。大会は混合ダブルス、シングルス2試合、男女ダブルスで構成され、各試合は3ゲームを必ず行い、8ゲームを先取したチームが勝利と変則的な方式で行われる。大会まで1か月も切っているが、馬場氏は「選手の意志を尊重した上で、出るからにはベストを尽くしたい。試合方式が少し変則的ですが、その中で緊張感であったり、経験や学ぶこともある。それをパリ五輪につなげていけるように(男女)両監督が進めていくと思うので、いい方向に向かってもらえたら」と期待を込めた。(林 直史)

JTTA:
rwxX8dY.jpg