Joola Tezzo Series is here !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hi everyone !

Some may have seen it, Joola has just announced the release of 4 new blades. It's a series with a more accessible price than the Dynaryz series, with an interesting design and composition. Vitor Ishiy and Deni Kozul (professional players) are already using them. The 4 blades have the outer plies in limba.

images.jpeg

61204_JOOLA_Tezzo-Guardian_01_web_600x600@2x.jpg
Joola Tezzo Guardian (59.90€)
The first is a clone of the Clipper in terms of construction. A 7-ply allwood blade whose recipe is far from unknown

61207_JOOLA_Tezzo-Paladin_01_web_600x600@2x.jpg
Joola Tezzo Paladin (59.90€)
A 5+2 ply blade with the carbon placed near the center (inner soft carbon blade). According to its description, it would be a very flexible All+. If it keeps its promises, we may have a perfect future looper blade.

61213_JOOLA_Tezzo-Spartan_01_web_600x600@2x.jpg
Joola Tezzo Spartan (84.90€)
A 5+2 blade with the carbon placed just below the outer pli (outer carbon blade). Composition similar to Dynaryz Freeze with a rather stiff wood.

61210_JOOLA_Tezzo-Warrior_01_web_600x600@2x.jpg
Joola Tezzo Warrior (99.90€)
Adopted by Vitor Ishiy, we find a composition similar to the Paladin but with the same type of carbon as that used in the Spartan. Stiffer and faster than the latter, it seems to be more suited to an international player.

I am not personally attracted by this brand but the Paladin model seems very promising to me. Feel free to share your reviews !

Last edited:
Reactions: Draycott old man
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Was it sanded that much when buying it? That’s a hell lot …

Some brands do a sanding like this (Victas for example). It's very comfortable and I appreciate this attention to detail. Usually I have to sand several times before being comfortable, but on this Joola the grip was done instantly (thanks to the handle and the sanding).

They were careful to stop just before the carbon fiber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Arround 85g, the weight is slightly in the head (the paddle size is slightly larger than normal). Very very flexible, with a lot of vibration and a very pleasant handle. We do not feel the carbon in terms of sensation, on the other hand we feel that it brings a small speed bonus. A real modern looper blade !
I love the design btw

Reactions: JustANoob
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Arround 85g, the weight is slightly in the head (the paddle size is slightly larger than normal). Very very flexible, with a lot of vibration and a very pleasant handle. We do not feel the carbon in terms of sensation, on the other hand we feel that it brings a small speed bonus. A real modern looper blade !
I love the design btw

Do you plan on measuring the frequency with spectrum analyzer? Curious to see what a inner carbon All+ blade measures in at.

This user has no status.
I love the design btw
What are the blade dimensitons?

says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
I just got a Paladin and very surprised by it's speed. Way more than I expected. It weighs 92.5g and measures at 1429hz! Feels very fast when bouncing a ball on it too. There's probably no point as I expect it to be to fast for me to play but I am gluing rubbers on it right now and will give it a go tonight.

Reactions: timdm and JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Forgot to report here
I got a Tezzo Warrior FL handle
- 88gr and 6mm thick
- thicker handle compared to Santoru Series and Vyzaryz series
- stiffer compared to other inner I tried before (HL5, Fang Bo and also Fang Bo X), more on direction of outer blades in terms of stiffness
- lower finish compared to Santoru series (rough handle) but with nice golden plates on it

I wouldn't like to make a proper review because I didn't keep it more than 30 min and put on sale.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I just got a Paladin and very surprised by it's speed. Way more than I expected. It weighs 92.5g and measures at 1429hz! Feels very fast when bouncing a ball on it too. There's probably no point as I expect it to be to fast for me to play but I am gluing rubbers on it right now and will give it a go tonight.

Mine is 85g that's why the speed is very confortable.

Jul 2019
Well I gave it a try yesterday, it is indeed pretty fast but also a lot more controllable than blades with ALC/ZLC in that speed range, very linear too. It's feels extremely stable when blocking or counterlooping. Due to it's speed it's also very easy to play away from the table. Only problems I had was that it has a slightly lower throw than I'm used to and opening up against backspin is not as easy/consistent as I'd like. Plus I feel a little slow with it because of the weight.

I quite like the feel of the blade and for the price it's a well built/finished blade. I have ordered another one in a lighter weight so curious to see how they compare, I'm expecting a completely different blade but hope it keeps it's stability.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Isnt the warrior supposed to be a HLV like blade (or clone)?
I don't know if it was the goal from Joola to make an HL5 clone or so but they are very different in terms of performance.

I think the blade shape make a great role on its difference. Warrior is more like BTY standard shape not slim and long like DHS HL5 or FB, this can make the blade stiffer.

Anyway, it's a good blade on its own but not close to HL5. Can't compare to W968 or any special DHS.

This user has no status.
Got my Tezzo Paladin. Weight is about 90.3 grams, thickness at 5.9mm and frequency at around 1430Hz. Glued Yinhe Jupiter 3 ASIA 38 deg black forehand and Yinhe Moon Speed soft for backhand. It feels like a wooden blade when playing at low to medium power shots. The sound is similar to my Fextra 7. Good control and feedback. Slightly head heavy (could be my rubbers).