This user has no status.
I’ve been playing Tibhar K3 on both sides of a Felix Lebrun OFF- for a month about 2-4 hours per day and love it. However I am starting to notice the drop in tackiness and performance and am wanting a more durable alternative that I don’t have to worry too much about taking care of. In anyone’s experience how does Fastarc G1 got FH and Fastarc P1 for backhand sound on the Lebrun OFF- or my spare FZD ALC? I am an intermediate level player playing a two wing loop style.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
in my experience there is no hybrid rubber out there that has a long life in tackiness. I think it may be due to the hybrid nature of tacky and tensor rubbers. I don't consider Fastarc a hybrid. They're not really tacky at all. Maybe Rakza Z is the one with the longest tackiness life.
Yeah Fastarc isn’t a hybrid but I would want to shift back to tensors because of its durability. In terms of G1 FH and P1 BH how would it be for a player like me compared to K3?

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I've used K3, G1, PK50 but not P1. The K3 is for advanced players since it has a lower throw and good for far away from table. When it's tacky it's good for close in but it will lose it's tackiness as you know. The G1 is probably good for your BH but as you advance you will want something a little faster.

This user has no status.
I've used K3, G1, PK50 but not P1. The K3 is for advanced players since it has a lower throw and good for far away from table. When it's tacky it's good for close in but it will lose it's tackiness as you know. The G1 is probably good for your BH but as you advance you will want something a little faster.
Yeah I agree with your analysis on K3 and I do think G1 would be a little too slow for my BH based on other reviews. I’ve heard that P1 is faster so that’s why i’m considering it. How is G1 for forehand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I’ve been playing Tibhar K3 on both sides of a Felix Lebrun OFF- for a month about 2-4 hours per day and love it. However I am starting to notice the drop in tackiness and performance and am wanting a more durable alternative that I don’t have to worry too much about taking care of. In anyone’s experience how does Fastarc G1 got FH and Fastarc P1 for backhand sound on the Lebrun OFF- or my spare FZD ALC? I am an intermediate level player playing a two wing loop style.
my 2.5 year old d09c is still tacky after a little wipe and wash. Apart from chinese rubbers, 09c is the best rubber for tackiness, with constant maitenance ofc

This user has no status.
my 2.5 year old d09c is still tacky after a little wipe and wash. Apart from chinese rubbers, 09c is the best rubber for tackiness, with constant maitenance ofc
I just do not want to have constant maintenance over my rubbers, which is why i’m considering fastarc g1 and p1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
I just do not want to have constant maintenance over my rubbers, which is why i’m considering fastarc g1 and p1
Hm.. I think he just means washing it after play and putting protections sheets. This isn't too much and it's a must for any sticky or semi sticky rubber. Definitely worth doing. K3 is one of the worst durability wise. Rakza Z and 09c are the one i would go for. Rakza Z will be stickier for longer probably just because it's way more sticky than 09c. But 09c keeps it's properties better after the stickiness is gone. Get yourself some protections sheets in either case.

This user has no status.
Hm.. I think he just means washing it after play and putting protections sheets. This isn't too much and it's a must for any sticky or semi sticky rubber. Definitely worth doing. K3 is one of the worst durability wise. Rakza Z and 09c are the one i would go for. Rakza Z will be stickier for longer probably just because it's way more sticky than 09c. But 09c keeps it's properties better after the stickiness is gone. Get yourself some protections sheets in either case.
Yes but I would rather have tensor rubbers so i don’t have to worry about all this

Yes but I would rather have tensor rubbers so i don’t have to worry about all this
I used to think the same way, now I can’t be without tacky rubbers on FH. It takes about two minutes to clean, let dry and then put the protection sheets in after a session. If You use a cleaner the rubber is dry in no time. The one think I don’t like so much is that it becomes a dust magnet and to get the stickiness back it needs to rest a little after cleaning.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Choosikick
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Tensor rubbers still suffer from drop in performance, some more so than others!! you just don't really notice as its gradual over time!! Factory boosted rubbers drop off quicker.
sticky or not, all my rubbers get protected with film in the case of tacky, and a plastic sandwich bag for tensor grippy rubbers,

Hybrids with good tackiness retention are Sieger PK50, Rakza Z, Tau2, Golden Tango, BTY D09C and G09C keep their minimal tackiness.

Reactions: Zwill and joshmak10
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
That’s good because I do struggle with the short game. Are they a good looping rubbers?

G1 is more well rounded, many use it on FH. P1 is good enough. I used to play D64 on BH, compared to P1, D64 can generate spin more easily.

Nonetheless, P1 is spinny enough on BH.

Reactions: joshmak10
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Yeah I agree with your analysis on K3 and I do think G1 would be a little too slow for my BH based on other reviews. I’ve heard that P1 is faster so that’s why i’m considering it. How is G1 for forehand?
So im sitting here tripping on the fact people say G1 is slow on a viscaria blade.
I see you are now playing it. Would you still feel this is slow?
Im playing Viscaria G1 max both sides and its super fast. My friend has same blade with the fastest donic rubbers out there. My setup is faster.
So what would you say now? Thoughts on your current setup?

This user has no status.
So im sitting here tripping on the fact people say G1 is slow on a viscaria blade.
I see you are now playing it. Would you still feel this is slow?
Im playing Viscaria G1 max both sides and its super fast. My friend has same blade with the fastest donic rubbers out there. My setup is faster.
So what would you say now? Thoughts on your current setup?
Interesting. I used to play T05H and D05 on a FZD ALC and found that hella fast. I’m currently playing the G1 and P1 on Viscaria Super ALC and find that setup slower, albeit both are only 2.0mm. Really like the new setup tho it’s very confidence inducing

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Interesting. I used to play T05H and D05 on a FZD ALC and found that hella fast. I’m currently playing the G1 and P1 on Viscaria Super ALC and find that setup slower, albeit both are only 2.0mm. Really like the new setup tho it’s very confidence inducing
ok its just me then.... to me its fast. But I never used those rubbers you mentioned. My brain cant really fathom something even faster than G1. you guys must have some god mode ninja fast acting nervous system out there haha.
I got the hybrid K3 arriving soon. Supposed to be faster too. I might get a reality check.

This user has no status.
ok its just me then.... to me its fast. But I never used those rubbers you mentioned. My brain cant really fathom something even faster than G1. you guys must have some god mode ninja fast acting nervous system out there haha.
I got the hybrid K3 arriving soon. Supposed to be faster too. I might get a reality check.
K3 isn’t too fast but don’t totally take my word for it I used it on a Tibhar Felix Lebrun OFF-. Also I should warn you that the durability of that thing really sucks which is why I’m not too fond of hybrids anymore, my H3 lasted around half a year or so

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
K3 isn’t too fast but don’t totally take my word for it I used it on a Tibhar Felix Lebrun OFF-. Also I should warn you that the durability of that thing really sucks which is why I’m not too fond of hybrids anymore, my H3 lasted around half a year or so
Yes I saw that in reviews AFTER ordering it. I would never have ordered it if I knew.
6 months? How much did you play weekly?
Did you clean it? storage?