kids and primorac

NDH

says Spin to win!
i would like to think people are inherently honest even if its marketing.
its either i take what butterfly say or not believe anyone at all.
im just basing this off what i know.
(and beauty=hot right :D Thanks!)

I'm not wishing to quash any young ideologies.... But no..... Sales people are not honest. Marketing companies are even less honest.

Butterfly is a mixture of Sales people and Marketing people (with a few billion dollars worth of R&D).

FYI - I'm a massive Butterfly fan. Love the stuff. But I've seen far too much deception to ever believe the hype.

Rather than trust them..... Try them! Test them! Make your own decision.

But it's common knowledge the Garaydia ZLC is a rebranded Amultart, the Garaydia ALC is a rebranded Photino - and all of this "Made for the plastic ball stuff" - What does it even mean?

*Hint* It means (if we are to stretch our imagination), that they are slightly quicker (to combat the slower plastic ball).

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
hey if you know the construction of the blade why dont you make them yourself and sell it?
obviously theres some substance to what they say because other companies would be able to replicate and make more money than butterfly by ............ REDUCING THE PRICES
im still waiting butterfly...
(sooo did u test both of the blades urself anyways???)

NDH

says Spin to win!
hey if you know the construction of the blade why dont you make them yourself and sell it?
obviously theres some substance to what they say because other companies would be able to replicate and make more money than butterfly by ............ REDUCING THE PRICES
im still waiting butterfly...
(sooo did u test both of the blades urself anyways???)

I guessed you missed the part about "billions of dollars worth of R&D".

So many reasons why I couldn't make it myself (although others have quite clearly made their own custom bats).

As for testing, I've tested quite a few blades in the last few weeks to get a feel for what I wanted.

These included SZLC, ZLC, ALC, T5000 and all wood bats.

Based on everything, I opted for the Garaydia ZLC, and I'm very happy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
the chinese have been doing this for a long time.
recently bought a fake viscaria for 20 bucks and it plays very similar to the real viscaria.
there's no secret in butterfly blades, it's all just marketing and being well positioned for many years.

it's kind of like nike or addidas at this point.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I'm not wishing to quash any young ideologies.... But no..... Sales people are not honest. Marketing companies are even less honest.

Butterfly is a mixture of Sales people and Marketing people (with a few billion dollars worth of R&D).

FYI - I'm a massive Butterfly fan. Love the stuff. But I've seen far too much deception to ever believe the hype.

Rather than trust them..... Try them! Test them! Make your own decision.

But it's common knowledge the Garaydia ZLC is a rebranded Amultart, the Garaydia ALC is a rebranded Photino - and all of this "Made for the plastic ball stuff" - What does it even mean?

*Hint* It means (if we are to stretch our imagination), that they are slightly quicker (to combat the slower plastic ball).
Do you know if garadya is thicker than photino or amulart?

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
What is wrong with fast blades? Handling these type of blades require high level of technique. Specially now that there is a new ball. The players can't adjust, big bulk of muscles that does not build over night. The equipment has to adjust, I was using Viscaria before switching to Mizutani and it was because of the new freaking ball.

Remember that 2+2 and 3+1 is the same
We are entitled to our own opinions. And there are no
wrong opinions. We have different types of playstyle
One blade may work for another or not.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
uhm sorry wheres the delete button

I can't remember, from reading the thread, if anybody answered this.

In a regular browser (not TapaTalk), you click on the "edit post" option and look for the "delete option" in the "edit post" screen.

But your reply was fine. It did not do any harm.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
As far as fast blades vs slow blades vs medium speed blades: here are a few thoughts.

Any blade and blade speed has its benefits and its drawbacks.

When you have solid technique, a fast blade feels manageable and it honestly doesn't feel that fast.

The most obvious advantage to a fast blade is that, well, it's fast.

There are two places where a fast blade can have drawbacks.

1) for a developing player whose technique isn't fully formed, one of those ultra-fast blades could hinder and/or slow the players development of heavy spin. The reason is reduced dwell time and feel. But some kids can still get away with that.

2) The faster the blade, the harder it is to get the ball to arc, just past the net which reduces your ability to get wider angles on your shots. If your technique is good enough to get the spin to get the big angles, there is no downside.

The upsides to All+ & Off- all wood blade.

1) for a player developing technique, these blades, because of flex, feel and dwell time help a developing player learn to spin better and learn to spin earlier in their training. They also make a developing player have to work a little harder for power so the technique of weight transfer and use of legs, hips and body happens faster and the player develops the muscle memory of a fuller swing sooner.

2) for a player who is decently well developed, these blades help you get more spin and make it easier to get bigger angles.

The downside is, it makes it harder to get pace and put the ball past a high level opponent.

Blades in the middle of "ultra-fast" and kind of slow, like a Viscaria, are:

They do have decent dwell time as a result of the Arylate carbon mix. They are fast enough without being too fast. So, if your technique is solid, you can do everything that a slower blade does decently well and you have the obvious benefits of the blade being reasonably fast, fast enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
As far as fast blades vs slow blades vs medium speed blades: here are a few thoughts.

Any blade and blade speed has its benefits and its drawbacks.

When you have solid technique, a fast blade feels manageable and it honestly doesn't feel that fast.

The most obvious advantage to a fast blade is that, well, it's fast.

There are two places where a fast blade can have drawbacks.

1) for a developing player whose technique isn't fully formed, one of those ultra-fast blades could hinder and/or slow the players development of heavy spin. The reason is reduced dwell time and feel. But some kids can still get away with that.

2) The faster the blade, the harder it is to get the ball to arc, just past the net which reduces your ability to get wider angles on your shots. If your technique is good enough to get the spin to get the big angles, there is no downside.

The upsides to All+ & Off- all wood blade.

1) for a player developing technique, these blades, because of flex, feel and dwell time help a developing player learn to spin better and learn to spin earlier in their training. They also make a developing player have to work a little harder for power so the technique of weight transfer and use of legs, hips and body happens faster and the player develops the muscle memory of a fuller swing sooner.

2) for a player who is decently well developed, these blades help you get more spin and make it easier to get bigger angles.

The downside is, it makes it harder to get pace and put the ball past a high level opponent.

Blades in the middle of "ultra-fast" and kind of slow, like a Viscaria, are:

They do have decent dwell time as a result of the Arylate carbon mix. They are fast enough without being too fast. So, if your technique is solid, you can do everything that a slower blade does decently well and you have the obvious benefits of the blade being reasonably fast, fast enough.

I disagree with this.
I know people who suck at spin because they have never been taught or even if they have, they don't have the touch or the skills to create a lot of spin.
I know people who create a lot of spin because they have the skills to do that.

to give you an example, I play these days with many rookies who use off- or all+ blades.
they suck at spin because they suck.
I've played against a guy using andro carbon light off+ and he gave a lot of spin because he had the skills to do it.
so in the end it has nothing to do with the blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I disagree with this.
I know people who suck at spin because they have never been taught or even if they have, they don't have the touch or the skills to create a lot of spin.
I know people who create a lot of spin because they have the skills to do that.

to give you an example, I play these days with many rookies who use off- or all+ blades.
they suck at spin because they suck.
I've played against a guy using andro carbon light off+ and he gave a lot of spin because he had the skills to do it.
so in the end it has nothing to do with the blade.

LOL. This is totally entertaining.

Of course you are right. Someone who is good and has good touch and good skillz, is going to get better spin, speed, control etc with anything including an Off++++ blade than someone who sucks will get regardless of what blade they are using.

By definition, someone who sucks, sucks.

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D