KTL Instinct+ Vs Galaxy W-6 for a beginner

lyh

This user has no status.

lyh

This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 3 reviews
What are your thoughts about the w6 compared to the donic appelgren allplay? I think I should get a controlled setup to improve my technique.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you weren't understanding what Der_Echte is saying, here goes:

All of the major TT companies make a controlled Allround blade or 2. And controlled All+/Off- blade or 3. And many Off rated blades too.

If what you are looking for is an easily controllable blade with good dwell and feel for developing your skills, there are so many.

Galaxy 896 is an example of an All+ blade from Yinhe.

Galaxy W6 is a faster Off- offering from Yinhe.

Both are extremely cost effective. And both are very good despite the low price.

Blades like these are all good examples of blades that fall in the speed range and feel of a good all wood controlled blade (All, All+ or Off- depending on the blade):

1) Appelgren Allplay
2) Yasaka Sweden
3) Yasaka Sweden Extra (which replaced the old Extra which replaced the Gatien Extra but there are slight differences).
4) Stiga Allround Classic
5) Stiga Allround Evolution
6) Stiga Offensive Classic
7) Nexy Peter Pan
8) Nexy Lissom
9) Butterfly Primorac Off-
10) Nittaku Violin
11) Nittaku Acoustic
12) OSP Virtuoso

The list goes on.

Those blades I just listed are all more expensive than the offerings listed from Yinhe. Some of them a decent amount more expensive. Some of them quite close to the price of the W6.

Any of those blades, provided you choose one in the speed class you want, would be excellent.

Often the more expensive ones are made with slightly better craftsmanship. But not always. And I am not always sure that is so important.

All of those blades are good and there are many many many that I did not list.

For the price of the Yinhe blades, you could get one of each, experiment with them, and when you want to try another, just choose from the list. You will already have two good and reasonably priced blades as backup if you do.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: dimon00 and BeGo