Latest video from Tony

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I thought the girl at the end was doing very well. I wouldn't last one hour, correction, 5 minutes.

First time feeding to that girl, so testing her capabilities.
very hard worker and allowed me to push her to the limits.
She didn't stop to rest, until I saw her needing a rest.
I did cut out the last bit, as the video would have been too long. She did do 1 container without resting (+/- 200~250 balls) and that is pretty impressive

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That's interesting. The point counts if it hits the net then table, but not the table then net.
yes

the umpired said something, and we couldn't hear as the commentary was talking about other tables playing.
both yellow and blue stopped play, but body language facing the umpire
yellow clearly was confused, but the umpire saw something from her angle that our camera angle didn't

with slow motion and zooming in, we could see the net contact after the table.
one in a million

says Aging is a killer
Unfortunately, It does happen. Especially the dehydration bit. Umpires concentrate so continuously that on many occasions they simply forget to take in the necessary amount of liquids. Or they forgot to bring a bottle to the table and try to man it out.
As players in that situation, we have to judge the situation, be sympathetic and say in the simplest most diplomatic way, "Are you okay? Do you want me to speak to the referee?" He will wake up after that 😉.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Unfortunately, It does happen. Especially the dehydration bit. Umpires concentrate so continuously that on many occasions they simply forget to take in the necessary amount of liquids. Or they forgot to bring a bottle to the table and try to man it out.
As players in that situation, we have to judge the situation, be sympathetic and say in the simplest most diplomatic way, "Are you okay? Do you want me to speak to the referee?" He will wake up after that 😉.
Both players were polite for not getting the match referee involved imo.
It didn't happen for just few mins, it happened for most of the 34 mins. Su won 4-1 (back then it was still best out of 7s)

i'm afraid, its easy to say the player can be sympathetic or understanding, but have you thought of it in the players shoes?
A lost for Su, could mean she won't have another international for a very long time.
I'm not sure what is the consequence of a loss for Charlotte, but players need to pay high entry fees.
So from player part, it is very unfair that they need to be flipping the scoreboards themselves.
It would be easier to have no umpires and the 2 players would have a more normal match actually.

I do feel WTT should manage the health of its tournament staff a bit better or maybe have a umpire sub policy if the umpire feels he is unfit to continue.
These things don't happen often, but no one wants the umpire to actually collapse in the middle of the match