Liam Pitchford defeats Harimoto... youngster all hype??

This user has no status.
Pitchford is a very good player and Harimoto is too young to be mentally consistent each time. Moreover at the age of 14 the body changes all the time. Gaining a few centimeters in a few weeks for instance could change the body balance significantly for that level of competition. Ups and downs are to be expected for Harimoto I think.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
lol I dont know which words fit to describe the phenomenon were adults are trying to belittle a kid with such maturity in his play like no other talent so far, instead of admiring it. As dima has stated in india open last year, he is definitely not a kid when he is on the table and I will treat him like an adult pro

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
lol I dont know which words fit to describe the phenomenon were adults are trying to belittle a kid with such maturity in his play like no other talent so far, instead of admiring it. As dima has stated in india open last year, he is definitely not a kid when he is on the table and I will treat him like an adult pro
LGL said he doesn't admire it. He explained why bias is good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
LGL said he doesn't admire it. He explained why bias is good.

well LGL is a professional coach and a scientist in TT , his results as a player and a coack speak for himself. His opinion and perspective will always have a significance unlike you, me and every other forum user or fan :p biased or not.

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
Do not judge a player from one or two turnament ? Harimoto ia still young,mentally in table tennis is still not mature. He comes to this tournament with a lot of pressure. His skill and experience is still improving, during this period, form up and down is normal.
As for Liam, he comes with no pressure, n nobody expects he preformed so well, nobody prepared to find a way to play him. On the other hand, people well prepared to play Harimoto. From all the matches Harimoto played, it seemed he really did not play like before, Hope he can come back strong. At the moment, if he mentally strong and he really enjoys table tennis, he will still be one of the best player.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
he is mentally strong. You are from Honkong you should know better :)
maybe he is not on his top form but his heart and mind gets great lesson.
for me he is perfect soldier to beat chinese players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
In Harimoto's match against Lee Sangsu I was quite surprised by how quiet Lee was. He usually yells almost as loud as Harimoto. But instead Lee let his body language do the talking, especially after he won the match. Perhaps making a statement with multiple meanings.

I didnt see any statement just a focused lee sang su

Sep 2016
It is nothing to do with I am from HK or Not. Player like Harimoto is many in China. To beat Chinese players is not easy at all. the most difficult tournament in this world is Chinese national champion. Harimoto is still going back to China to be trained and practise. His skill is not totally trained from Japan.

Jan 2018
Hmm, how many pros in the world who have not had a Chinese coach at some point in time? Maze, Boll, Ovtcharov, the entire Austrian team, the entire Portugal team, Drinkhall...too many to list.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl