Light racket from Butterfly

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Impossible, unless you buy viscaria Light; that is under 80 grams. Which are discontinued.
The lowest weight I found on bty alc rackets is a 82.1 gram Timo boll ALC. Combine that with 2x 50 gram D09C is 182.1 lowest.

Not to sound mean or aggressive but perhaps don't play with Dignics 09C if you can't handle 185 gram.
Glayzer 09C might go under 180 grams, but I don't know for sure

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
I'm currently playing a Boll ALC with 84g and Tenergy 05 1.9mm on both sides.

The racket weighs 176g with edge tape.

is it possible with dignics09c 1.9mm?
Then e without edge tape aandan Boll ALC with 82g

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Is weight THAT critical? Can you really tell the difference between a few grams? Do you play that much worse with a slightly heavier racquet? I used to be a little obsessed with weight too but I tried some slightly heavier set ups and didn't notice that much difference after playing with it.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Is weight THAT critical? Can you really tell the difference between a few grams? Do you play that much worse with a slightly heavier racquet? I used to be a little obsessed with weight too but I tried some slightly heavier set ups and didn't notice that much difference after playing with it.
Exactly , there is much too much "trara" going on about blade weight and total racket weight. The only weight I now allow myself to be concerned with is the one that shows when i stand on the scales.
I am not an athlete, have not much strength, I am old but I can still happily swing any setup between a 160 and 225 grams for 3 hours and have now pains afterwards.

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
I have seen a normal viscaria, not viscaria light, that weighs less than 80g, so I believe what you're looking for is possible. However, actually finding a Boll ALC of such uncommon weight may prove to be difficult. You might need to contact multiple different shops to see what their stock is like. Also keep in mind the blade will absorb some amount of moisture over time which will increase the weight a bit. I've seen a blade lose almost 2 grams from removing the moisture and drying out the wood.

This isn't what you asked, but it's probably easier to find something like a Lin Yun Ju SZLC in lighter weights compared to Boll ALC.

Also, for what it is, D09c is probably one of the lightest hybrid rubbers you can find. A sheet of D09c only weighs somewhere around 49g after cut while most ESN hybrids of similar hardness will weigh more than 50g.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
If you're going to play with Dignics09c from Tenergy05, then you will need to use your body more to hit to get quality out of the ball.

If you're doing that, then you either won't notice a few more grams or at the very least the extra weight will encourage you to use your body more.

Reactions: Crillo and Lazer
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
If you're going to play with Dignics09c from Tenergy05, then you will need to use your body more to hit to get quality out of the ball.

If you're doing that, then you either won't notice a few more grams or at the very least the extra weight will encourage you to use your body more.
Where does it actually hurt ???
And if does not hurt anywhere, what is supposed to be the advantage of a lightweight setup ???????????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I agree with the other people here that we shouldn’t take a look at the weight of the racket until it is not overwhelmingly overweight. I have played rackets with a weight span from 175 to 198 grams and it was okay. The lightest one was a Lin Yun-Yu with lightweight rubbers. The heaviest one was an over 90 g Innerforce ZLC with Tibhar Hybdir K3 ans Tibhar Evolution MX-D. Of course I noticed the difference and in fact it had some impact on my playing style. The Lin Yun-Ju naturally forced me to flick any service and stay near the table. On the other hand K3 and MX-D had so much power I wanted to play rather away from the table with more body and longer strokes.

Nevertheless, it is possible to get a Boll ALC or Viscaria with under 80 g. She just have to call some shops and ask about it. If it is really necessary to get such a blade then it is possible.

When I was talking about young athletes that play a Boll ALC with under 80 g I was meaning the local aspiring ones.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
I think the handling of the racket is very important. For me anything over 178 feels too heavy.

I don't know how the youth players do it. But I would also advise them to take a light racket. Even Harimoto picked a light racket when he was young. He can then swing it faster. It puts less strain on the wrist. Werner Schlager said the same thing

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Timo Ball caf is light weighted 5 ply blade (3 wood + 2 control assist fiber) with some kind of viscaria feeling, this blades are usually weight about 80 gram or so. With two d09c in max total weight should be about 180 gram if you pick 1,9 thickness weight should be even lower than that