Thinking about switching to Boll ALC

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hello guys!

I made a post asking info for the Boll ALC a couple of days ago and after reading the comments and thinking about it for a while, I decided to go for it. Just need to know a few things before I go to the shop.

(honestly I had a scare with my health and I want something to make me forget about it, f covid)

Anyway, I've been using a Stiga Intensity NCT for 1,5 year now and before that a Stiga Clipper Wood for another year. Before these 2 I was using a Butterfly Viscaria for 3~4 years and I absolutely loved it. So I'm not inexperienced when it comes to carbon.

I'm ready to go back to ALC but the Viscaria is old, worn and really damaged and I honestly don't want to destroy my baby. At the same time I also want to try a straight handle and I've heard Boll ALC has a pretty nice squared ST.

I just want to ask if there's anything I should be aware of or to look for when selecting one, weight for example. It's kind of expensive here and can't really afford to make a mistake...

Rubbers will be Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05 FX. I've used them for years, so no questions there.

Thanks in advance!

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
If you are unsatisfied with the one you recieve, I'm sure that your provider can maybe substitute or refund. Maybe, in case you dont like SQST on boll alc try it on another blade first.

Or just get it... You only live once.
I'll go to the shop and see how I like it, I'm not buying it without seeing how it fits my hand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
All of mine have been 87-90g so shouldn’t be hard to find
2 months ago Butterfly Europe had 1 piece of tb alc 87g and the rest was under 86g so at the moment they are hard to find. However if your local dealer have couple years old pieces it is possible to find a blade with ideal weight. It’s is a bit weird that the weight of Butterfly blades depence a lot of their production year.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
2 months ago Butterfly Europe had 1 piece of tb alc 87g and the rest was under 86g so at the moment they are hard to find. However if your local dealer have couple years old pieces it is possible to find a blade with ideal weight. It’s is a bit weird that the weight of Butterfly blades depence a lot of their production year.
I guess that's good though because there's some stability in production.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Just know that there is a good chance that the TB ALC will be stiffer and more unforgiving than your old Viscaria.

Reactions: NextLevel
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Just know that there is a good chance that the TB ALC will be stiffer and more unforgiving than your old Viscaria.
That's what I have in mind and I'm unsure of. I'll probably just get another viscaria, I'll take mine to the shop to weigh it and get the closest they have, so that I don't do any big changes mid season, and when I'm done I'll take a leap and go for the boll alc.

Money isn't really an issue either since this is my only hobby. My pc is holding strong, kind of... And I just fixed my old ps4, after beating my head to the wall not seeing the fan didn't work... Don't judge me, I though it had dried up the thermal paste😂😂...

So yeah, more possibilities for testing and messing around with tt equipment! Boll alc is next on the list.