Limba + ALC Blades

This user has no status.
You can switch to DHS Fang bo B2x, which I really like it, or DHS Long 5, which I never tried bu is quite expensive. I would say that Fang Bo b2x is a budget version of long 5, the difference is that long 5 has 2 outer layers of limba and B2X has the outer of limba and the 2nd of ayous.
However, long 3 is not slow, it isn't just as fast as carbon blades. If you think you need more speed, you can always switch to a faster rubber and maintain your blade.
Tt11 and TTGearLab say Long V is also limba-ayous

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Edit - just seen that this is a zombie thread!!

I would recommend the Freitas or a Maze if you want a slower still version (and can find a used one)

The Freitas is slightly slower and offers more control than then outer ALC koto blades, and also feels softer.
Hey sir! Could you compare outer ALC koto blades like Fan Zhendong ALC or Lin Gaoyuan ALC with Freitas? FZD and LG more stiffer/harder than Freitas? I used Freitas and speed was enough but blade was too soft and now Im looking for something stiffer/harder and think about FZD or LG....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hey sir! Could you compare outer ALC koto blades like Fan Zhendong ALC or Lin Gaoyuan ALC with Freitas? FZD and LG more stiffer/harder than Freitas? I used Freitas and speed was enough but blade was too soft and now Im looking for something stiffer/harder and think about FZD or LG....
Yes, exactly as you say - the outer blades with a koto frost ply are slightly harder and crisper. I have a few and would say the Koto blades feel a little faster and more direct but not by much. I have played Viscaria, FZD, Boll ALC and Spirit, LGY and ZJK and all are very similar. I would try a Koto outer with the handle you prefer.

Reactions: dec88
This user has no status.
Yes, exactly as you say - the outer blades with a koto frost ply are slightly harder and crisper. I have a few and would say the Koto blades feel a little faster and more direct but not by much. I have played Viscaria, FZD, Boll ALC and Spirit, LGY and ZJK and all are very similar. I would try a Koto outer with the handle you prefer.
Of the 5 you mentioned which one has the most and second most control and which one has the most comfortable handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Of the 5 you mentioned which one has the most and second most control and which one has the most comfortable handle?
They are too similar to rank - there are probably more differences between two of the same blade than the types of blade (weight being the biggest influence) Handles - I like the flared in all of them with the Viscaria being the fattest, but thats a personal choice.

Reactions: Robin0910
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
This is very subjective question, but if you have hands like a lumberjack than Ovtcharov one had the thicker handle but it is InnerALC, across the forum FZD is the one which has the most comfortable handle and with the biggest control but as mentioned the differences are very small. Most important might be the difference between them if the weight will be different rather than let say the same weight and handle and comparing LGY vs FZD.

Reactions: Robin0910