Lin Gaoyuan (林高远) Video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I don't really enjoy Mind Heist. It's so over used. The editing job is pretty good though. A lot of people match music to action which is what is proper, but it does take a lot of time. Professionally speaking it is the most costly part of a production. Post-production (composing sound, special effects, color correction, editing) takes up the most amount of time in a production period and is also the largest chunk of a budget in film. That's the reason why most films are shot a year or more in advance and most TV shows are shot months in advance.

This user has no status.
Yeah, he is really good for his age. Check out Song Hongyuan as well

I just check some games and your are right Song Hongyuan is awesome as well....
These three lefties are going give some headeaches to the top Pros and some show to the audience: Koki Niwa, Lin Gaoyuan and Song Hongyuan.
:D
And by the way thanks for the video the editing is nice... It is great to watch a video that has so much harmony and has what we all love TABLE TENNIS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
That is awesome, what did he say? xD

looks like you worked hard, i really like it thanks, etc and then a short conversation. he's at team training right now, spent the new year by going to sleep early so he can get up in time tomorrow :( but doesn't really mind because new year's isn't a big deal, the spring festival is more of a big deal

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
looks like you worked hard, i really like it thanks, etc and then a short conversation. he's at team training right now, spent the new year by going to sleep early so he can get up in time tomorrow :( but doesn't really mind because new year's isn't a big deal, the spring festival is more of a big deal

Nice :D Tell him to join TTD hehe ;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I like the way he plays, I don't mind the chos, I think it is fine. He does it more than most but, does not really bother me and it would not if I was playing someone who did that. He is just getting himself psyched up and into the match. I have my way of doing that which is that I try and focus. When he is a little older I think there will be a little less of that in the matches. But it does not matter if there is or not.

The video is very good. One thing I notice, with the sound on a lot of the videos I really like, the announcer or a player's voice comes through the music every so often and it is usually at a key point. You still hear the music but you also hear sound from the Table Tennis sound track. It might even be the sound of the audience or the ball. That would add another dimension to the video that would take it from being very good the excellent in my opinion.

I think it is not hard to do with the video editing tools as well. They are set up so that you can have multiple tracks of sound going at the same time: like a music track and the original video sound. The hard part is picking just a few spots where it is worth it. Both Table Tennis Dave and Dan are good at that.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hopefully the chos will thin out as he grow up.
He spend a portion of his energy only to cho haha :D

There is this sort of equation where certain athletes perform better when they are pumped up and others perform better when they are more calm. Each person is different. For example, J. O. Waldner obviously performed better when he was calm. Zhang Jike seems to be one of those players who performs better when he is pumped up. In tennis John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors seemed to perform better when they were pumped up. Bjorn Borg performed better when he was calm. Now when a player is too pumped up for himself he/she starts playing with a little less control. When a player is too calm for his/her playing style, the player underperforms. So finding the right balance for yourself as a player is essential.

But if the stuff that happens between points ever really gets to you when you are playing, like if your opponents antics are getting under your skin and making you play worse, it is worth looking at your own level of focus and whether you are too amped up for your own good in the match. Stuff like what the other player says or shouts between points should have little effect on you or it should make you laugh, or pump you up to play better. If it does not do one of those things, it is worth playing with someone who does that stuff a lot until you find the right balance to play with those people and play your best. In Table Tennis you are going to come up against people who are going to try and beat you psychologically between the points. You have to be used to handling that or you will be in trouble. At a certain point it should become fun and entertaining to hear some of that stuff. It usually just makes me laugh.