Long Life to Hybrid Rubbers šŸ“ šŸ™Œ

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Exactly! That's bizarre especially for you
Iā€™ve been satisfied with TD for both FH and BH, so Iā€™m not actively searching for new rubbers to try. Iā€™ve just recommended dragon grip to a friend who is debating what to use instead of d09c, thatā€™s why I saw victorā€™s video pushed to my YouTube list, and that led to this.

• Love
Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Stronger in 2023 šŸ„³
Aug 2014
I had been asking on TTD forum why nobody has tried this new FH style rubber from Donic the past few months! Donic has been marketing it as if it's a huge improvement on their existing lineup, so I was wondering why it kinda flew below the radar.

Now all of a sudden everybody wants to try it because of Victor! :p
Haha maybe I have to do a collaboration with some manufacturers šŸ˜…
A fun fact is that after a week of testing. I said myself let's try with 1 or 2 layers of booster.
Booster didn't make any improvement to the rubber.
Just straight from the package works fine.
Finally a rubber "No Booster required".

@DukeGaGa if you don't like fast rubber. Remove it from your Cart šŸ˜„
This is faster than D09c and DNA DG

Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
A fun fact is that after a week of testing. I said myself let's try with 1 or 2 layers of booster.

a pity you and I are not in the same place. I need people to test my samples lol

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Removed šŸ˜‰

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Faster than D09c and DNA DG, I believe that. Is it also faster than non-tacky tensors like MXP or Dignics 80 or Nittaku Z2?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I'm not sure the Donic Bluestar A1 can even be considered a hybrid. It's got so little tack to it it barely picks up the ball. It works well enough for me.

Aug 2014
Victor do you have an update on this? I'm also very intersted. Been playing 09C and rakza Z. Looking for some good, bit cheaper alternatives.
But at 65ā‚¬ it comes very close to the price of 09C.

Also been thinking about K3
I have spent more time with it and playing with different players. I noticed that Bluestar A1 is more spin-incoming sensitive than DNA DG.
And compared to a sticky rubber, I felt that I gained more speed than spin. I'm not saying that's bad depending of the game style.
But for some know players I played, their life were easier blocking me when I used the Hybrid Rubber.

Aug 2014
Is that you I see in the new pongfinity video @VictorMoragašŸ˜† ? Did you get to play with them after that video?
I was doing Warm-Up with Otto for half hour.
Such a nice guy. They were thinking to play best of 3 or 5 points, but the place was too crowded so they just decided to play only one point šŸ˜„.
By the way, we recorded like 6 months ago.

Reactions: DukeGaGa

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
I have spent more time with it and playing with different players. I noticed that Bluestar A1 is more spin-incoming sensitive than DNA DG.
And compared to a sticky rubber, I felt that I gained more speed than spin. I'm not saying that's bad depending of the game style.
But for some know players I played, their life were easier blocking me when I used the Hybrid Rubber.
Ok thanks. Not what I'm looking for.
I'll try my luck with a K3 if I get the courrage to switch. Probably just end up with a 09C

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So how do you feel about the Bluestar now? If you play the same common opponents with the Bluestar vs the DragonGrip, do you feel you perform better with one?

Aug 2014
So how do you feel about the Bluestar now? If you play the same common opponents with the Bluestar vs the DragonGrip, do you feel you perform better with one?
50/50 Better players blocked me easier with the Hybrid because my ball is not loaded with heavy spin like DNA DG. With players at same level or lower I beat them easier, making strong shots with more speed. Because of that, I said 50/50.
But that's my experience. What I learned is that I don't want to change a quality ball with spin towards a faster ball with less spin. Good blockers were comfortable with my shots.
You may know, for example, that you can make a wide range of speed/spin. But I prefer a better top "Spin" than top "Speed".
I get that every player is different, and I know players that think D09c, DNA DG or H3 are the worst crap šŸ˜„ šŸ¤£. But when you need something better, those sticky rubbers are hard to beat.
My dream expectations with Hybrid rubbers were to increase top speed and top spin, but for me, it feels that speed/spin ratio moved towards speed a bit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
50/50 Better players blocked me easier with the Hybrid because my ball is not loaded with heavy spin like DNA DG. With players at same level or lower I beat them easier, making strong shots with more speed. Because of that, I said 50/50.
But that's my experience. What I learned is that I don't want to change a quality ball with spin towards a faster ball with less spin. Good blockers were comfortable with my shots.
You may know, for example, that you can make a wide range of speed/spin. But I prefer a better top "Spin" than top "Speed".
I get that every player is different, and I know players that think D09c, DNA DG or H3 are the worst crap šŸ˜„ šŸ¤£. But when you need something better, those sticky rubbers are hard to beat.
My dream expectations with Hybrid rubbers were to increase top speed and top spin, but for me, it feels that speed/spin ratio moved towards speed a bit.
Does that mean you are going to switch back to the DNA DG?

Or maybe you can try the Xiom Omega China Ying, which may be spinnier

Aug 2014
Does that mean you are going to switch back to the DNA DG?

Or maybe you can try the Xiom Omega China Ying, which may be spinnier
I tested Bluestar for one month.
And then, back to DNA DG. No more testing.
More tournaments are coming soon and Nationals in July. And I need to keep the consistency with the same stuff at this point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Did a side by side comparison with K3 tonight. The Bluestar is slightly faster but not as grippy as the K3. My loops with K3 has a lot more spin and harder to block. Opponents were able to easily block and counter my loops with the Bluestar. I had to work a lot harder to lift backspin with the Bluestar too. I'm going back to my K3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Did a side by side comparison with K3 tonight. The Bluestar is slightly faster but not as grippy as the K3. My loops with K3 has a lot more spin and harder to block. Opponents were able to easily block and counter my loops with the Bluestar. I had to work a lot harder to lift backspin with the Bluestar too. I'm going back to my K3.
Is the K3 spinnier because it is tackier? or something else?

Does anybody know which ESN hybrids are on the tackier end and which are on the lighter end?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Is the K3 spinnier because it is tackier? or something else?

Does anybody know which ESN hybrids are on the tackier end and which are on the lighter end?
Yes, I think the better grip from K3 is because of the tackiness. The Bluestar is barely tacky at all. I think there's a tradeoff between grip/tackiness and speed/less tacky.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hey Victor,

You said that Bluestar feels like a boosted DNA DG. Which one is faster you think? Bluestar or boosted DNA DG?