Long Pimples

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just to counter many things I said in this thread:

I have seen many players who use smooth on both sides and do not develop good technique. I have seen many players who use a pips setup who really work hard and go from lower levels and keep climbing and improving their technique. It really does depend on the person. There will always be those who play in what ever style with what ever setup who are just trying to win points by tricking their opponents and not trying to do the work of winning the points and improving their games. And there will always be people who don't care about winning the points so much as improving their skills.

The rubber setup you use does not really have so much to do with that. Long pips can be a great thing for people who use them. And to see a good long pips player can be amazing especially at the higher levels. :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well it's not only in your country where this happens... why? :(

But let's get back to topic ^^
Could someone explain me what effect the sponge has to long pimples?

Yeah, jokers on both sides of the fence do their dirty work, just about anything goes here in Korea at amature tourneys for bats as well.

The ones who use LP in OX without sponge generally like a fast/stiff blade and use some kind of medium soft control rubber on FH. You can assemble a bat like this very cheap. Any of the galaxy T series carbon is right up this alley. A lot of those blades are under $40 USD a blade or cheaper if you trade for one. The OX rubber doesn't matter so much as you will have to learn how to use the right angles, hit at right hight or off the bounce, and use the right blade angle/stroke direction and not so much backswing. You pretty much punch underspin off the bouce, you use soft wrist to block and receive knuckle serves, and sometimes you can sideswipe for effect. You can get by with National Pogo, a rubber under $10 USD or pretty much any Chinese LP in OX.

There are thousands of LP OX players here, many of them are O40 and O50 female players, some are very good, many are average club players. ALL of them destroy those not used to LP in OX and those who like to make the mistake of continually giving them an underspin to teh OX BH LP side. Big mistake as they simply punch with an open blade to generate a medium fast paced light to medium topspin drive well placed that goes right by you.

If you wish to make a bat to practice with your club, that is a good idea, although it will take some time for yourself to get used to the strokes, in the end, it is a good profit for you and ur club.

I have made a couple similar bats on hte cheap and sometimes at lunch use one of these OX LP bats to help get one of my KFTTC mates accustomed to playing vs an LP in OX.

WHAT DOES SPONGE DO???
Sponge gives the LP rubber some more options in manipulating spin. You can either kill spin or continue it. If you are real good, you can "Loop" with LP in max sponge, which is really pretty much a very weak loop at best, but still a topspin shot that is difficult to return if not accustomed to it. Sponged LPs are preferred by the choppers, although with the right bat angle/timing/swing, you can still chop with OX, it is just that you can manipulate the spin better and get more errors with sponged LP if you know how to use it. These players seem to like a flexy DEF+ or ALL Minus blade slightly oversized.

Good luck in your journey.

Here is a short clip of a visiting chopper doing some chops vs a good junior tiger. The woman is using Feint III in 1.0mm and Sriver on Fh on a Joo SeHyuk blade. That is the first time I have EVER seen anyone in Korea use Sriver, EVER and I have seen a thousand bats here.

[video]http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/Der_Echte/?action=view&current=MVI_3675.mp4[/video]