Looking for new Rubbers

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Baracuda is not too fast but its too soft. And its that I just bought the blade in a local store for 90 euros which is extremely cheap for a innerforce zlf. (seller wanted to get rid of butterfly products in his store). And I dont want to waste this one.

Awesome buy. Put it on the shelf for a year or two. It won't go to waste. That is an amazing blade. I love that blade. There are two blades from Butterfly that I love. That is one, and I am using the other: Timo Boll ZLF. Actually the Timo Boll Spark was a great blade that I wish they still made.

But, if the Innerforce ZLF blade is too fast for you right now, and you got a Primorac Off- and used it for a year or two, when you moved back up to the Innerforce blade, you would be ready for the pace. I can't say enough about playing with a blade that is in the Off- or All+ speed range. Doing that is very good for helping a player develop his technique and improve his overall level.

And perhaps you could get a good buy on that Butterfly blade from the location where you got the Innerforce for such a good price.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Maybe Omega IV Pro FH and Omega IV Europe BH?

I used TBS for almost a year but I bought the blade from someone else and I dont know how old it was but it had some damage around the head. The previous owner probably hit the table quite often.

So when I was at SportEurope (our local table tennis expert) he had a small box with some Innerforce blades he still had and wanted to get rid of. And I kept looking in the box and he said he would do them away for a cheaper price so I asked him how much he wanted it, then he asked me how the regular price was which was 150 euros. So he said I could have is for 90 euros and I was like; SOLD haha.

But since I was using the TBS already I tought I could handle it and to be onest I was able to controll it I rarely miss a topspin neither forehand or backhand the only thing that I felt that was changed that I had more dwell with the Bluefire and with the Tenergy you aready have a ton of dwell so dont really feel a difference there but I felt I had like 15% more spin and maybe 10% more speed.

But last weekend competition started (It was an away match) and I could not speed up my topspins and be as agressive as I normally am. I could only Loop slow with alot of topspin but if I tried to get some pace on the ball It went off the table. And one day after I had to subtitue for another team because theri team mate was sick. So I thought maybe yesterday was a bad day lets see how today goes. But I had the same problem...

Its like when playing in a different gym I cant controll my bat anymore. But I will finish this season with this setub anyway and If I still have the same problem then I will change but maybe I will get used more to it...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
You said that your current blade is tb zlf so i assume you dont have plans of replacing the blade.. so many rubbers mentioned and nothing fits your liking. One last option i could think is stay with your blade and rubber setup and adjust your playing style.. you see we as members could suggest tons of rubber but in the end it will be you, your own feel and adjustments that will count Edwin. You just have to stay with 36-39 degrees of hardness since you wanted a medium.

Europe is soft

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Firstly, as what Carl said, changing the blade is probably where you want to go, not the rubber.. The Innerforce ZLF is a fantastic blade, but it's not the only good one.

I currently use Omega IV Europe both sides, and I can confirm that it's a very nice rubber. I consider it a cheap version Tenergy 05; it is slightly slower, slightly less spinny, but has more control and is quite light. Medium sponge. Hope that helps.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You said that your current blade is tb zlf

Not that it is a big deal or a big difference but he said this:

The blade that I will use will be my current blade;
Butterfly Innerforce ZLF

Innerforce ZLF is a little different than Timo Boll ZLF. I am using Timo Boll ZLF. Amayzde is using Innerforce ZLF.

Innerforce ZLF has two plies of Limba before you get to the Zylon ply. Timo Boll ZLF has one ply of Koto and then the Zylon ply. You feel more wood with Innerforce and the Zylon kicks in on looping but when you do touch shots over the table you have more control. Pretty cool blade. Also, the Innerforce ZLF has amazing control for blocking.

This user has no status.
You said that your current blade is tb zlf so i assume you dont have plans of replacing the blade.. so many rubbers mentioned and nothing fits your liking. One last option i could think is stay with your blade and rubber setup and adjust your playing style.. you see we as members could suggest tons of rubber but in the end it will be you, your own feel and adjustments that will count Edwin. You just have to stay with 36-39 degrees of hardness since you wanted a medium.

Europe is soft

Yh sorry but its just that Ive already tried most rubbers that they mentioned. And if you read my last message I said that when Im playing in the gym of our own club Im able to handle it and its not too fast at all but when playing in a different gym in away matches in competition its hard for me to ajust and when I try to play more agressive most of them go off the table.

This user has no status.
May I ask which league you are playing in? And yes, switching the blade is really the best solution. What helps you a shining amazing new blade when you are not able to handle it? The best material is not the one that looks best on paper but the one you play the best with.

I played National C and we became champions but since Im 18 I cant play in the yought competition anymore and now Im senior 4th class which is actually too low level but we dont have a 3rd class team and 2nd class would be a little bit too high level for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Other question, why would you like to switch from tenergy? Tenergy is in my opinion completely different from all esn rubbers and in my eyes it's easier to switch the blade than from tenergy to an esn rubber. The strokes, shots and technic you can play with a tenergy are so different to an esn rubber.
I tried switching from tenergy to esn but no esn rubber could give me the feel and touch of a tenergy.

This user has no status.
Other question, why would you like to switch from tenergy? Tenergy is in my opinion completely different from all esn rubbers and in my eyes it's easier to switch the blade than from tenergy to an esn rubber. The strokes, shots and technic you can play with a tenergy are so different to an esn rubber.
I tried switching from tenergy to esn but no esn rubber could give me the feel and touch of a tenergy.

I just want to get rid of Tenergy anyway ofcourse it plays easy but its just becoming too expensive. Now Im a senior I am playing more for fun so I dont want to pay 60 euros for one tenergy sheet. Id rather pay 40 euros for a rubber that plays good enough.

I tried all rubbers from the Hexer series apart from the pips and powersponge.
I tried Rasant, rasant turbo. Bluefire M1 and M2. Vega Pro, Calibra LT, Calibra LT Plus, Calibra Tour M. Hurricane 3 Neo, Skyline 3 Neo and blue sponge. Tibhar evolution MX and EL-P, Genius. Acuda S2 and S1. Rakza 7, 7soft and 9.

So far I like Hexer HD and Bluefire M2 the most but only really like them on my BH.

So I think after this season I will go with Omega IV Pro on FH and Europe on Backhand and just get used to those and never change ever again since there are only 38 euros in my country.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Xiom Omega IV Pro, Euro is a gear lower than what you are using now, but still pretty fast.
Your core - blade, is just way too fast for you to handle, so this is where maybe Vega rubbers will be the best match.

IMO - see if you can borrow some mates blades and put your rubbers on, and you can feel the differences.
Your experience clearly tells me that you are not able to handle the speed from the I-ZLF. Not many people can handle it.
I couldn't handle a ZLC and i'm back to wood - OFF blade.

And say - you can handle the I-ZLF, then it means you may had adjusted your technique - which can go either ways - same amount of spin as before, or reduced spin.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
FYI, one thing you should know about Omega IV series: the edges chip and tear more easily than almost any other rubber. It still lasts long but the edges fall apart.

I actually would go with Sigma II over Omega IV. Sigma II is a little slower and has way more control. Omega IV is definitely not a control rubber. I feel like Tenergy has way more control and is way less reactive to spin than Omega IV.

But, I would also agree that, Vega, Pro FH and Europe BH is a better option.

And better than that may be what so many people are saying. Table Tennis Tony knows what he is talking about here. Blades in the Off- or All+ speed category that are all wood and have good feeling are really good blades for most players.

Anyway, if it is about switching places to play and then you have trouble, it also may just mean that you need to keep going to different places to play rather than just being used to playing at one place.

This user has no status.
FYI, one thing you should know about Omega IV series: the edges chip and tear more easily than almost any other rubber. It still lasts long but the edges fall apart.

I actually would go with Sigma II over Omega IV. Sigma II is a little slower and has way more control. Omega IV is definitely not a control rubber. I feel like Tenergy has way more control and is way less reactive to spin than Omega IV.

But, I would also agree that, Vega, Pro FH and Europe BH is a better option.

And better than that may be what so many people are saying. Table Tennis Tony knows what he is talking about here. Blades in the Off- or All+ speed category that are all wood and have good feeling are really good blades for most players.

Anyway, if it is about switching places to play and then you have trouble, it also may just mean that you need to keep going to different places to play rather than just being used to playing at one place.

Yh Im sure that Tony knows what hes talking about :). And hes right but I will just finish this season with this bat and see how it goes and if I still have the same problem then I will try both vega and omega and see whats the best

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Ohh i see from one gym to another? Edwin may i ask are you using the same type of table when you play on other gyms, lets say 25mm? -ball moves faster and bounce higher. Maybe thats one thing checking your timing stroke angle and distance from the table.

Oh yeah my bad about the blade zlf totally mixed up inner with tb

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Ohh i see from one gym to another? Edwin may i ask are you using the same type of table when you play on other gyms, lets say 25mm? -ball moves faster and bounce higher. Maybe thats one thing checking your timing stroke angle and distance from the table.

Oh yeah my bad about the blade zlf totally mixed up inner with tb

To be onest everything is different. Different tables, balls, floor, size and atmosphere. But Ive never had this problem before thats why its so weird.

Reactions: Rajah*
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I just want to get rid of Tenergy anyway ofcourse it plays easy but its just becoming too expensive. Now Im a senior I am playing more for fun so I dont want to pay 60 euros for one tenergy sheet. Id rather pay 40 euros for a rubber that plays good enough.

I tried all rubbers from the Hexer series apart from the pips and powersponge.
I tried Rasant, rasant turbo. Bluefire M1 and M2. Vega Pro, Calibra LT, Calibra LT Plus, Calibra Tour M. Hurricane 3 Neo, Skyline 3 Neo and blue sponge. Tibhar evolution MX and EL-P, Genius. Acuda S2 and S1. Rakza 7, 7soft and 9.

So far I like Hexer HD and Bluefire M2 the most but only really like them on my BH.

So I think after this season I will go with Omega IV Pro on FH and Europe on Backhand and just get used to those and never change ever again since there are only 38 euros in my country.

I was waiting for you to say your REAL reason to change from Tenergy was the PRICE. Don't feel wrong, that is exactly the same reason why I ditched Tenergy too. I did a similar journey to your journey and settled on Aurus and MX-P for the harder balde and FX-P for the flexy blades. I still use XP 2008 Super Power on BH or whatever BH rubber I have handy or want to tryout. (I am going to give Beijing 4 a shot on BH when I get my Nexy Kanaph in or maybe I give it a shot on the Allround Evolution when it comes in.

I hear a lot of players recommending you to gear down the speed of your blade. It is a classic pundit recommendation. The reasoning is a slower blade will allow you to feel the ball better and make more solid affirmative contact leading to better control. That makes a lot of sense, but if the player has fundamental flaws, then using a different blade will only make the player compensate for their flaws differently. A new blade will not improve one's footwork or ability to read the ball or anticipate better or be more decisive or serve/receive better or play better tactics, etc.

What a really slower might do is force you to play another shot or two or three before trying to finish the point. That forces you to construct points differently than before and gives you another option in your attacking game. That is always a good thing to have in your "Felix the Cat" bag of magic tricks. I think that is the best value of trying a slower blade.

felix 1.jpg

For those who play your style of game with your kind of blade (and it is a perfectly controllable blade on offense) you can succeed with a number of suitable FH rubbers. My FH is equally picky. Like you, I think medium to firm rubber are a better match for that blade. Aurus is great, so is MX-P. Even softish LT Spin is a good match. Out of these, Aurus is least inexpensive. You still have determined that the Omega IV is for you. I won't argue against you on that choice, those rubbers will suit a spin attack any day of the week and you like the cost, so good on you for discovering those.

My blade preferences are similar to yours, however, due to excessive battle damage, my main blades of that class were cracked beyond repair and I fell back on the 896 Der_Echte special to get by... and I seem to get by just fine with it.

The right rubber on the right ALL+ or OFF- blade can play a LOT spinnier, faster and more feel than some OFF blades themselves. You will discover for yourself what that zone is. I do not accept pundits' logic and ways blindly and I discover a lot of what pundits who have been around and succeeded say is true for different reasons.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I tried out Carl's "SLOW" Stiga Allround Evolution, which is supposed to be an ALL+ or so speed class balde. Carl had Omega IV on the blade I think. I tried out the FH topspin to FH counter topspin. His blade was simply a beast in that shot as well as spinny openers. Great control and the pace I could make on counter topspins felt a LOT faster than ALL+ class!

My point with this is that some combinations of "Slower" blades and rubbers can actually have the desired "Fast" or "Heavy" properties you want. The "pundits" praise such a setup for control, but for different reasons you have more control. The flex of the blade, it's rebound energy, as well as the same properties of the suitable rubber can do some amazing things on a full, FAST bat impact that is timed well. That is also called "gears".

I have an Allround Evolution on its way and might have it today or tomorrow. I think this will work out just fine for me and it will be another "Special" setup to use, but instead of being a "Der_Echte" special, it will be called a "Carl's Deluxe". That kind sounds like a juicy cheeseburger.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl