Ma Long New DHS Blade 2013

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
Found some new pictures, seems someone already got a test version of Hurricane Long 3 :)

33c81w9.jpg

vhesk7.jpg

1e2w6f.jpg

20szpfb.jpg

23uyngz.jpg

Aug 2012
Any idea what the outer ply on the blade is? Limba is the outer ply on a Clipper. Koto is the outer ply of a TB ALC.

I have the impression it is Limba. I have coated both my blades due to every time I reglued my blades small chips of wood came of. So my impression it is Limba because it is softer than koto

See the pictures hahaha...:)

Last edited:
Reactions: revulucao
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
See the pictures hahaha...:)

From the pictures that looks like it is Limba on the outer ply and it looks like it is probably Ayous on the inner plies. Very similar to a Stiga Clipper. Funny.

The two outer plies are pretty close in thickness to the two outer plies of a Clipper. The core is thicker on the Ma Long 3 than a Clipper and the two red plies are thinner than the two red plies on a Clipper. My money says it is fairly close to a Clipper.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
this blade is really long 159mm x 151 mm
7 layers, and 6.1 mm.
it weights about 90g.

but it feels dry and rather hard, it's not easy to loop with normal h3.

the reason why Ma Long upgrades is too increase his BH power. The CNT staff wants him to change the blade.

best regards,

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Clippers red plys are alot thicker than those

The two outer plies are pretty close in thickness to the two outer plies of a Clipper. The core is thicker on the Ma Long 3 than a Clipper and the two red plies are thinner than the two red plies on a Clipper. My money says it is fairly close to a Clipper.

But, yes, the red plies on a Clipper are a lot thicker than the red plies on this Ma Long blade.

Should play a little different than a Clipper because of the thickness of the plies, also, if it is 6.1 mm, overall it is thinner than the current Clippers. Stiga used to make some Clippers at that thickness though. I had one a few years ago. So it might actually be more like one of those Clippers.

But who knows, it might play very differently than a Clipper even if it is the same wood and the same number of plies.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
But, yes, the red plies on a Clipper are a lot thicker than the red plies on this Ma Long blade.

Should play a little different than a Clipper because if the thickness of the plies, also, if it is 6.1 mm, overall it is thinner than the current Clippers. Stiga used to make some Clippers at that thickness though. I had one a few years ago. So it might actually be more like one of those Clippers.

But who knows, it might play very differently than a Clipper even if it is the same wood and the same number of plies.

IMO the DHS 506 plays a lot different than a Clipper and as the structure of the 506 is same with Hurricane Long 3 blade, I would assume that it would too

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
IMO the DHS 506 plays a lot different than a Clipper and as the structure of the 506 is same with Hurricane Long 3 blade, I would assume that it would too

You are probably right. I certainly can't tell what it plays like from just looking.

Is that Ma Long 3 blade the same as the DHS 506?

It does look like DHS is trying to simulate something of the look of the Clipper though.

I know the DHS Hurricane King is the same plies as the Stiga Offensive Classic but it does not play quite the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
vhesk7.jpg

You are probably right. I certainly can't tell what it plays like from just looking.

Is that Ma Long 3 blade the same as the DHS 506?

It does look like DHS is trying to simulate something of the look of the Clipper though.

I know the DHS Hurricane King is the same plies as the Stiga Offensive Classic but it does not play quite the same.

From the picture Tommy he posted the ID-number on the side is telling that it has something to do with the 506. The rumour from different Chinese TT sites are stating that the difference between HL2 and HL3 is the adhesive they are using to put the layers together. Futhermore all the Clipper look alikes as you call them :) have this Ballonet tech that is somekind of ballon effect when hitting the ball. (You don't really fell it).

The Hurricane King is similar to the Old Stiga Offensive Classic. They have a different fell, but they have about the same playing characteristics
The new Stiga OC is (black walnut/limba)-spruce-ayous-spruce-(black walnut/limba).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
vhesk7.jpg

From the picture Tommy he posted the ID-number on the side is telling that it has something to do with the 506. The rumour from different Chinese TT sites are stating that the difference between HL2 and HL3 is the adhesive they are using to put the layers together. Futhermore all the Clipper look alikes as you call them :) have this Ballonet tech that is somekind of ballon effect when hitting the ball. (You don't really fell it).

The Hurricane King is similar to the Old Stiga Offensive Classic. They have a different fell, but they have about the same playing characteristics
The new Stiga OC is (black walnut/limba)-spruce-ayous-spruce-(black walnut/limba).

Great info. Thanks.