Ma Long

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
In the level of professional, there is just only WIN or LOSE, and certainly nobody wanna be a loser with some sort of stupid excuse "'coz I am not motivated". At amateur level, your level, my level or most of members on this forum, we can make a funny excuse for our poor performance like "I lost because I didn't concentrate", "I simply hate looking at your face so I can't concentrate" LOL... but rarely admit that "I play so bad and gotta train more".
And interestingly we, amateur players, are trying to explain the lose of someone like ZJK, especially against the beast of China team - Ma Long, because of "not motivated", just like you do in some funny training games out there. As I remember in some interviews I have watched, ZJK never mentioned unmotivated thing, he just pointed out the pressure difference between the major tourneys and the minor ones... If someone just keeps making excuse by that stupid lack-of-motivation, then they surely won't be able to get any huge achievement like ZJK did, and certainly I will look down my opponent very much, just like a stupid asshole, if he keeps making that stupid excuse after losing against me, no matter what he is...
So, PLEASE... DON'T MAKE ZHANG JIKE'S IMAGE THAT SUCK, if you guys idolize him

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Just look at matches before 2013 Kuwait Open between Zhang Jike and Ma long. Zhang Jike was serving to anywhere but is final of 2013 Kuwait Open he served 90% short in Ma Long's forehand and won the match.

Wang Hao's loss in 2010 Asian Games was because Ma Long was on fire not because that tactics doesn't work. Clearly Wang Hao has lack of motivation in pro tours and that is why he loss to Ma Long not because that tactics doesn't work.

Ma Long is not the best in returning serves. He doesn't use flick usually and so many of his pushes goes long. Zhang Jike (or Wang Hao) is the best in returning serves. His pushes are very low, very short and he is flick 80% of serves.

When I read most of your post, it is truly obvious you idolize ZJK so much that you cannot accept him to lose to anyone especially ML. But even if you idolize ZJK so high I wonder why you cannot accept the fact that ZJK could beat ML even if he did not use short game tactics, is ZJK play sucks so much to the extend that he cannot win if he did not play a short game? Funny eh?

Back to the issue, maybe it is true that ML do have some issue on the short game. But like bricephan did mention, why cant WH and all the tt player wins most of the time if they can easily execute the tactics to beat ML? Come on people, not everytime they can win against ML using short game. This is a world class player were talking about, not some amateur player that has some issue with their backhand week in and week out. ZJK or other player can win against ML without using any of this short game tactics. It depends on how they exploit his weakness during the game, which is hard since ML was by far the most consistent tt player in this time. But that doesnt make him immortal, XX and ZJK has done that without any short game tactics, Yan An and FZD almost done so without short game also. It does not have to be a short game to beat ML.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
In the previous post, you said until 2013 Kuwait Open, Zhang Jike just has found out the tactics to beat Ma Long. But in this post, you said Zhang Jike had found out these tactics before, in 2012 Chinese Super League. Which is true?

If the later is true, i wonder how Zhang Jike do not use these tactics in the match of China Trial for 2013 WTTC, which he was loss. I don't think Zhang Jike was so stupid!
I have to say i was wrong. Zhang Jike actually used that tactics in 2012 Chinese Super League and after that but lost in the trails to Ma long because he was not in good shape.
I don't mean Zhang Jike can win against Ma Long every time but if he is in good shape then he will win the match by using that tactics.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
When I read most of your post, it is truly obvious you idolize ZJK so much that you cannot accept him to lose to anyone especially ML. But even if you idolize ZJK so high I wonder why you cannot accept the fact that ZJK could beat ML even if he did not use short game tactics, is ZJK play sucks so much to the extend that he cannot win if he did not play a short game? Funny eh?

Back to the issue, maybe it is true that ML do have some issue on the short game. But like bricephan did mention, why cant WH and all the tt player wins most of the time if they can easily execute the tactics to beat ML? Come on people, not everytime they can win against ML using short game. This is a world class player were talking about, not some amateur player that has some issue with their backhand week in and week out. ZJK or other player can win against ML without using any of this short game tactics. It depends on how they exploit his weakness during the game, which is hard since ML was by far the most consistent tt player in this time. But that doesnt make him immortal, XX and ZJK has done that without any short game tactics, Yan An and FZD almost done so without short game also. It does not have to be a short game to beat ML.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
I can accept Zhang Jike to lose but not more than 50% of times to a player if he is in a good form because i believe he is the best.
Zhang Jike and other players can beat Ma Long without short game tactics but they simply have more chance if the use those tactics. Without that short game tactics Zhang Jike has 10% chance but if he use that tactics he has 90%.

Last edited: