Matches from a good angle to learn from where pros use W968

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
This should mainly be about learning and watching technique from pro training and pro Matches where the pro uses W968 blade.

What I am interested in:
- Good angles where you can see the ball, spin, players and their movements clearly, or at least not from current WTT Angle or former Bird POV
- Matches but it can also be training
- In matches you can see how they practically use their techniques, movements etc.
- Mainly wanna watch these techniques :
forehand/backhand topspin against anything,
backhand flip

I like: Wang Chuqin, Ma Long ( he doesnt flip much) and some Koreans with W968
Anything along these lines is appreciated.

Can be youtube, bilibili or anything really.

Here some examples:

Would appreciate if you guys would contribute.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
One thing I noticed for example.
In this video.

WCQ is a lefty and normally they can flip the serves of righties more easily ( see LYJ, WCQ, LGY etc. )
WCQ fails to flip Dimas BH and Tomahawk serve to his bh side, which is essentially the same spin as a normal pendulum serve for him as a lefty.
That makes me wanna flip less from backhand side now (Also other factors included).
Also in the match WCQ vs LGY, many receives were simple pushes from the backhand side.

And you could see how he looped a heavy long underspin ball compared to a half long underspin ball.
The deep heavy spin one is a lot of arm/forearm acceleration with not much forward movement.
The half long one is a finisher with much more forward movement from body and racket.

LGY vs WCQ from WTT Angle, but you can see the decision making.

Reactions: JustANoob
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
One thing I noticed for example.
In this video.

WCQ is a lefty and normally they can flip the serves of righties more easily ( see LYJ, WCQ, LGY etc. )
WCQ fails to flip Dimas BH and Tomahawk serve to his bh side, which is essentially the same spin as a normal pendulum serve for him as a lefty.
That makes me wanna flip less from backhand side now (Also other factors included).
Also in the match WCQ vs LGY, many receives were simple pushes from the backhand side.

And you could see how he looped a heavy long underspin ball compared to a half long underspin ball.
The deep heavy spin one is a lot of arm/forearm acceleration with not much forward movement.
The half long one is a finisher with much more forward movement from body and racket.

LGY vs WCQ from WTT Angle, but you can see the decision making.
I think unfamiliarity with Dina's serve may have made it difficult to flip on the fly. But if you know your opponent's serve rotation pretty well, you could probably attempt to flip it and get good percentages on your attack. I've seen WCQ flip serves from righties to his BH, but it's usually straight pendulum serves from FZD, TH and ML short to his backhand. He often flips the serve out wide to their forehand especially late in the match. Earlier in the match, he may be more conservative with his service returns. Also Dima usually does his tomahawk and BH serve from the middle/forehand part of the table; this should add some side to the spin. Unlike ML/FZD/TH's serve that are from their backhand side of the table, and their spin looks more simple.

This user has no status.
Dima is one of the best tomahawk and BH servers on the circuit. No surprise that Wang Chuqin is respecting the serves more to land the shots first.

But imo, the sidespin serves to the wide BH (the ones that exit the side of the table with a very wide angle) are a trap of sorts for chiquita players. Ma Long uses this against FZD a lot. I hate those serves too.

It is very difficult to go down the line with chiquita on those serves. Unless you wanna be a hero and do the around the net shot. But what are your landing percentages on that shot when the opponent is varying serve spin wildly too? So your return options for chiquita is limited to wide BH diagonal to elbow area and often opponents exploit this by just waiting for your ball and then punishing it hard with a down the line switch with the weapon of their choice (either with pivot FH or BH). Sure you can vary the spin and speed of the chiquita but the opponent can also react to those variations if he's good. Unless you have such high quality on the chiquita like LYJ or ZJK that you scare ppl away from serving there in the first place.

So recently I actually stopped trying to chiquita 90% of these serves and try to chiquita only 20-30% of them. My main receive options are the sidespin chopblock, BH sideswipe or BH short push.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
don't understand why W968?
won't any other blade "be the same"? lol
The technique is different.
Forehand technique differs from that of Viscaria users (FZD, ZJK, etc.) .
Most W968 users also use H3.
I find there are significant differences to the point where I want to learn these specific ones.
The same W968 FH technique would land in the net if you did it that way with a Viscaria type blade.
I.e. : Hitting point on the ball, backswing, how much forward/upward movement.
I prefer it this way, and others might do so as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The technique is different.
Forehand technique differs from that of Viscaria users (FZD, ZJK, etc.) .
Most W968 users also use H3.
I find there are significant differences to the point where I want to learn these specific ones.
The same W968 FH technique would land in the net if you did it that way with a Viscaria type blade.
I.e. : Hitting point on the ball, backswing, how much forward/upward movement.
I prefer it this way, and others might do so as well.
so what is differences in the technique with W968 + H3 and with Viscaria + H3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Main point of the thread was the GOOD angle, the good videos, and the fact that an amateur can get better viewing experience than the whole WTT. I better don't start about this rel. recent "improvement" in lightning...

But some people will pick an irrelevant detail... I say, to each his own!
good angle, that I read
but must be good angle with one blade only (I guess you didn't read that)

First time i'm hearing the ball will be netted because of a blade
So, I guess my Viscaria + H3 videos are not suitable for this thread, as it is the wrong BLADE

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I dont want a big discussion about it but this is simply why I I said "W968".
First of all, I dont even have a W968, just simply a flexible looping blade that plays similarly enough to the Original.
And only chinese forehand rubbers.
And the only Pros that use a setup very closely to that are mostly the W968 users (chinese, some koreans).
I cant recall that there are any other H3 users with an inner carbon fiber blade that isnt a W968 in some way.
D09c or K3 + Inner ALC type stuff isnt close enough, imo.
Thats why W968, it narrows the pros down to what I want.
Instead of W968 I could also say any pros with a flexible looping blade and H3 on Forehand, but that simply describes all W968 users.
So its not about the super mystical holy blade from Ma Long ( which I dont even have), but about criteria that i mentioned.
If there was different Pros that use a setup that is close enough, I would include those as well, but there are none ( at least to my knowledge, would like to know if there was) .

And technique wise, Flexible W968 + H3 requires differences compared to direct and impactful Viscaria + H3.
For me, it is significant enough that I am looking for this specifically.
Obviously it plays a role in every shot, but most of them are negligible.
Its mostly about forehand and backhand loop, you could argue that a flip is some sort of backhand loop as well.
Is
Compared to most other setups, a loop with my described setup
can require you to:
- hit the ball more forward instead of upward
- generally always put more force and momentum into your shots
- Whip and Swing more
- stay more relaxed rather than stiff in your body
- accelerate for a longer duration because of more dwell time
And it also:
- absorbs more energy
- holds the ball longer, thus ball leaves your racket at a different timing
- creates a different feeling
- has a different force input/output ratio ( hard to explain )
- produces a different arc

goes for backhand and forehand loop.

TLDR:
- Pros that use W968 -> Pros that use chinese FH rubber with a flexible looping blade
- Technique with this setup is different compared to others
- I dont even have a W968 ( lol ), and im not praising it

Hope that helps!
Not interested in Drama, just looking to improve.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Here is a good one: